Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
I just looked at the upcoming events for the week and the rest of the school year... the feeling of being overwhelmed just hit me. It happens around this time every year. Nothing is normal. Squeezing in learning, while doing fun celebrations, while having random events thrown into the schedule, having field trips, etc. All on top of trying to pack up your classroom. It's a lot. It's by far the busiest time of year, and I never know how I get it all done while still doing my normal job of teaching. And planning all the fun celebration events takes so much more time and effort than just teaching normal lessons.

Goofyernmost

Congrats to your grandson!! If I remember correctly from my own college graduation, they divided ours maybe by type of degree? I think mine was everyone graduating in the field of education, no matter which subject. Then you have people graduating in the arts, or in the sciences, etc...but I'm not positive. I know we had more than just our music education class, but I don't remember who else was there. And they did each ceremony in a different place. Ours was also in the stadium at our school, but I know there were others across campus.
Yes, I think that is what they were doing as well. The one I was at was business and social services, I believe.

Goofyernmost

Congratulations to your grandson, and glad that you were able to attend the ceremony. :)
I had quite the week, I drove on the 4th (be with you) to Pidgeon Forge and paid a very wet visit to Dollywood and multiple other places with my oldest Daughter and SIL and three grandkids. We stayed in a very nice "cabin" in the bear invested woods and visited a place called Anakeesta in Gatlinburg where I rode up the mountain on a ski lift and wandered around there for a few hours at the top, we also visited downtown Gatlinburg and a place called the Islands in Pidgeon Forge before driving on the 9th to Charlotte and then joining my other daughter for my grandsons graduation at UNC Charlotte. Attended the graduation and diving home from there on the 10th.

So far it has taken me the last three days in an attempt at recovery. Good news, I'm almost there. Traffic was unbelievable in the Charlotte area. Seven or eight lanes of crazy people trying to get wherever they were going at warp speed** and in the middle of all that the check engine light came on in my car. I still don't know why. After checking all the vital things over carefully I could not find a serious reason why it was on so I made the decision to continue home at high speed for the next 120 miles home. Nothing about the car was acting different and still isn't but I had to make an appointment to get in for a diagnostic check on Thursday. Not bad for an old man.
"I'm given er all she's got Captain" (said in a Scottish accent)

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I had quite the week, I drove on the 4th (be with you) to Pidgeon Forge and paid a very wet visit to Dollywood and multiple other places with my oldest Daughter and SIL and three grandkids. We stayed in a very nice "cabin" in the bear invested woods and visited a place called Anakeesta in Gatlinburg where I rode up the mountain on a ski lift and wandered around there for a few hours at the top, we also visited downtown Gatlinburg and a place called the Islands in Pidgeon Forge before driving on the 9th to Charlotte and then joining my other daughter for my grandsons graduation at UNC Charlotte. Attended the graduation and diving home from there on the 10th.

So far it has taken me the last three days in an attempt at recovery. Good news, I'm almost there. Traffic was unbelievable in the Charlotte area. Seven or eight lanes of crazy people trying to get wherever they were going at warp speed** and in the middle of all that the check engine light came on in my car. I still don't know why. After checking all the vital things over carefully I could not find a serious reason why it was on so I made the decision to continue home at high speed for the next 120 miles home. Nothing about the car was acting different and still isn't but I had to make an appointment to get in for a diagnostic check on Thursday. Not bad for an old man.
"I'm given er all she's got Captain" (said in a Scottish accent)
Sounds like you had a nice getaway to Pidgeon Forge and Gatlinburg. It's great to take a mini-vacation for a few days and see different scenery, etc., (in addition to the graduation you attended). The odd reality about returning home after vacation is dealing with some muscle discomfort -- from muscles you never use in your daily routine. Happens to the best of us! :joyfull:

I hope the engine light situation gets resolved, without much effort needed to fix it. On seldom occasions, those crazy lights might come on, but then nothing for a very long time after that. 🤷‍♀️ Glad you're getting it checked out though.

Goofyernmost

Sounds like you had a nice getaway to Pidgeon Forge and Gatlinburg. It's great to take a mini-vacation for a few days and see different scenery, etc., (in addition to the graduation you attended). The odd reality about returning home after vacation is dealing with some muscle discomfort -- from muscles you never use in your daily routine. Happens to the best of us! :joyfull:

I hope the engine light situation gets resolved, without much effort needed to fix it. On seldom occasions, those crazy lights might come on, but then nothing for a very long time after that. 🤷‍♀️ Glad you're getting it checked out though.
Very true. I haven't been able to do much in the line of activity since Covid started and that was followed by my cervicel stenosis and fusion two years ago. Last September I drove to Vermont to visit my sister and a few friends and the result of that gave me the courage to attempt this. I think I was running on adrenaline for most of the week because when I got home and took everything out of the car I sat down and all the energy drained out of me in a flash. I'm just about back to pre-trip energy now. That is what seems weird to me is how long it takes to recover. I used to spend days running all over WDW after driving the 1500 miles to get there and 1500 miles back and got up the next morning and just went to work with no issues. I miss that.

By the way, when you vacation (holiday for our European friends) after retirement it really is just being retired in a different place. Vacation from what? That is the key question.

SteveBrickNJ

My wife and I will be leaving Brick NJ Wed. morning in anticipation of our daughter's wedding this Sat. May 18th.
I just took another peek at my new suit that I'll wear for the first time on the day of the wedding. Naturally every pocket is closed with a thread.
I am wondering if I should keep it that way? This article says it looks neat and even like that.
Yet maybe I'll wish I had a place to put something other than the suit's pants.
All opinions are welcome....

trr1

My wife and I will be leaving Brick NJ Wed. morning in anticipation of our daughter's wedding this Sat. May 18th.
I just took another peek at my new suit that I'll wear for the first time on the day of the wedding. Naturally every pocket is closed with a thread.
I am wondering if I should keep it that way? This article says it looks neat and even like that.
how about this ?
1715639683477.png or this 1715639943907.png

just kidding

SteveBrickNJ

Probably I'll opt to keep my car keys in my front pants pocket, my cell phone in my back pants pocket and I'll leave the suit with the pockets sewn closed. A month beyond the wedding I might cut the thread and wear the suit as a guest to a wedding or to church or whatever.

PUSH

Original Poster
First, congratulations to your daughter! Second, when I was in my brother's wedding in October, I didn't put anything in my pockets that I wouldn't normally have in them (phone, wallet), so the pockets in the pants were more than enough.

Goofyernmost

We've been talking about college graduations lately... I just realized I graduated college 7 years ago today. I can't believe it's been 7 years already.
I can't either! I remember when you were a high schooler or just getting ready to start college. It looks like you have found your niche quickly and I congratulate you for that. I am close to 76 years old and am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. As soon as I figure it out, I'll let everyone know. 🤔 🥱

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom