Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

trr1

National-Oklahoma-Day-June-7.jpg
National-Boone-Day.jpg
national-chocolate-ice-cream-day-june-7.png
national-vcr-day-june-7.png

MinnieM123

Premium Member
You know, I really should make a point to see more of FL than just Central Florida.

It's a big state with many things to see--you won't be disappointed! :)

There's a lot to see there that isn't a theme park!

Yupper! Aside of the Disney/Orlando area, I've been to the Space Coast (Kennedy Space Center), and Daytona (including the famous raceway--had a "Ride-Along" (passenger) experience at the Richard Petty Driving Experience there--that was a blast riding shotgun! :happy: The driver went 180 mph, and drove up high on the steep banks--4 laps. :joyfull:)

Also been to Miami (usual touristy spots, but also the Miami Jai-Alai Fronton --that was interesting, as was the daytime wagering crowd . . . :cautious:, but it was FUN!! :p ) Been to Key Biscayne, and as far down as Islamorada in the Florida Keys. Lastly, took a tour of the Florida Citrus Tower in Clermont, and looked out at the orange groves.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
This mother-to-be was busy at work today. She was rooting around and digging through the dirt, building a nest and preparing for future Everglades inhabitants. She is a Florida softshell turtle, and I saw her just off of the Anhinga Trail in the national park. Also saw several alligators even further on down the trail, but since I've bombarded you all with plenty of gator pics in the past, I'll spare you this time. ;) But they were as awesome as always to see.

Did several other hiking trails today which could not have been done during the September '15 trip due to mosquitoes. They have been non-existent so far this trip (knock on wood). I'm actually enjoying the heat / humidity! :eek: (when there's enough water on hand). I blame @Nemo14 's bad influence on me over the years.

Tomorrow wraps-up the Everglades and this part of Fla before heading north a tad.

View attachment 288570

View attachment 288571

View attachment 288572

View attachment 288573

p.s. If these pics / updates are boring ya'll.... PLEASE let me know and I'll stop. (With no feelings hurt).
Keep ‘em coming, please!

I like the gator/croc pics a lot too.
Every time I make Mike look, he tells me you’re nuts. 😂 I guess we won’t be joining you anytime soon.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
This mother-to-be was busy at work today. She was rooting around and digging through the dirt, building a nest and preparing for future Everglades inhabitants. She is a Florida softshell turtle, and I saw her just off of the Anhinga Trail in the national park. Also saw several alligators even further on down the trail, but since I've bombarded you all with plenty of gator pics in the past, I'll spare you this time. ;) But they were as awesome as always to see.

Did several other hiking trails today which could not have been done during the September '15 trip due to mosquitoes. They have been non-existent so far this trip (knock on wood). I'm actually enjoying the heat / humidity! :eek: (when there's enough water on hand). I blame @Nemo14 's bad influence on me over the years.

Tomorrow wraps-up the Everglades and this part of Fla before heading north a tad.

View attachment 288570

View attachment 288571

View attachment 288572

View attachment 288573

p.s. If these pics / updates are boring ya'll.... PLEASE let me know and I'll stop. (With no feelings hurt).

Are you crazy?! LOVE the photos (and your commentary as well). More, more, more, please! :cat:

Nemo14

Love those pictures - that last turtle picture is awesome! I don't remember if you got to meet Big Al at the condo - he has that same snout and it surfaces before he does.Pretty neat!

Where are you heading to next?

Songbird76

I'm drained! We got a call from DS's school that he fell and his wrist was still hurting an hour later. So DH came and picked him up. The doctor couldn't tell if it was broken, so he sent us to the hospital for an x-ray. Got right in for that, and they told us it was broken, and sent us down to the ER for further treatment and we waited and waited and waited. We were there for about 3.5 hours, but he's all casted up and we have to go have it checked again in the morning.
The bone wasn't straight, so needed to be reset, and the options were to either give it a quick nudge while casting it and hoping it set right, or waiting until there was an OR available (around 3.am) to set it surgically. But he couldn't eat or drink anything until we got it all taken care of, and with his autism, they thought a surgury might be more traumatic for him so they opted for the quick nudge. They did another x-ray to see that it set right and we have to go back in the morning for one more. If it didn't set right, then he'll probably have to have surgery anyway. So...pixie dust and prayers please!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I'm drained! We got a call from DS's school that he fell and his wrist was still hurting an hour later. So DH came and picked him up. The doctor couldn't tell if it was broken, so he sent us to the hospital for an x-ray. Got right in for that, and they told us it was broken, and sent us down to the ER for further treatment and we waited and waited and waited. We were there for about 3.5 hours, but he's all casted up and we have to go have it checked again in the morning.
The bone wasn't straight, so needed to be reset, and the options were to either give it a quick nudge while casting it and hoping it set right, or waiting until there was an OR available (around 3.am) to set it surgically. But he couldn't eat or drink anything until we got it all taken care of, and with his autism, they thought a surgury might be more traumatic for him so they opted for the quick nudge. They did another x-ray to see that it set right and we have to go back in the morning for one more. If it didn't set right, then he'll probably have to have surgery anyway. So...pixie dust and prayers please!
Oh that’s not good.
Fingers crossed and prayers said for no surgery and a quick recovery.

Nemo14

Yikes - hope it sets right!

trr1

National-Best-Friends-Day-June-8-1024x512.png

thought I would clarify in light of recent events
National Name Your Poison Day is observed each year on June 8. Over the years, bartenders have been known to use the phrase, “name your poison,” when asking patrons what they would like to drink. This observation celebrates that phrase and is a day to commemorates making a choice or a decision.

It may be a simple choice to make, or it might be a difficult decision that requires a lot of thought.

The origin of the phrase “name your poison” is unknown. It is believed when it was first used, it referred to making a choice from a poor collection of options. It suggests whichever selection was made would be a bad one. Hence, the word “poison” in the phrase.

national-name-your-poison-day-june-8-1024x512.png

Each year on June 8, National Upsy Daisy Day is set aside to encourage you to face the day positively and to get up ‘gloriously, gratefully and gleefully’ each morning.

Every day is a gift and if we remember that as we rise each morning, it will help us carry a good attitude throughout the day, whatever the day may bring us. Life is full of challenges and bumps in the road, and it is our attitude that helps us over the bumps and through the challenges to move onward with a smile.

Give it a try. Be grateful and thankful for what you do have such as a bed to sleep in, food to eat, friends and family. Try a smile and see how it feels. It may surprise you that it feels good on the inside also and how other people will smile back. You may just brighten up their day!

national-upsy-daisy-day-june-8.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom