Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

PUSH

Original Poster
I took Holly to the groomer's today. She goes every three months - roughly the beginning of June, September, December, and March.

I've often wondered just how many more haircuts she has left in her, but I can't shake the feeling that this one may be her last.

Boy, oh boy, would I love to be wrong.
Hope that's not true. It's been around five weeks since we had to put our dog down, and it feels like a lifetime.

PUSH

Original Poster
Oh dear, my condolences. When we put our last dog down, it affected me so much that it took me close to a year to completely get over the loss. We all grieve in our own way, and my heart goes out to you.
Thank you. It was hard, and I still think about her all the time, but it was the best thing for her. If we had waited any longer she would have started to suffer since she had a large tumor that was stopping her from digesting food.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, you know how you can live in an area and be oblivious to what is around you (for years? :hilarious: ).

The re-dedication of the historical cemetery this morning, was more than what I had anticipated. Turns out it's been there since 1646, and most of the stones are worn and difficult to read. The placing of the stones did not follow any pattern or straight lines--I guess back then, that's how they did it--cemeteries were often just open fields (no roads, paths, etc.).

Found the stone engravings interesting--everything from angel wings to the more popular, skull and crossbones. Memento Mori and Fugit Hora were carved on many of them.

There were soldiers' graves from the Revolutionary War, Philips War, and some other obscure battles, way back when (most I've never heard of).

Lastly, the cemetery commission ("CC") hired a company that had ground penetrating radar. Long story short, from this radar (a noninvasive approach), they discovered 206 additional burials in the cemetery, that did not have a marker. (Earliest founders of the area often did not have headstones.) So out of respect for the unmarked graves, the CC put 206 small white flags on the spots--a nice tribute.

NYwdwfan

You're very correct. It is indeed a Titanic replica, and to give you an idea of how big the replica is, that's my car parked way up front near the gift shop.

A few more shots of the exterior:

Giant iceberg in 3....2....1...

(I would tell you what happens to the ship after it's iceberg encounter, but that might ruin the ending of the movie.)

A few shots looking into the queue area before entering the ship. (Interestingly enough, when you visit after hours in the dead of night, there is hardly any line).

Is the inside of the ship recreated as well?

Tick Tock

Is the inside of the ship recreated as well?
Oh yeah, it is amazing on the inside. They don't allow pictures inside (which really wouldn't do it justice anyway, as it's better in person). You explore everything from the ballroom, upper class corridors, the captain's quarters, the flooded lower areas (As it's flooding...it looks real). One area feels like you're on the top deck at night. Pretty much every part of the actual ship, and probably the closest thing you can get to the real deal. They give you cards before entering of a person you represent who was on the ship. At the exit you find out if you were one of the lucky survivors, or if you perished at sea. A lot of history, and a lot of movie tie-in's. I've gone 4 times (But have never been a survivor :().

There's another one just like this one out in Branson, MO.

NYwdwfan

Oh yeah, it is amazing on the inside. They don't allow pictures inside (which really wouldn't do it justice anyway, as it's better in person). You explore everything from the ballroom, upper class corridors, the captain's quarters, the flooded lower areas (As it's flooding...it looks real). One area feels like you're on the top deck at night. Pretty much every part of the actual ship, and probably the closest thing you can get to the real deal. They give you cards before entering of a person you represent who was on the ship. At the exit you find out if you were one of the lucky survivors, or if you perished at sea. A lot of history, and a lot of movie tie-in's. I've gone 4 times (But have never been a survivor :().

That's pretty neat!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
You're very correct. It is indeed a Titanic replica, and to give you an idea of how big the replica is, that's my car parked way up front near the gift shop.

A few more shots of the exterior:

Giant iceberg in 3....2....1...

(I would tell you what happens to the ship after it's iceberg encounter, but that might ruin the ending of the movie.)

A few shots looking into the queue area before entering the ship. (Interestingly enough, when you visit after hours in the dead of night, there is hardly any line).

That is so cool! I knew there were a few of these around, but had no idea there was one in Gotham City!

Goofyernmost

Sorry, I must have missed a post or two, but, if you don't mind my asking, where is that one located?

It would be interesting to see, but, mostly I want to keep a clear path between it and @JenniferS. I don't want to be in her way as she heads toward it.

Mike S

Sounds like that episode of Rick and Morty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom