When was your first visit to Disney World?

foreverbelle

The summer of 1989, I had just turned 9. I stayed in some tiny hotel in Kissimiee and all I remember was thinking how this was the greatest place on Earth...well that and the drive when we discovered, I get car sick....

rsoxguy

Grad Night.
Strangely enough, I did not plan on going. A girl who showed an "interest" in me had an extra ticket, and I purchased it from her. Our relationship didn't last, but my interest in WDW did.

jjnshane

My mom swears up and down that we went to Disney world when I was a baby (so 1975) but she can’t produce any photographs so I think she is crazy!
I do have very vivid memories of our trip in October of 1978 when I was 4 ½ years old.
I remember the feel of the sun and the smell of the air. I remember drinking juice from the little plastic cups shaped like oranges (and I remember not liking the taste of it!)
I remember the Tiki Room (especially the rainstorm) and meeting the Florida Orange Bird.
I remember riding Pirates of the Caribbean and my grandmother freaking out about the drop and I remember sitting on the fountain in the gift shop and listening to the sounds of the pop guns.
I remember sitting on a planter near 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea with my cousin, who was also 4 at the time, and having a long discussion (well, a long discussion for 4-year-olds) about whether or not the subs were free floating or on a track (we realized quickly they were on a track and were kind of disappointed).
I remember sitting on a planter (we sat on a lot of planters this trip – I assume to wait while someone in our party bought more tickets for rides!) outside a store in Tomorrowland and watching the statue of the Coppertone girl (and her dog) rotate at the top of a Coppertone display (and I remember being rather scandalized that the dog was pulling down the back of her bikini!)
I remember the 3 O’clock parade and all of the characters carrying balloons and I remember The Big Bad Wolf smacking my dad on the head with his balloon when my dad booed him.
I remember being so distraught that Dumbo was closed that day, because that was the one ride I wanted to go on, so to make it up to me my mom bought me a plush Dumbo (and my cousin a plush Elliot since Pete’s Dragon was his favorite movie).
And I remember crying when it was time to leave.

enchanted_belle

My first trip was also in 1993, when I was 4. And (sadly) I barely remember it at all... Outside of being upset that my aunt, who was 12 at the time, could get on Splash Mountain while I was stuck having to ride Dumbo. :lol:

graphite1326

It was back in the late 70's. I recall having a red and white Disney baseball cap. Too bad i don't have it anymore...

I also went in the late 70's. I also bought a red and white baseball cap with a mickey on the front.

I was in my early twenties. I was not impressed with WDW and swore I would never go again. Sorry. My wife and kids talked me into going again. It has changed alot since then. Now, I can't wait for my next trip.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

My first trip was in 1992. I dont remember it much but the first time I ever ate Ice Cream was at that corner place at the end of Main Street. I remember seeing Surprise in the Sky, Spectro Magic and Spaceship Earth. Spaceship Earth used to freak me out at the end when it got bumpy LOL, I remember looking up at the fiber optic stars.

sweetpee_1993

Early-ish 1976. I'm the little redheaded tike in the stroller:

02-01-2006110000PM-1.jpg

Obviously I have no memories of this trip.

Mukta

My parents took me to EPCOT for spring break in 1989. We lived near Disneyland, so we didn't visit MK, just EPCOT.
I remember the boat ride in Mexico, Spaceship Earth and eating dinner in Marrakesh.

Spike-in-Berlin

I remember the Tiki Room (especially the rainstorm) and meeting the Florida Orange Bird.

I remember that too, actually as a kid I considered the simulated thunderstorm much more interesting and terrific than the music and the AAs because I didn't become a Tiki culture fan before my teens.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
My first trip was when I was in college in 1974. I know I am showing my age. The first thing I remember is we ran up stairs and rode the train once around the park. I think it was a "B" or "C" ticket ride, but I will have to check that out.

Mickey92

Original Poster
Interesting reading all this! Thanks for posting!!

I remember when I was young and went to WDW I used to always pull Pluto's Tongue :D Haha I literally thought it was something to pull at that age :ROFLOL:

wdwfan4ver

My first trip was in July or early August 1991. I was 12 at the time.

I went thanks to my Mom won a trip with free air fare, free food, free park admission, and staying free at Yacht Club for 5 days and 4 nights for a family of 4. I had a great time and went went many times since.

SleepingMonk

Late 70's and I'm told Dad carried me on his shoulders the entire day.

I think our family has gone at least once a year ever since.

PhilharMagician

1993, I was 25, first trip to the U.S as well.

My first trip was also in 1993, when I was 4. And (sadly) I barely remember it at all... Outside of being upset that my aunt, who was 12 at the time, could get on Splash Mountain while I was stuck having to ride Dumbo. :lol:

My first trip was in 1993 @ age 25 also.

I always wanted to go when I was a kid, but we just did not have the money to go and being from upstate NY, it is not a short drive to WDW. It wasn't until my wife and I had settled into our careers that we were able to make the trip. It was another 10 years exactly until we returned.

My first trip was in 1989 when I was about a year old. My mom has this great picture of her and I on Cindy's Carousel. I look SO happy! Guess that is when my passion for all things Disney began :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom