Where do you watch Illuminations from?

TB4244

Original Poster
It's probably been asked before but seeing as I'm new to the forum I thought I'd start a thread :)

With all the discussion about the laser upgrades to RoE today, it got me thinking about the show and where in World Showcase you all like to watch from.

We took the Undiscovered Futureworld tour on our last trip so we had the pleasure of watching from the reserved area in Italy which is probably the best view I've ever had.

So where's your favourite spot?

AndyS2992

Japan from the balcony above Mitsukoshi that surrounds Tepen Edo. I don't think you are supposed to stand there since it blocks the diners view from watching the show through the windows but no one has ever told us or others to move.

TB4244

Original Poster
Japan from the balcony above Mitsukoshi that surrounds Tepen Edo. I don't think you are supposed to stand there since it blocks the diners view from watching the show through the windows but no one has ever told us or others to move.
Thats what I thought, we're dining there this time so it might be an opportunity to try a new spot.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I tried Rose and crown last trip to Epcot in April, Good spot. I usually go where the FP+ people are, but i don't want to waste a FP for it. I would love to try Canada-France again.

The Tuna

I usually watch from Canada or the UK or even right near the port of entry, easier to get to the buses during the mad rush. Generally we just stop where we are and watch. The nicest was on the bridge from France to the UK after getting engaged earlier that day.

mf1972

usually between Mexico. nice view of the countries when they light up during the show. good viewing between Mexico & Norway as well.

TB4244

Original Poster
Watching from the UK is getting a lot of love here.

Funnily enough it's the only place I couldn't get a cup of tea from last year. We do love our tea!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Not exactly sure why, but we always go to the mexican restaurant outside of the mexico pavilion an hour before, get a seat next to the lake, and then we eat till the fireworks start. We've done this since I was a little kid. Not sure why. Maybe because my parents didn't want to stand. :p

CP_alum08

Am I right in thinking you can watch from the upper floor at Teppan Edo?
Yes, and it's a great spot! I usually watch from there or the upper part of Canada.

The only issue with the Japan balcony is it's pretty small and fills up fast so unless you're there on a slow night or want to 'camp' for a while you're usually out of luck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom