Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Lucky

Okay who slowed down all the clocks in my office while I was at lunch?
_circ_zps50zrxcdq.gif

TLtron

Sharknadou 1867 - this time, it's Canadian.
MLB legendary pitcher, Cy Young was born in that year. I wonder if his birth will somehow be referenced in the film. The heroes could defeat the Sharknado by exposing it to yellow fever down in New Orle....wait, did you mean the 1867th Sharknado movie, or Sharknado in the year 1867? I may have misinterpreted.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
National Tapioca Day

Disclaimer: the following food tidbit is not very exciting, but I just recalled reading this, some years ago:

Lyndon Baines Johnson, 36th President of the United States, loved tapioca. He was known to raid the White House kitchen refrigerator for a midnight snack, and he usually chose tapioca.

(Hope you enjoyed your combined history/tapioca lesson here tonight. :p )

NYwdwfan

Disclaimer: the following food tidbit is not very exciting, but I just recalled reading this, some years ago:

Lyndon Baines Johnson, 36th President of the United States, loved tapioca. He was known to raid the White House kitchen refrigerator for a midnight snack, and he usually chose tapioca.

(Hope you enjoyed your combined history/tapioca lesson here tonight. :p )
I usually get my dose of history in Liberty Square. Suddenly I'm craving a funnel-cake.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
DH is a fan of tapioca - me, not so much.

I love tapioca, but don't have it often. (Sometimes it's available in the cafeteria at work, and I make a bee-line for it! :hungry: )

Funny thing is, (and maybe it was from our Irish heritage), that both my grandmother and my mother had this "thing" about dessert, having to be some sort of pudding. o_O They'd make rice pudding, bread pudding, tapioca pudding, and butterscotch pudding. (On occasion, if they were so radically inclined, they'd deviate from the plan and make either Jello or Junket.) No matter what, you always needed a spoon for "dessert" at our house. ;) :happy:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I love tapioca, but don't have it often. (Sometimes it's available in the cafeteria at work, and I make a bee-line for it! :hungry: )

Funny thing is, (and maybe it was from our Irish heritage), that both my grandmother and my mother had this "thing" about dessert, having to be some sort of pudding. o_O They'd make rice pudding, bread pudding, tapioca pudding, and butterscotch pudding. (On occasion, if they were so radically inclined, they'd deviate from the plan and make either Jello or Junket.) No matter what, you always needed a spoon for "dessert" at our house. ;) :happy:
Butterscotch pudding...yum

Now what exactly is the difference in junket and, lets say, a vanilla pudding?

Nemo14

I've seen it on store shelves, and I think we may have had it once or twice as kids. We,too, generally had pudding (or jello) for desserts back in the day. Cake was for birthdays, and cookies were for holidays.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I've seen it on store shelves, and I think we may have had it once or twice as kids. We,too, generally had pudding (or jello) for desserts back in the day. Cake was for birthdays, and cookies were for holidays.

Ha! I think we grew up in the same neighborhood! (Although for birthdays, we got cake AND Ice cream!) :happy:

When I was a teenager, I was a volunteer (in the summer) at the local hospital. We'd bring food trays to the patients and also check the small refrigerators on the medical units, to make sure that they were stocked with snacks. Since some of the patients were ill and could barely eat, we'd always stock bottles of ginger ale, apple juice, and small dessert dishes of Junket, Jello, and pudding. If the patients could start to eat a little solid food, the nurses would tell us to bring them Junket, because Junket had milk in it; and they'd get a little nutrition, (versus Jello, which is basically water and sugar).

Goofyernmost

I like tapioca pudding...I just have no idea what the heck those beads are.
Sometimes it is better to not know about some things. Tapioca is one of my favorites and I would have it all the time if it didn't take so long to make. Standing there stirring the pot for a half hour requires a great deal of desire to have something. So probably about twice a year I have it here at home. There is a buffet here in the area that has it on the dessert bar, but, it is the canned kind, more vanilla pudding then tapioca. I have it anyway and mix some fruit in with it.

EDIT: If you really want to be freaked out have some "fisheye" tapioca pudding. You can probably figure out what that looks like just by the name. Very good though. I only had it once when my MIL made it. She was Irish so I just figured that was it's place of origin.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom