When to link WDW tickets to Magic Bands

MissViv

Original Poster
We have our tickets (purchased from undercover tourist). We are going to Disney 1/04/17 so we do not have our magic bands yet.

I have been waiting to link the tickets to the bands for fear we might have to cancel for whatever reason and we would lose the tickets (not planning on cancelling unless there is an emergency)? We bought the 3 day refundable tickets from undercover tourist and can return them with a 5% fee if they have not be linked.

Can we wait until after we receive the magic bands in the mail and then link them a few days before we go? Or would it be hard to get the fast passes we want?

What would you do? I would like to be able to get Fast Passes.

nickys

Premium Member
We have our tickets (purchased from undercover tourist). We are going to Disney 1/04/17 so we do not have our magic bands yet.

I have been waiting to link the tickets to the bands for fear we might have to cancel for whatever reason and we would lose the tickets (not planning on cancelling unless there is an emergency)? We bought the 3 day refundable tickets from undercover tourist and can return them with a 5% fee if they have not be linked.

Can we wait until after we receive the magic bands in the mail and then link them a few days before we go? Or would it be hard to get the fast passes we want?

What would you do? I would like to be able to get Fast Passes.

You need to link your tickets to your MDE account in order to book fast passes.
I believe your bands are linked to your MDE account automatically if Disney send them. You don't physically link tickets to bands. And your tickets won't be activated until you visit a park.

So if you do have to cancel you can just keep your tickets for your re-arranged trip.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Tickets are connected to your MDE account not your actual bands. So if you cancel it does not affect anything with your tickets. Your bands just read info off of your MDE account but nothing is actually attached to them. :)

AndrewsJ

According to the Undercover Tourist terms and conditions "Additionally, if a RFID profile has been set up on any Disney tickets, they are no longer able to be returned or exchanged". So if you link them you can't return them as the OP stated. If you don't link them to an MDE account (which is what I think the OP means by linking them to Magicbands as some don't realize it's not necessarily the band but an account) then you can't make fastpass selections. Fastpasses can be very difficult to acquire for some headliner attractions. So you would need to decide what is more important to you.

MissViv

Original Poster
Thank you for those explanations.

We just found out on Thanksgiving that we will be going back to Disney in July (HOT, HOT, HOT) for a wedding at Disney. If we do not use all three days at this visit, can we use one of the days in July? These do not have to be consecutive days do they? They are 3 day tickets for one park per day.

DisneyJoe

Thank you for those explanations.

We just found out on Thanksgiving that we will be going back to Disney in July (HOT, HOT, HOT) for a wedding at Disney. If we do not use all three days at this visit, can we use one of the days in July? These do not have to be consecutive days do they? They are 3 day tickets for one park per day.
No. They don't need to be consecutive, but tickets expire 14 days from first use.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I eventually linked my AP to my magic band, but after all the work that was required (hole punching, tie wrap, etc.) I didn't find that it added any convenience. So, I'm done with that ridiculousness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom