Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It is a good thing the ship staff alerted MDOT that his ship lost propulsion prior to hitting the bridge . MDOT then alerted teams to close off the Key bridge so no more cars could drive over the bridge. Lives were saved because of the ship's action.
(Preliminary reports) indicate that the ship's Mayday call was helpful, in averting additional casualties. The comprehensive investigation of this disaster, will take a long time.

trr1

NATIONAL PITA DAY | March 29
GOOD FRIDAY | Friday Before Easter
NATIONAL NEVADA DAY | March 29
NATIONAL VIETNAM WAR VETERANS DAY - March 29
NATIONAL LEMON CHIFFON CAKE DAY - March 29
NATIONAL MOM AND POP BUSINESS OWNERS DAY - March 29

NATIONAL VIRTUAL VACATION DAY | March 30
NATIONAL PENCIL DAY - March 30
NATIONAL DOCTORS DAY - March 30
NATIONAL I AM IN CONTROL DAY - March 30
NATIONAL TAKE A WALK IN THE PARK DAY - March 30

NATIONAL CRAYON DAY - MARCH 31
NATIONAL PROM DAY | March 31
EASTER - Changes Annually
NATIONAL CLAMS ON THE HALF SHELL DAY - March 31
NATIONAL BUNSEN BURNER DAY - March 31
NATIONAL TATER DAY - March 31

National April Month
NATIONAL PICKLEBALL MONTH | APRIL
LIMB LOSS AND LIMB DIFFERENCE AWARENESS MONTH | April
NATIONAL AFTERNOON TEA MONTH | April
NATIONAL BRUNCH MONTH | April
NATIONAL FINANCIAL LITERACY MONTH - April
NATIONAL ALCOHOL AWARENESS MONTH - APRIL
PARKINSON'S AWARENESS MONTH - April
ENGLISH LANGUAGE MONTH - April
NATIONAL MONTH OF HOPE - April
NATIONAL VOLUNTEER MONTH - April
DISTRACTED DRIVING AWARENESS MONTH - April
NATIONAL LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE MONTH - April
SCOTTISH-AMERICAN HERITAGE MONTH - April
CANINE FITNESS MONTH | April
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY MONTH - APRIL
NATIONAL INTERNSHIP AWARENESS MONTH | APRIL
MONTH OF THE MILITARY CHILD - APRIL
NATIONAL DONATE LIFE AWARENESS MONTH - APRIL
NATIONAL FAIR HOUSING MONTH - APRIL
NATIONAL CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION MONTH - APRIL
NATIONAL CANNABIS AWARENESS MONTH | APRIL
NATIONAL SAFE DIGGING MONTH | APRIL
National Welding Month - April
National Pecan Month - April
NATIONAL POETRY MONTH - April
STRAW HAT MONTH - April
NATIONAL SOY FOODS MONTH - April
NATIONAL SOFT PRETZEL MONTH - April
NATIONAL JAZZ APPRECIATION MONTH | April
NATIONAL INVENTORS MONTH | April
NATIONAL HUMOR MONTH - April
NATIONAL GARDEN MONTH - April
NATIONAL FRESH CELERY MONTH - April
NATIONAL DECORATING MONTH | April
NATIONAL COUPLE APPRECIATION MONTH - April
SEXUAL ASSAULT AWARENESS MONTH - April
STRESS AWARENESS MONTH - April
RECORDS AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT MONTH - April
NATIONAL LAWN AND GARDEN MONTH - April
KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL MONTH - April
INTERNATIONAL GUITAR MONTH - April
NATIONAL AUTISM AWARENESS MONTH- April

National April Weeks

NATIONAL INTEGRATED RESPIRATORY CARE WEEK | Week of April 7

ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONALS WEEK - Last Full Week In April
SKY AWARENESS WEEK - Last Full Week in April
NATIONAL PRINCESS WEEK - Last Full Week in April
MEDICAL LABORATORY PROFESSIONALS WEEK - Last Full Week in April
NATIONAL WINDOW SAFETY WEEK - First Full Week In April
NATIONAL PUBLIC HEALTH WEEK - First Full Week in April
WORLD MUSIC THERAPY WEEK | APRIL 10-15
NATIONAL STUDENT EMPLOYMENT WEEK - Second Full Week in April
PAN AMERICAN WEEK - Week of April 14
NATIONAL ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER APPRECIATION WEEK - Second Full Week In April
NATIONAL PET ID WEEK - Begins April 17
EVERY KID HEALTHY WEEK - Last Week In April
NATIONAL COIN WEEK - Third Week in April
GATHERING OF NATIONS - Fourth Weekend in April
PRESERVATION WEEK - Last Week in April
NATIONAL INFANT IMMUNIZATION WEEK - Last Week in April
NEURODIAGNOSTIC WEEK - Third Week in April
ORAL, HEAD AND NECK CANCER WEEK - First Week in April
NATIONAL CANCER REGISTRARS WEEK - Changes Annually
NATIONAL PUBLIC SAFETY TELECOMMUNICATOR WEEK - Second Week in April
NATIONAL WORK ZONE AWARENESS WEEK - Changes Annually
NATIONAL CRIME VICTIMS RIGHTS WEEK - Changes Annually
INTERNATIONAL POOPER SCOOPER WEEK - First Week in April
NATIONAL WILDLIFE WEEK - Changes Annually
NATIONAL LIBRARY WEEK - Generally the 2nd Week in April
NATIONAL VOLUNTEER WEEK - April Changes Annually

National April Days

NATIONAL TOM FOOLERYS DAY | April 1
NATIONAL SOURDOUGH BREAD DAY - April 1
NATIONAL ONE CENT DAY - April 1
APRIL FOOLS' DAY - April 1

NATIONAL DIY DAY | April 2
SAAM DAY OF ACTION | First Tuesday in April
NATIONAL FERRET DAY - April 2
NATIONAL PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY DAY - April 2
NATIONAL RECONCILIATION DAY - April 2

NATIONAL FILM SCORE DAY | April 3
CHILDHELP NATIONAL DAY OF HOPE | First Wednesday in April
NATIONAL CHOCOLATE MOUSSE DAY - April 3
NATIONAL TWEED DAY - April 3
NATIONAL WALKING DAY - First Wednesday in April

NATIONAL VITAMIN C DAY | April 4
JEEP 4X4 DAY | April 4
NATIONAL SCHOOL LIBRARIAN DAY - April 4
NATIONAL HUG A NEWSPERSON DAY - April 4
NATIONAL WALK AROUND THINGS DAY - April 4

Goofyernmost

I hit 6000 not too long ago. But mine's a 2024 GMC Terrain.
I happened to glance down at mine on Tuesday as it turned 44,000. I have a 2019 Jetta R-line. Love that car. Not as much as my Cadillac but my wallet loves the hell out of it. I'm retired and have owned it through all of Covid and the lock down, and made only one significant trip to Vermont (2000) miles total last September. I have to wonder when I was able to put that many miles on it. Still have 2 years left on the warrantee.

PUSH

Original Poster
I happened to glance down at mine on Tuesday as it turned 44,000. I have a 2019 Jetta R-line. Love that car. Not as much as my Cadillac but my wallet loves the hell out of it. I'm retired and have owned it through all of Covid and the lock down, and made only one significant trip to Vermont (2000) miles total last September. I have to wonder when I was able to put that many miles on it. Still have 2 years left on the warrantee.
I would have kept my old car, had a deer not run out in front of me.

I actually saw my old car outside the collision center with a for sale sign today. I sold it to them and got a decent chunk of money out of it. They were going to fix it up and resell it.

SteveBrickNJ

I would have kept my old car, had a deer not run out in front of me.

I actually saw my old car outside the collision center with a for sale sign today. I sold it to them and got a decent chunk of money out of it. They were going to fix it up and resell it.
Almost a win - win?
A happy ending of sorts?

Goofyernmost

For the situation, it went down almost perfectly. By the time I got the insurance money and the money I sold it to the collision center for, I got about what it was worth before the accident. I did really like my old car, though. I like my new one, too. The downfall is I have a car payment again.
I have found, in my tediously long life (so far), that eventually unless you are born rich the likelihood of lifetime car payments is something we just learned to accept. My Deville was the only car that I had paid off and was gloriously without any car payments for about 6 years, but it was replaced with $10K worth of repair bills. Sometimes you just can't win. Sounds like you got a happy set of coincidences with your deer problem though. I've often wrestled with the thoughts of getting a new one more often and pretty much riding out the warrantees then switching or just taking a chance.

My first "new" car was a 1970 Buick Skylark that I bought upon my return from Vietnam. Sort of an I earned it gift to myself. Back then to get any car to last over 100K in mileage was something special. I got it to 140K before it started to lose its dependability. In those early years of married adulting things were tight so the debt ended up being rolled over into other projects. I was technically still paying for it after all those years. I had it when I met and married my wife, brought home both my children in it and then, since we lived in a more rural area felt the need to trade it for a newer "used" Buick Skylark. That one wasn't nearly as good. The old one still ran fairly well but the winters and salty roads were taking it's toll. Cars are so much better now and the bodies are sealed against the bulk of the winter damage. These days anyone whose car isn't still like new at 150K isn't really trying or were attacked by trees or a deer.

Last edited:

PUSH

Original Poster
I have found, in my tediously long life (so far), that eventually unless you are born rich the likelihood of lifetime car payments is something we just learned to accept. My Deville was the only car that I had paid off and was gloriously without any car payments for about 6 years, but it was replaced with $10K worth of repair bills. Sometimes you just can't win. Sounds like you got a happy set of coincidences with your deer problem though. I've often wrestled with the thoughts of getting a new one more often and pretty much riding out the warrantees then switching or just taking a chance.

My first "new" car was a 1970 Buick Skylark that I bought upon my return from Vietnam. Sort of an I earned it gift to myself. Back then to get any car to last over 100K in mileage was something special. I got it to 140K before it started to lose its dependability. In those early years of married adulting things were tight so the debt ended up being rolled over into other projects. I was technically still paying for it after all those years. I had it when I met my wife, brought home both my children in it and then, since we lived in a more rural area felt the need to trade it for a newer "used" Buick Skylark. That one wasn't nearly as good. The old one still ran fairly well but the winters and salty roads were taking it's toll. Cars are so much better now and the bodies are sealed against the bulk of the winter damage. These days anyone whose car isn't still like new at 150K isn't really trying or were attacked by trees or a deer.
I was probably going to keep mine for at least a couple more years, but it's nice to have a car with AWD for the winters now. That was the one thing I wanted on a new car, since I commute every day. Heated seats and a heated steering wheel are also a huge plus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom