Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Hats Off to Dr Seuss was really good. I love all the real hats and the statues from his collection were wonderful too. The prints Sale were quality but most were $3000-$10,000. My DD and I picked out several we would love to own but ouch! Seuss never sold his paintings other than a couple tied to charity and generally these never leave Mrs. Seuss' home. They also had a wall of Seuss characters with their 3D heads mounted on wood, like a hunted deer, they were hilariously silly. My favorite part. If I had a spare $6000, 2 would have gone home with me.
IMG_0422.jpg
9553091.jpg
fuzzle_deer_by_thebiscuitboy-d41lbws.jpg

The hat he is wearing was in the case and the Cats hat.
4402102_orig.jpg

4367133.jpg
6373079_orig.jpg

The event was smaller than I thought but I highly recommend it if it comes to a town near you if you are a Seuss fan. Unlike the Walt Disney exhibit earlier this year the Seuss one was FREE! But in the interest of full disclosure...Seuss had a thing for painting unclothed large ladies as characters in the same paintings as the typical character included paintings in one section (middle) of the collection. They are whimsical but a surprise. So it went from the cute 3D heads on the wall to that ....

Gabe1

Then we went to American Doll and some other cool stores in WaterTower Place, lunch at Cheesecake Factory and had the awesome jambalaya noodle dish that was large enough to feed a family. Wish I could have brought it home with me.
th

DD had cheesecake ate about half and it had piles of fresh whipped cream, I couldn't stuff any in. :( Walked past the Apple Store with lines out the door and around the corner for a new shipment of the iPhones. :rolleyes:
And off to the Mega Disney Store on the Mag Mile. They had every single Disney Princess dress and accessories. Both my DD and I noted the material is getting a bit too cheap for expensive little costumes. Some are almost transparent, not good. Not much big people stuff now as it is all about Halloween. Last stop before heading back to Union Station was of course Garrett popcorn, cheese and caramel as usual, gallon size. :hungry: image.jpg

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
So, I walk into Future Shop and say to the guy, "I currently own an iPhone 5 with one year left on my contract. Talk me into buying an iPhone 6. And by the way, it shouldn't be that hard".

Unfortunately, they didn't have what I wanted in stock, so I had to put down a deposit and get added to the "pre-order" list.
I will be the proud new owner of an iPhone 6 Plus, 16 GB, white/silver back, in approximately 1 - 3 weeks.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Then we went to American Doll and some other cool stores in WaterTower Place, lunch at Cheesecake Factory and had the awesome jambalaya noodle dish that was large enough to feed a family. Wish I could have brought it home with me.
th

DD had cheesecake ate about half and it had piles of fresh whipped cream, I couldn't stuff any in. :( Walked past the Apple Store with lines out the door and around the corner for a new shipment of the iPhones. :rolleyes:
And off to the Mega Disney Store on the Mag Mile. They had every single Disney Princess dress and accessories. Both my DD and I noted the material is getting a bit too cheap for expensive little costumes. Some are almost transparent, not good. Not much big people stuff now as it is all about Halloween. Last stop before heading back to Union Station was of course Garrett popcorn, cheese and caramel as usual, gallon size. :hungry: View attachment 66681
Well darn. I gave you a "like" BEFORE you added the photos.
Now I want to take it back, and give you a "love". For the popcorn, alone!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Hats Off to Dr Seuss was really good. I love all the real hats and the statues from his collection were wonderful too. The prints Sale were quality but most were $3000-$10,000. My DD and I picked out several we would love to own but ouch! Seuss never sold his paintings other than a couple tied to charity and generally these never leave Mrs. Seuss' home. They also had a wall of Seuss characters with their 3D heads mounted on wood, like a hunted deer, they were hilariously silly. My favorite part. If I had a spare $6000, 2 would have gone home with me.
IMG_0422.jpg
9553091.jpg
fuzzle_deer_by_thebiscuitboy-d41lbws.jpg

The hat he is wearing was in the case and the Cats hat.
4402102_orig.jpg

4367133.jpg
6373079_orig.jpg

The event was smaller than I thought but I highly recommend it if it comes to a town near you if you are a Seuss fan. Unlike the Walt Disney exhibit earlier this year the Seuss one was FREE! But in the interest of full disclosure...Seuss had a thing for painting unclothed large ladies as characters in the same paintings as the typical character included paintings in one section (middle) of the collection. They are whimsical but a surprise. So it went from the cute 3D heads on the wall to that ....
Go, Dog. Go!
"Do you like my hat?"

Gabe1

Well, good or bad, it's a great thing when people can adopt that attitude and, even unhappily, help others that are obviously in need of help. Where would we be without these folks. It's takes the right temperament and a cast iron resolve to deal with situations like that on a daily basis. It's not for everyone, for sure, but it's great that there are some that can cope with it for an extended period of time. My hat's off to them.

I agree with the sentiment but I obviously took @Soarin' Over Pgh recap post and description much differently than you did. It didn't seem as if that group of employees cared about the patients or their co-workers. My hat doesn't go off to these ex coworkers of hers.

Gabe1

This is the 74th National Dog Week; this tradition began back in 1928 by Captain Will Judy, a notable dog show judge and former publisher of Dog World Magazine. The purpose is to educate dog owners about their responsibilities to their dogs and communities, and to foster care and protection of unwanted or lost dogs.

I just carefully explained all the above to my dog, Jack. He could care less. He's just fixated on my open bag of parmesan, garlic and herb pita chips. :hilarious:

*High 5* Jack! *Woof*

Gabe1

FINALLY, there are some fun, themed items in the gift shops! After a good 10 years of lackluster merchandise they're actually starting (slowly) to wise up and make things that the guests really want! :joyfull:

Some of themed Haunted House merchandise that will eventually go into the new HM Gift Shop/memory maker shoppe has started to arrive at WDW. It will be going into DTD until the shoppe is ready. Hopefully @JenniferS will take me some photo's while she is shopping in a few more weeks. :)

Gabe1

Thank you!

If absolutely positively nothing else, a friend who is a manager at a fast food/coffee shop said he will bring me on, but it's really a last resort for me. It's better than nothing, for sure, but I just don't know. The hrs are very early, the pay is very little, I'll barely be able to pay my rent but at least I can pay the rent. Maybe. In the meantime I'm going to keep applying and hoping and praying something pulls through immediately. The temp job really screwed me over, the wound is too fresh to talk about right now.

{{{HUGS}}}

Gabe1

Since this technosaurus still has a 4s, I'm not too concerned about any of this...yet. ;) :)

I have a 5 that is just shy of a year old. No stress warping and I sit upon it a good 16 hours a day.

I also wondered about the popping text words for upgrade 8. My DH upgraded his and yep, we will get that with the upgrade. *happy camper* I love this feature on my tablet, glad Apple snarf'd up this idea.

Gabe1

So, I walk into Future Shop and say to the guy, "I currently own an iPhone 5 with one year left on my contract. Talk me into buying an iPhone 6. And by the way, it shouldn't be that hard".

Unfortunately, they didn't have what I wanted in stock, so I had to put down a deposit and get added to the "pre-order" list.
I will be the proud new owner of an iPhone 6 Plus, 16 GB, white/silver back, in approximately 1 - 3 weeks.

Congrat's. Now start shopping for a case!

Cesar R M

You think I should take this opportunity to get political and pass out fliers urging Puerto Rico to vote for statehood in the next election? FYI, after the last election, where statehood won a non-binding vote, the U.S. is sponsoring a binding vote that will go to Congress this time, if statehood wins again. I want them to become a state because they deserve full rights as American citizens. Also, their economy will be better because of it because companies would treat it without prejudice like any other U.S. state. I really care about this issue and statehood for PR is not only better for them but our entire nation will be better off because of this choice! Or I could just spend my time there on the beach and in the night clubs and not get myself involved in politics over there...
Big corporations might try to block this, specially those with ship interests (cruise ships with flags to dodge taxes for example)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom