When good deals & packages typically come out???

shannay236

My family and I are planning to stay at the Grand Floridian for my graduation trip. So far we are planning for late January or the 1st week of February (supposed to be least crowded then) when we are typically sick of a long winter. Basically I just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about when good deals or packages such as the new fairytale dreamaker typically come out..also if anyone knows of any places where you can get pretty good deals on rooms (grand floridian) without extra gimmics...

shannay236

Original Poster
thank you for your help. that site really does provide a great deal of information on savings the only thing i dont get about it..is how you get the money saving codes..o well!! but thank you! if anyone else has any ideas also on how to save on the grand floridian.. just keep em coming!

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by shannay236
..is how you get the money saving codes..

The codes should be listed within the text of the site where she talks about the discount. Codes are usally 3 character like CRN or something like that. There are not a whole lot available right now.

Here is the link that takes you to the discount area of MouseSavers...

MouseSavers Discounts (WDW)

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

shannay236

Original Poster
I have another question...when is the best time to plan a trip which will be around late jan early feb.....not knowing when discounts will come out??? So just in case should i do a room only reservation so you can add on discounts if possibly?

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Ahh, you learn fast grasshopper.... :lol:

Yep, you got it exactly right. A lot of us do exactly that. Reserve the room at room only, you will be required to pay them a small fee to do this, sometimes up to the cost of one nights stay.

Then follow the boards, forums, MouseSaver, etc for the codes. When they come out, call them back with the code and you res. number, and they will re-reserve under the code, and then you can apply what you've paid to the new reservation.

This makes sure you will get the room you want, and it wont get sold out while you are waiting for codes to come out.

But NOTE the following...

Take note of when they tell you you have to pay for the room in full, and when the cancellation policies are for the room only reservation. The last this you want is to find out later that either the codes are not as good as you hoped (or no codes at all for your time period), and you get stuck in a cancelation clause that makes you loose some (or all) of your down payment.

Check out this MouseSavers page, it list when codes in the past have been released. This is by no means exact for this/next year. But is a good guide to start by.

MouseSavers Historical Codes

Hope this helps! :wave:

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

The discount for nurses (and also for teachers) is at the Swan (or Dolphin--perhaps both).

I don't think any Disney resorts offer that discount.

Also--if your dates are somewhat flexible, make sure you are going in value season. Peak season usually begins around President's Day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom