where is the Disney Character outlet store?

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
Hi there, we are leaving in less then 2 weeks for Vero Beach. Since we will have a rental car and never have one before I would like to visit the Character Outlet store that I have heard about, but never visisted. Is it worth the trip?

Does anyone know how to get there, maybe an adress so I can get a map or a link to it. Mr. Phd isn't going to let me go unless I can tell him just how to get there.

We are flying int MCO and driving from there to Vero Beach.

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Phd

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
there's 3 in Orlando... one at the Orlando premium outlets near WDW, and 2 in the Belz Factory Outlet on International Drive.

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
Thanks so much MTK, I was able to find and address and maps on line with the info you provided.

Which one do you think is better? The 1st day we plan on driving to VB from the airport, and not going to WDW, which one would be closer to MCO airport? (or even just easiest to get to form the airport).

Has people found some good things here, or is it like going to the Disney Store?

Our last day we are hoping to hit DTD for a while before heading out to the airport, so we might be able to do the Orlando Preimium outlets one.

Mrs. PhD.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
none of them are really convenient from the airport... I suppose of you're going to VB from the airport, you'd take Florida's Turnpike... in which case, you COULD go to the Premium Outlets and check out the store there, then catch the turnpike by WDW...

Debbie

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
Which one do you think is better
Has people found some good things here, or is it like going to the Disney Store?

Mrs. PhD.

Sorry this is a little late. In December I shopped all three. The Premium Outlet had the best things for me. However, as I make it a point to go every time I visit Disney, it really is a 'hit or miss' kind of thing. I have to really like something in the parks or at Downtown Disney to pay full price. I have gotten some terrific bargains at the Outlet stores.

When you get back, let me know if you found any deals.

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
Hi there, we did the Preimun outlets, but I am wishing we did the Beltz ones too, next trip we will. It was great. Some really great deals (and some thing weren't on sale at all so you had to be careful.) I got a Disney bear (26.00 normally) for 6.00, some die cast ride toys for 2$, and a Cinderella "bussnes card holder" (very cute) for only 8.00 (normally 18 I think.) I also got a childs T-shirt, like the one I just got DD in Jan, but one size bigger and a differnt color for when she outgrows her favorite shirt. (it was 7.00 intead of 18.00)

I love WDW Soviners, half off is even better!

I think it was worth the tirp. Now I always want to have a rental car to go there, but I was thinking that is is so close to DTD, that I cab might not be too much.

Debbie

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
Hi there, we did the Preimun outlets, but I am wishing we did the Beltz ones too, next trip we will. It was great. Some really great deals (and some thing weren't on sale at all so you had to be careful

I love WDW Soviners, half off is even better!

I think it was worth the tirp. Now I always want to have a rental car to go there, but I was thinking that is is so close to DTD, that I cab might not be too much.

Glad you got to go check it out! I have sometimes left the stores feeling like I hit the jackpot, finding shirts for $1.99 Some of them have slight imperfections; so slight that my sis says if someone looks that close; slap 'em. As I said before, I buy nothing on WDW property until I check out what available at the Outlets. I didn't even know about the Premium Outlet until we were on 535 coming back from Wal-Mart and I saw the Character Outlet sign (well we HAD to stop!).
BTW-how was your trip with a little one and being PG? How did you cope with the heat?

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
My only problem is from now on I am going to want a rental car just so I can go there! That sounds like a good 1st day tradation.

Thanks for asking about the trip. It was really great. We has such a good time. Little PhD loved the pool and the ocean and I felt great, I even enjoyed being pregnant (for a week!) Vero Beach is a wonderful resort, every bit a deluxe Disney Quailty, just at the beach. It wasn't too hot, and being at the resort helped a ton. Everything is so close and convenet. It was the eaisest beach vacation I have ever had. Here is a link to a trip report a I posted after we got back.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38662

Now I have 11 weeks to due date! This is going to be a long hot summer!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom