When Spectromagic is replaced in WDW?

SirGoofy

All I know is, Spectro Music=Instant Goosebumps for me. I would hate to see it go. It's been the night parade every trip I've had, and it's given me some of my best memories as a CM.

Now, am I saying it shouldn't be updated? No. Because it definitely needs that.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
pb8.jpg

MSEP FTW :sohappy:

kcw

Spectro needs more than just an LED overhaul, the floats themselves would need major help. They're falling apart from just plain being old, termite damage to the wood, weathering, etc. I think that when it finally dies it will be gone for good. At one point, I heard talk of Fantillusion heading to WDW to replace it, but there were going to be some changes (downgrades) to it. Haven't heard anything about that recently though.

That being said, I do like the parade and wouldn't mind having it at DCA- only if it was refurbed completely and if it didn't replace the EP. The DEP would need to become the MSEP again, and only then would I be content having Spectro over on the west coast. I don't think they'll run both of those parades concurrently in the same resort though.

etwtec

Maybe by the 40th something will happen with Spectro. Fantillusion in my opinion would not be a improvement. WDW needs a parade similar to Tokyos Dreamlights with LEDs.

Azerin

Spectro needs more than just an LED overhaul, the floats themselves would need major help. They're falling apart from just plain being old, termite damage to the wood, weathering, etc. I think that when it finally dies it will be gone for good. At one point, I heard talk of Fantillusion heading to WDW to replace it, but there were going to be some changes (downgrades) to it. Haven't heard anything about that recently though.

That being said, I do like the parade and wouldn't mind having it at DCA- only if it was refurbed completely and if it didn't replace the EP. The DEP would need to become the MSEP again, and only then would I be content having Spectro over on the west coast. I don't think they'll run both of those parades concurrently in the same resort though.

A downgraded Fantillusion? >_< I haven't seen Fantillusion (but will this Oct for the first time :D ) but from what I have read/heard it was downgraded significantly when it moved from Toyko to DLP (lost a third or more of the floats)... and I think is currently significantely shorter than Spectro... if they downgraded it again it would probalby be half the length of Spectro >_< that would be horrible :\ Although if that means DLP got Dreamlights or something then I wouldn't complain as much (probably will be visiting DLP at least as often as WDW for the foreseeable future) but it would be a sad replacement for Spectro and Spectro would be missed greatly :(

I would echo others in saying I would rather them upgrade/update Spectro... I love Spectro but it could use some help... I would LOVE an upgrade similar to the MSEP -> Dreamlights upgrade but for Spectro... that would be insanely awesome... but somehow I doubt that will happen :\

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom