When does it all end?

Iteachwood

Original Poster
Started going to Disney for our honeymoon in 1985. I was 31 then. We have been EVERY year, sometime multiple.We have 3 kids 24,22,19..all have been to Disney every year of the lives.This august the dw and I making our 2nd visit tothe workld alone..first since honeymoon (full circle) BUT when does it end? Will it evedr end? Do I WANT it to end???....Well can't wait for aug 6th and then later start planning for 2012!!! On and On and ON!!!! Who else is in same boat?

mickeysshoes

Move on over and make room in that boat...I am pretty sure by the time we all get in it will SINK!!! You are for sure NOT alone. We have been going to WDW for 15 years now and trip #12 is only 106 days away. I have gotten to the point where I am booking the next trip before we even leave..so I never have to deal with the feeling of WHEN will we be going back. We have 2 DD (19 and 17) and cant wait for our first trip just DH and I!!! We will be celebrating 20 years this trip...so for me is wondering when will the kids stop coming with us...Me i am ready to cut the strings but it will be much harder to DH....can you say SUCKER stamp on his forhead!!!!!

Iteachwood

Original Poster
Last august I made a seperate trip down with my 20 yr old son. He had to work when rest of us went in june. I was blown away he still wanted to go and with just ME!!! we were walking down main st and he says" this never gets old" I had to literally hold back my tears. Our kids were brought up in disney for gods sake. Some kids never get to go and here they are gone every year of their lives. I can't wait for grandkids!!!!!!

rsoxguy

To clarify; it all ends when you go to a WDW park, and it takes longer to rest than it did to get tired. Until then, go. Life is a constant adventure, and having gotten married in '85 as well, I can say that the adventure continues.

mickeysshoes

Our kids got tired of the boat within 2 summers...but Dinsey, they have been 11 time and are just excited about going in August and so looking forward to staying a new resort. If DH had his way we would be at the WL every year..not that its bad...I just would like to try each one at least once!! This year is the Boardwalk!!

My Parents took me for the first time right after I turned 1. We have gone every single year since.... sometimes even two or three times a year! I am now almost 23 and still go with my mom each year. Now my fiancée and sister's boyfriend tag along as well!

My fiancée and I can't wait to have kids of our own to bring to the world each year!!!

yankspy

I have been going since 1976 when I was two. I now have a two year old who has been three times already. I have already brainwashed the boy. He loves WDW.

Iteachwood

Original Poster
By the way RSOXGUY......sox getting on right now....Beckert,Lester, Buchohlz...we are ready to get real hot...GO SOX....Rhode Islander here

rsoxguy

By the way RSOXGUY......sox getting on right now....Beckert,Lester, Buchohlz...we are ready to get real hot...GO SOX....Rhode Islander here

I love visiting your State for day trips, and I'm looking forward to a team that plays up to its potential.

PurpleDragon

I've been going almost every year since I was born. I have kids of my own and I take them almost every year myself, so I'd say it never ends, it even spans generations. :animwink:

Walt Disney1955

If I have my way..........never.

Look at my signature and you can see I certainly don't get tired of it even as a 30 year old man. In 2009 I went with my wife (her first time) and it had been 7 years since I had been. I adored the parks growing up and the first thing I told myself was:

"Look, don't get upset if the parks just don't have that same feel anymore, you're 29 years old now and maybe you've changed."

haha, our first day we went to MK and those old feelings came back. I could barely stand still waiting for the monorail to come and pick us up. Here I am this big football player-sized man just dying to walk down Main Street again. People at work occasionally bug me about loving WDW so much but it doesn't faze me at all.

So to answer the original poster, all I can say is that I hope I am never too proud of a person to openly enjoy WDW. I have a feeling that even if I am elderly and have a hard time walking that I'd force myself to go there

Susan Savia

I don't think it ever ends. Our first trip was in 1984 with our one year old daughter and we've gone every year since, sometimes twice a year. In January my husband wans't able to go and so just my 24 year old son and I went for 10 days and we had a ball. We're celebrating our 30th anniversary this summer and as long as WDW is there---- we will be too!

PHSCoach

I have been going every year since 1981. At first it was just once a year but now its at least 4 trips a year and I could do more. I don't think it will ever get old and I will continue to go until I can no longer make the trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom