WHEN TO GO IN MAY

imreallyaprincess

My family has been to disney about a million times but never in may.

My sister and I get out of college may 10th and we thought that week wouldn't be too crowded because grade schools are still in session

Thoughts?

diznyboyz

We are one of those southern schools. Our boys get out of school May 23 and we will probably be on the road May 24 because my youngest son has a birthday May 25! Although we have gone this same week for about four years now. There are crowds at times, but this time frame allows us to get to Disney before the rates go up (which is the next week). And to top things off, this past Monday I got a pin code in the mail for dates up to May 31st.
So be on the lookout in your mail box. I have read from several postings here that people are beginning to receive these pin codes! Hope everyone has a wonderful day....

Upvote 0

Matt_Black

We are one of those southern schools. Our boys get out of school May 23 and we will probably be on the road May 24 because my youngest son has a birthday May 25! Although we have gone this same week for about four years now. There are crowds at times, but this time frame allows us to get to Disney before the rates go up (which is the next week). And to top things off, this past Monday I got a pin code in the mail for dates up to May 31st.
So be on the lookout in your mail box. I have read from several postings here that people are beginning to receive these pin codes! Hope everyone has a wonderful day....

Nothing to do with when to go, but my birthday is May 26th, and it stinks because it usually falls somewhere on the Memorial Day weekend. I almost never do anything with my friends, because they've made plans like beaches or barbecues or other Memorial Day shenanigans. A pox on Memorial Day, says I! We've already got Veteran's Day, Memorial Day is redundant!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

May is one of our favorite times of year to go too... As many previous posters mentioned the weather and crowds are great! We are heading back May 8th to the 17th and it really can not get here soon enough!

Upvote 0

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We are going last week of May into the first week of June next year. This is the first time we go in May so looking forward to it.

We did those two weeks one year, being from N. IL our schools were still in session so I pulled them. Both weeks were great, avoided the MK on weekends and we were fine. What did surprise me is how very warm it was as May by us and early June still has some really nippy days.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

We went during Memorial Day weekend this year and between the holiday and SWW it was crazy busy. We've been the first week of May before and it was very nice. Lower crowds, not TOO hot.. Very managable and the flower and garden festival was in full bloom. That's our favorite time of year to go other than September. I would suggest unless you want to go during SWW, stay away from late May.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

We've been going in May for the last 5 years. While I think the last few years have been more crowded than the first few years we went, I still agree that it's a good time to go, and crowds are manageable. I'm so jealous of everyone getting this pin code!

Upvote 0

imreallyaprincess

Original Poster
We went during Memorial Day weekend this year and between the holiday and SWW it was crazy busy. We've been the first week of May before and it was very nice. Lower crowds, not TOO hot.. Very managable and the flower and garden festival was in full bloom. That's our favorite time of year to go other than September. I would suggest unless you want to go during SWW, stay away from late May.
thanks for the advice!

Upvote 0

imreallyaprincess

Original Poster
great info thanks!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom