Where in the World do they have Ginger?

disneypearl

Original Poster
Sometimes I have problems with motion sickness while riding some of the rides. I have tried taking ginger supplements and that seems to help. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a place to buy ginger ale or ginger cookies at the resorts (I'll be staying at POP) or the parks. I never really paid attention before. The only place I remember having ginger ale is at Club Cool in Epcot.

Also, I will be at WDW January 1st -10th. I remember watching a Travel Channel special about Christmas and Holidays at WDW. I can't remember the name although I am sure I copied it on DVD somewhere. It showed the Grand Floridian with a huge gingerbread house and they sold mini gingerbread houses at a little shop there. Do you know if they still do this and how long into January they would be selling them?

Thanks! (Any other motion sickness tips would be appreciated) :)

H20Babie

Any of the bake shops (Main Street in MK, Kusafiri Coffeein AK, Writer's Stop in DHS and any number of bakeries in Epcot's WS) should carry ginger cookies. If you want the REAL ginger cookies, try the tea shop (name escapes me) in the UK pavilion.

yankspy

That big store in Japan would probably have a lot of ginger based products as well. China might be a good place to look also.

MissM

Just take some ginger pills with you to have on hand in the parks as needed. I always carry some around with me in my purse.

tigsmom

Buy the ginger capsules at home, bring them with you and take them throughout your stay. There is very little ginger in ginger ale or cookies.
In order for it to work you need to keep a constant level in your system so start before you arrive.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The amount of ginger contained in ginger ale and ginger snaps is typically far to low to give you the same motion sickness alleviating effect as ginger pills. You would need to eat roughly 4 to 6 dozen ginger snaps (providing they contain ginger at all and are not artificially flavored) to get the same amount of ginger you would get in one ginger pill. About the only food that comes to mind that contains a good amount of ginger are the Meltzer's Ginger pure mints. From my understanding the Altoid equivalent does not contain much ginger. You can pick up ginger supplements at any health food store, Walgreen's, CVS, and even some Wal-Marts.

disneypearl

Original Poster
Thanks for so many responses! You have saved me from trying to get my ginger the wrong way. I will start to take ginger capsules a few weeks before my trip and stay with it until after my vacation is over. Thanks Tigsmom for reminding me to keep a constant level in my system. I forgot about that. Also, Master Yoda, thanks for telling me how many ginger snaps I would have to eat to equal one pill. That made me laugh because I really do not want to have to eat 4 to 6 dozen! That would leave me sicker than if I had motion sickness, and more importantly leave no room for delicious WDW food. :slurp:
Thanks again for the help!

Senderella

Rather than trying to find ginger in the parks during your "time of need" try finding ginger altoids before your trip. I use ginger altoids to keep me from feeling :hurl: all the time and they work GREAT. There's only one store locally where I can find them and that's the foofoo liquor store here in town. It may take some real searching for you, but they're awesome. Sour lemon stuff works well too btw but I've found the ginger works better. Sour lemon in a pinch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom