When will the Indiana Jones Stunt Show finally end?

elabron

You have to also think of the other uses for the stage, doesn't Disney still use this as the primary performing area for the cheerleader and dance competitions that they do?

Now, while that may not see might that big of a deal to lose this for just those performances, but where else in the park(s) would they do it. I'm sure they rake in a hefty chunk of change during these weekends...

Sorry to get in on the conversation so late.........But, couldn't the cheerleading competition be moved to the Wide World of Sports Complex? Seems like they would have more than ample facilities to host the event.
Disney would still make a crapload of cash with the competition still being on property.

Desperad07

ummm

But we all agree that nothing is going to happen anytime soon right? The movie is only a few months away and ushers in the official start of summer. So there will be Indy buzz during throughout. And that buzz will last well into a likely Winter time DVD release. I don't know how long these types of things last but I would imagine the earliest they could close down the Stunt Show to even just add elements of the new movie into it wouldn't be until late next year. Anything earlier would be downright idiotic. The attraction is popular and will only bring in more people with movie buzz.

And i don't think they could have planned it ahead of time. The movie only became official about a year ago. But at that point, sets had to be built, actors cast, and the entire thing shot. These are things that happened late into 2007. Disney wasn't going to just pick up elements out of a script 18 months ago. They would have needed to use actual visuals from the movie and by the time that was available, it would have been too late.

coilback

Well, I work at Indy / Sounds Dangerous (Epic crew does both) and can give you a bit of insight.

First, Epic (stunt show) isn't going anywhere or changing anything anytime soon. Like a lot of people said, why would you ? We generally fill the place up almost every show except for maybe the last one, even on days where the park is slow. They are still running only 5 shows (with the exception of high park load weeks and/or EMH). It would be silly to sink money into an attraction that is obviously popular and that many people enjoy. The funny thing on this board is that everyone starts complaining about wanting stuff changed and when Disney finally DOES change it, they complain about how they wish they would've left it alone. It would cost a LOT of money to create new sets, FX and sequences and I really don't think it would be smart to have people irritated for the 12 or 18 month process it would most likely take to do. Also, the pavillion is constantly used for after hours conventions and competitions, so don't expect anything but a theater to ever sit there. It's pretty much the "go to" location at DHS and has a very convenient location in regards to backstage access as well (how easy it is to load stuff in from the parking lot or special event stuff).

As for Sounds Dangerous, the running rumor around here is that it is on the chopping block. Maintenance several times has told us, "well you won't have too much longer to worry about it..." when we've called in issues with the attraction. No one really likes it. A couple of us try to make it entertaining with our spiels (I've gotten compliments several times that I was more entertaining than the attraction, which I guess isn't hard to do). Rumor has it, they are going to do something with it shortly after AI is finished. They are tearing up all kinds of stuff backstage right now (half the stuff in our breakroom doesn't work). The Hollywood Hideaway is now going away as well. They've been working on it the past few weeks. They tell us it's going to have some connection with AI, but won't tell us what.

coilback

I should add with Epic, we do get a LOT of repeat guests coming to see it. And despite complaints about the same old gags, etc...the crowd still laughs and gets excited on the same parts. It's still entertaining to me and I have to watch it multiple times everyday. I'm all for the ride coming here too, but it's so similar to Dinosaur that it would probably need to be something completely different.

Jasonflz

I don't think the area the stunt show is in would be able to house the attraction unless they got rid of sounds dangerous and the rest of the building and built a new path. They could always get rid of Jungle Cruise or the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse in Adventureland to make way for it but that is highly unlikely considering budget and whatnot. It would also be a shame to see Jungle Cruise go. As for the number of guests at the current stunt show, I doubt that it would really matter because if an Indy ride like the one in DL is built there will be hundreds of guests swarming in to ride it. DHS does need to focuse on the Pixar area now though. They could always build a Temple of Peril there.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
First, Epic (stunt show) isn't going anywhere or changing anything anytime soon. Like a lot of people said, why would you ? We generally fill the place up .

Isnt that down to the lack of other attractions rather than the popularity of the show. As a repeat visitor, I have no desire to watch either of the stunt shows every trip.

LMA is better in Paris, but both would be massively improved if the faux movie making was removed.

Indy is just plain old. The cast look as bored as the storyline.

Bring back he street stunt show

TakeMeThere81

I hope they don't get rid of the Indy stunt show. My family and I missed it last time we went because there are so many things going on at DHS that you almost inevitably miss something (unless you are sprinting across the park). I love the Indy ride at DL but I think it would take away from Dinosaur since it is pretty much the same concept, just different theme. Sure they've got Dumbo and the Carpets of Aladdin, but Dinosaur is a headliner and so is Indy(DL), I doubt they'd have two rides so similar. I think the imagineers are creative enough to come up with something awesome very soon! I mean, Everest is awesome, so I look forward to seeing what they'll come up with in the future!

jonnyc

I don't see why we can't have both the Stunt Show and a new Indy ride.

*Waits for someone to own me with geographical/spacial reasons :p*

DABIGCHEEZ

Isnt that down to the lack of other attractions rather than the popularity of the show. As a repeat visitor, I have no desire to watch either of the stunt shows every trip.

LMA is better in Paris, but both would be massively improved if the faux movie making was removed.

Got to agree with you here.... We last saw the full Indy show probably 6 years ago. My son wanted to see it again 2 years ago and he and I did grab a seat. After the first set he said it was boring and he wanted to leave......don't have to tell me twice... we were out of there. Also the LMA show we have seen the last 2 years and after the first year, I did not need to see it again. My son wanted to last year so we did, but my son(9) said that he likes it but we can skip it this year. Works for me as the bleachers are torture in Aug.

And I will add the BatB show has been skipped for about the past 4 years. I think the shows should be changed every 4-5 years max.

BillsFanGabe

I hope that the Indy show does not leave the Studios. I am a huge Indiana Jones fan, and it would sadden me if they did remove it. It's like one of my favorite shows that I look forward to seeing while im at WDW, it's also one of the best stunt shows around with lights, motor action.

coilback

Not at all. Backlot Tour doesn't get much traffic and you could easily say, "why don't people go to that for lack of something better."

Like it or not, (when I worked there) there were 1000's of happy people everyday who loved seeing the show (including several repeat vistors) as well as people who have never seen it (which is usually the majority). Problem is, some of the regulars have a hard time remembering that the bulk of people who go to Disney don't do it that often and so it's all still "new" to them.

The numbers speak for themselves. If other attractions come up and the numbers go down, THEN Disney would consider it, but come on, anyone with any business sense would tell you, WHY would you take down something that stays near capacity in order to make another ride that would probably just hold the same amount of traffic ? You've just blown a huge budget for nothing. Now, say, something like Backlot Tour that isn't what it used to be and doesn't get a ton of traffic, THAT would somewhere that you could try and make better use of the land. There's no logical reason for spending millions of dollars to remove and build something new over something that is doing well.

Jasonflz

That stinks that the Backlot Tour is not getting as much credit as it should. They should update it considering Armageddon and Pearl Harbor came out more than 10 years ago. It is a great ride but it should at least be expanded and made more like the Universal backlot tour where you ride into a movie set like Earthquake or Jaws. Catostrophe Canyon just doesn't cut it. It also surprises me how the Indy ride can fit in this space. Now, what to do with Sounds Dangerous.:drevil:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Problem is, some of the regulars have a hard time remembering that the bulk of people who go to Disney don't do it that often and so it's all still "new" to them.

The numbers speak for themselves. If other attractions come up and the numbers go down, THEN Disney would consider it,

I have no problem remembering that people dont go regularly, thats why I made my post.

You say, it popular , and now mention that its new to them. Thats my point, theres so few options at the Studios that guests wil try everything, even a back lot tour of a studio that isnt really a studio.

The way Disney has marketed and priced its tickets will have an effect too, keeping people on site.

As for getting rid of popular attractions, Its not something Disney has baulked at in the past, look at the discussions on this site, Toad anyone?

However, I just dont see the value/need for two stunt shows, when a viable alternative exists, that doesnt require millions in development, and would still function in inclement weather

hemloc

The only thing wrong with the Indy stunt show is that he wears the wrong colored trousers!! That's right! I said it!! He has the wrong pants!!! Somebody had to speak the truth about this hideous secret!!

I think they should update it (as in take everything out of the show) and put in new scenes from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. But with exception of the cgi laden stuff I wonder if they can pull some of the newer scenes off.

Harry456

personally, i am tired/bored the of the Indy stunt show after only seeing it twice in my lifetime. Of course, the people are right about the newcomers are going love the Indy Stunt show. I just wished they change it around more often (i know this is probably hard and expensive to do)

I heard people saying changing the Indy Stunt show to the Indy ride in Disneyland and i say "*sign* another dark ride?". (I should say i am not a fan of the Dinosaur ride in Animal Kingdom. So i am a little bias.) How about the Indy roller coaster in Disneyland, Paris? :drevil: (also note: i have not ridden any Indy rides yet. so take it as such) of course, we might have problems finding where to put it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom