Trip Report Where is the World is Red Nose Mickey?

24 August

After reading and enjoying so many TR on the forum I thought it would only be fair if I added my own. This will be a semi live TR as I am at the World right now! After a couple of really stressful and difficult weeks I am finally in my happy place.
I left home (London,UK) at 9.30am local time, 4.30am Florida time, got to the airport, flight was delayed but luckily only an hour or so. The. flight itself was uneventful and I arrived at AS Sport at 8.30 pm. I got my magic band and happily go to my room only to be greetd with a horrible stench. I literally turn right around to go back to check in to get a different room. The girl at the front desk was super nice and apologetic and I had a new room within a few minutes. By the time I got to my new room and had unpacked I just wanted to shower and go to sleep. So that's what I did.
image.jpg

catmom46

Looking forward to more "semi-live" updates! But don't let it take away from you thoroughly enjoying yourself there. :)

12in12

Original Poster
25 August part 1

I woke up at 6am so plenty of time to get ready. For me there is only 1 park you can do on your first day, so that's where I was headed this morning.
I made myself a coffee using one of these.
image.jpg

I bring my own travel mug and use the hot water from the dining area.
It beats Disney coffee, I also ate some breakfast bars while waiting for the bus.
After a short wait the bus came and I was off, I just couldn't stop smiling, not even the air conditioning unit leaking on me on the bus could wipe the smile from my face. It wasn't long before I saw this
image.jpg

It wasn't too busy yet so I had time to soak it all in and take some pictures.
But it wasn't long before the opening show started, not going to lie, I got a bit misty eyed.
image.jpg

Once the park was opened people were doing their mad dashes but I just strolled on Main Street saying Good Morning to the CMs and looking at the castle.
I don't have any traditional first ride but I like Buzz so decided to make that my first ride this time. Unfortunately my gun didn't turn properly so it wasn't as much fun. Better luck next time.
I continued on to
image.jpg

Pooh and friends were so cute, I shared a hunny pot with a mom and her two young kids and the kids were just so sweet, laughing the whole ride.
My Fastpass for 7DMT was valid so that was my next stop. At 9.15 in the morning the line was already over an hour! With my Fastpass I was in and out in under 15 min.
Seeing it is stinking hot and humid here in Florida I made sure to drink a lot. Well if you drink a lot you have to tinkle a lot, so my next stop was...
image.jpg

There is a hidden Red Nose Mickey in this shot, no price if you find him.;)

My next FP wasn't for another 30 min. so I decided to visit an old haunt. A miracle happened and I rode the whole ride without stopping once. The Mansion was in very good form, or maybe the ghosts were to hot to play tricks on us.
On my way to Never Never Land who do I see looking for pirates?
image.jpg

Peter was feeling the heat and was sweating profusely. I only hopped in line because it was so short. Less then 5 min. wait, not the best Peter but still cute.
I could now use my FP for Peter Pan so took a my flight. I like the part where you fly over London best:).
Philharmonic was next, I think that film is brilliant. Everything flows so well together, there were some kids in the audience that had never been and there reaction to the smells and water etc. was pretty hilarious.
After returning my opera glasses I was ready for a dip Under the Sea. Wait time posted said 15 min. but it was a walk on. Such a happy colourful ride,even though Ursala reminds me of my previous boss I still like it.

By now it was 11.30 and I was hungry, luckily I had a lunch reservation at BOG.
I had pre ordered which is the way to go. The line to get in is pretty long but moves quickly but that doesn't stop people from complaining, both the group in front of me and behind me just couldn't believe they had to wait in this long line even with a reservation blah, blah, blah. I felt like saying something but decided against it. Once inside you are split up, there is a short line for people that have pre ordered or a very long line for people that haven't. I paid for my food and found a wonderful table by the window in the ballroom.
I know from past experience that american food portions are way too big for me. I usually share food but as I am travelling by myself this trip that won't be an option. At BOG I ordered a kids grilled cheese and tomato soup and the Master's cupcake.
image.jpg

It was all very tasty but not very warm. I LOVED the grey stuff.
After lunch I had a look in the West Wing to see the rose pedal fall and the portrait change. I was very full from lunch and getting tired so decided to skip my last FP for SM and go back to the hotel to rest.

Last edited:

12in12

Original Poster
25 August part 2

After my rest I was back in the MK at 5.30pm. It was bussier and hotter than I was expecting but I just adjusted my pace. Everything had a longer then 20 min. wait so I decided to take a few spins on the People Mover.
20150825_175826.jpg

After 3 laps around Tomorrow Land I went to sing along to It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow. It was a lovely airconditioned 20 min. Lines were still long so I went to the Laugh Floor, always funny. They picked a super shy girl to help and she wispered all her answers.

Last edited:

12in12

Original Poster
When Metropolis had enough power and the doors opened I went to find a spot for the MSELP. I usually watch from the train station but part of it was closed and the bit that was open was already very crowded at 8pm. I decided to walk closer to the castle and joined a nice family sitting on the sidewalk by the hub. It was another 40 min. wait but it was fun to people watch and chat with family who were kind enough to share their spot with me. Pretty soon the parade started, I can't stand still when that music starts so I was happily bobbing along and enjoying myself. I didn't take any pics as I just wanted to fully experience it. I stayed on for celebrate the magic. Because of all the construction you have to be in front of the castle to properly see it so I stood with the masses to see it. But it was hot and the masses were sweating, me included. For Wishes I moved to the bridge where Tink flies over, a much cooler spot as it was not so crowded and it had a bit of a breeze. Both Celebrate and Wishes were wonderful, I might have wiped a tear at some point, than again I might have been sweating from my eyes.
I was hoping the park would start to clear out after Wishes but clearly my wish wasn't granted. I still had to stand in line for Buzz but only 10 min. It was totally worth it though beause this was my score.
20150825_223124.jpg

I debated getting some ice cream to celebrate but the line at the ice cream parlor was just too long. I slowly made my way out of the park and was in my room by 11.30.
I had a great first day and spent $13.01.

Last edited:

12in12

Original Poster
August 26 part 1

I hadn't planned on getting up early but clearly my neighbours felt I should because they started getting ready very loudly at 6am. I tried laying in a bit but it was no use. I figured I might as well start the day. I got my bag with snacks etc. ready and headed to the food hall to make my coffee. I was on the first bus to EPCOT. For a minute it looked as if I would have a private bus but the driver stopped to pick up a few people at the other AS hotels. I made it to EPCOT for rd with time to spare. Once inside I went on TT single rider line and made it in the first car of the day. I had a blast and walked back on a second time. My hair was a mess after 2 laps on TT but I am not the kind of girl that carries a brush in her bag. Oh well, it's too hot to look good any way. My messy hair and I went Soarin with a FP. I love this ride so when I exited and saw it had a 20 min. wait I jumped back in line to go again. 20 min. turned into 45 min. but I got first row seat 5, so I was still happy. When in the Land you have to do LWTL, luckily this was a walk on. I enjoy this ride but wish the bench was a bit more comfortable. I was getting a bit hungry and looked at the strawberry short cake as it gets good reviews on here but I just wasn't feeling it. I just ate some of my snacks and got a free ice water. After my short break I used my second FP for SSE.
By then it was 11am and Starbucks time. I had a Venti decaf ice Americano $3.69.
20150826_114424.jpg

I was hungry again so slowly made my way over to France as I wanted to eat lunch at Les Halles. The food there is soooo good. I got a spinach and goat cheese quiche and a creme brulee spending a total of $10.50.
20150826_120101.jpg

I couldn't wait and had a bite before taking a pic. There was no room to sit inside but I lucked out with a table in the shade outside.
I ate slowly while enjoying the ambiance of fake France. With my tummy very full I browsed the shops in France and the UK.
Hidden Red Nose Mickey in the UK.
20150826_124453.jpg

The shops both make me laugh because they sell which are regular things for me at rediculious prices.
20150826_125150.jpg
$4.95 before tax for a pack of biscuits! I buys these at home for $0.70 tax included. Same with the jams in France etc. Needless to say I didn't buy anything.
I was slowly making my way to Canada to see the Lumberjacks. There has been such a fuss about this show I wanted to check it out myself. I have to say I didn't care for the it. I found the MC robotic and the act a bit boring. It was 1.30 and I was getting too hot and tired but didn't want to go back to my hotel so what's a nice dark cool place for a rest? Ellen's Energy Adventures of course. I didn't even try to stay awake, I had a bench to myself so as soon as the lights dimmed I laid down for a 37 min. rest. I don't think I actually slept but I certaintly dozed. That ride should be twice as long in my opinion!
Feeling refreshed I went to the stickies place in EPCOT, Club Cool. I tried all the sodas, even the Beverly:depressed:. This one was my favourite.
20150826_143703.jpg

I had 3 cups of it and went off to see my friends in the deep blue sea. This was a walk on even without my FP. Once out of my shell Turtle Talk was starting so I walked right in. That Crush cracks me up every time. All the kids were very into it making it even more fun. After saying "Later Dude" I walked up to the second floor to see the turtles being fed. So cute!
20150826_152455.jpg

Last edited:

12in12

Original Poster
je spreekt Nederlands :) I will follow along :) Maybe with our next trip in October we will do some live stuff as well or some persicope!
I am Dutch, zo spreek natuurlijk nederlands, but as this forum is in English we should speak their lingo. Always a bit nerve racking writing a TR in english even more so because my spell check doesn't work :eek:but it's fun to keep a record of my days.

12in12

Original Poster
August 26 part 2

I said goodbye to my fishy friends and went to see Figment. It's a super corny ride but I like it. I wanted to play in the after ride area but I didn't have time as I was meeting Vitani88 for dinner. We had chosen Spice Road Tables and got a nice table outside by the lake. I had such a great time talking to Vitani88 I didn't take any pics. Not of the food or the view, sorry. We each had a mixed drink and we shared the hummus fries and the baked brie, both were very good. For dessert we had the saffron lemon custard and the baklava, neither was that tasty. The meal including tip plus tax was $63. After dinner we walked out of the park together and split up at the bus stop. Hopefully we get to meet up again next time I am at WDW. I was back in my room by 9.45pm and in bed by 10.30.

Last edited:

12in12

Original Poster
27 August

I hadn't set my alarm but woke up at 6.30 so made it to AK for rd. It was fun that you can look at some animals and talk to staff while waiting for rd. After reading reviews and seeing so many great pics I decided to ride EE for the first time ever so I hung right on rd. I was the first and only person in the single rider line. I figured since EE only had a lap bar it wouldn't be too intense for me. I was wrong, so so wrong. After hardly seeing the yeti, as I mostly had my eyes closed, I walked off on very shaky legs. I took my time strolling around until I felt better.
20150827_091257.jpg

AK is a beautiful park, the theming is so well done. A light drizzle had started by the time I made it to my safari. It was a succesful trip as I saw many active animals including the lions and a jaguar.
The lights drizzle had turned into proper rain so I was happy I had my poncho with me as I walked over to Dino to go back in time. After Dino I got some inside knowledge on how tough it is to be a bug. The kids reactions during the show makes it even more entertaining.
When I got out of the show the rain had turned into an epic down pour. No poncho would be a match for it.
20150827_123905.jpg

Loads of people were headed to the exit but I decided to stay. Yes I was wet but it wasn't cold like in London and once you just accept there are puddles in your shoes you can get on with things. I wanted to sing Hakuna Matata so that's what I did. Those performers are so talented! It is very easy to get a good seat if you are a solo traveler as you can just scoot in somewhere. During this show I sat right on the edge of the first non disabled bench and got a high five from Timon when he came past.
When the show was finished, you guessed it, it was still raining. Time to make my way over to Tamu Tamu, some Dole Whip float with coconut rum would surely bring the sun out,$6.58. It didn't but it made me not mind the rain as much. No pics as I was dripping wet and didn't want to get my phone out of my bag. Trust me when I say it was good!
I wanted to walk the nature trail but when I got there it was closed, so I thought I would ride the train but that was closed too. By now it had been raining for 3 hours and I was getting tired of it but I wanted to enjoy my AK day so refused to leave. I had read about the new Harambe Market so went there to get something for lunch. AK had the best QS options of all the parks imho,so it was difficult to choose but I had eaten at Yak and Yeti and FTBBQ on previous trips so felt I should try the market. I rarely eat meat but thought the sausage dipped in curry batter sounded good so I got that. I got a side with it as it cost the same with or without $10.98. I can't eat fresh tomato so had a cookie instead.
20150827_133543.jpg

I took this pic right before I threw the sausage in the bin. It was gross mostly because it had been laying under a heat lamp in a big container with lots of other sausages. I told the CM the sausage wasn't very warm and that it was soggy, he didn't say anything just went to the same dish to get another one out. I asked if he could make a fresh one as all of the ones in the container were going to taste the same. This is when the CM very rudely said " I made these like 20 min. ago so they are fresh, so do you want a new one or not" NOT, thank you very much! Now I had been walking around in the rain for hours and still had a smile on my face and was polite but after this interaction I admitted defeat and made my way to the exit. While walking out it really bother me how the CM had spoken to me. Thanks to this forum I know you can complain at guest relations so I stopped there before I left. Michael helped me and he was all you would expect from a CM. Super nice and friendly and very sorry to hear about what had happened. He took all my details and my receipt and gave me a free qs meal to use at a later time. It was nice to get the free meal but that's not why I complained. That rude CM ruined my good mood that I had been hanging onto despite the rain and I don't want another guest having the same experience.
After Michael restored my faith in CM's I went back to my room to get out of my soaking wet clothes and have a rest.

Last edited:

rufio

Wow! I can't believe how that CM talked to you! I've had mostly good experiences with all of the CMs, but there's always that one who has to ruin it for everyone... At least you had a good experience with guest relations! I'm so jealous that you're still there!! I hope you're having a great time!

FlaggNL

I am Dutch, zo spreek natuurlijk nederlands, but as this forum is in English we should speak their lingo. Always a bit nerve racking writing a TR in english even more so because my spell check doesn't work :eek:but it's fun to keep a record of my days.

Off course we speak English :) But great to see that there are more Dutch people on WDWMagic :) And I understand what you mean, sometimes I read back my PTR or TR and I see some spell of myself ;) It's great to see TR's from other Disney lovers and it brings back the thoughts of former trips and helps pumping up the nerves for the next trip :) Een fijne dag!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom