When are you going to fix that yeti?

Ralphlaw

Nope, but I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggone people like me.

This isn't a $%&# measuring contest. Your career and/or life experiences aren't connected to the topic at hand no matter how much you want them to be. We're talking about a unique situation involving an audio animatronic figure that is inside a building. I can only assume your building knowledge does not extend to audio animatronic figures inside buildings. If I'm mistaken, I apologize in advance.

The figure has been removed without any down time to the attraction. You're refusal to acknowledge even this is dumbfounding.

There's a phrase my father likes to use about people like you, "Often wrong, but never in doubt." Get off your high horse and come up with a new angle. All you've done is listed your resume and stated people should listen to you because you're an expert. Don't get me wrong, there's a growing mentality in this country about people refusing to listen to experts, but in this case you're not even in the right field. I'm not going to go to a divorce lawyer and ask them an accounting question.

Let's all just step back and chill out a minute (me included). My only true assertion is that a removal would be expensive. Whether that means the yeti can be hauled out without ripping open the mountain or not, I assume such an operation would be expensive. I don't believe anyone has said anything to the contrary. Has it been removed in the last 9 years? Marni and others say yes. Perhaps they are 100% right, but I have not seen strong objective proof. BUT THAT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER. What matters is that it is probably EXPENSIVE to do so, which is why the pathetic hulk is still there. Nobody wants to pony up the crane rental and other costs to haul it out.

My primary assumption is that Disney makes decisions based on logic and common sense, which perhaps is not a wise assumption to make. If the decisions are made logically, and a good company can cut through the apparent departmental junk that gave us Disco Yeti for the last 9 years, my little syllogism makes sense. What can throw my syllogism to the wind? Idiots in power. Undue squabbles. Rampant stupidity. Bureaucracy at all costs. Weak leadership that can't cut through the departmental junk. Take your pickl

By the way, I see divorce lawyers with accounting degrees (and without) make mincemeat of accountants on a regular basis. Most divorce lawyers are not great accountants, but many could do as well as a local CPA. Of course, the real number geniuses are farmers, but that's a whole other topic.

Do you keep mentioning that you helped build a house because you don’t think anyone will come across Wis. Stat. §443.15(1)(a)?

Very impressed by your legal research. Well above the call. But I also own two commercial buildings. My opinions are not hugely based on personal experiences wearing a tool belt, but with logic, bureaucratic experience, litigation, running my own business, etc . . .

So let's all chill out. Well played, all. For anyone who cares to stop in, I'm buying Moretti beer outside the pizza window on the Boardwalk on December 27th, at 10:30 pm. LazyBoy, RSox, Marrni, and anyone else, meet you there if you can make it. Look for the pale Midwest lawyer who could stand to lose a few dozen pounds. Good beer can calm the rashest of emotions. And Lazyboy, would you like to pick up a little legal research work on the side?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Does anyone else remember the feeling that the yeti may be just close enough to swat you when the ride first opened? That his hand was so close that you thought you could reach up and touch it? You can't top that with fans and a strobe light. And the ODT will never, ever understand that.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My primary assumption is that Disney makes decisions based on logic and common sense, which perhaps is not a wise assumption to make.

You are correct, this is now a wise assumption. Having worked for a company the size of Disney I can tell you first hand that decision often don't seem logical. In the end a company is really nothing more then a group of people, each of which has their own goals and agendas and you will often find that people don't make decision exclusively based on "what is best for the company" or people have competing ideas about what is best for the company.

Castle Cake Apologist

They're talking about a pumpkin..

That is a tweet to joe not from him....

Those of use who don’t have a Twitter account cannot see Likes, so that is helpful information.

The Tweet was in regards to a jack-o-lantern carved with the yeti on it. Joe retweeted it, which is shown at the top of the screenshot that was posted.

It does seem he's talking about it a lot more than usual the last few days...

No Name

There are few if any people who have experience in a comparable situation. That's kind of why the problem happened in the first place. As is the case with many things that go wrong in theme parks and other places.

JoeCamel

The Tweet was in regards to a jack-o-lantern carved with the yeti on it. Joe retweeted it, which is shown at the top of the screenshot that was posted.

It does seem he's talking about it a lot more than usual the last few days...
Maybe he did and maybe he didn't. Can't always trust what you see on the interwebs.

JoeCamel

Nothing in the post you quoted is debatable
Sure and you believe this guy can tip the tower
shop.jpg

JoeCamel

My original statement stands.

Nothing in the post you quoted was debatable.

Obviously you can't believe everything you read on the internet. But it also doesn't take a rocket scientist to separate fact from fiction and identify poor photoshop skills.
K

BalooChicago

They're suggesting that the screenshot was photoshopped. It's a super easy thing to do. (Professional photo-retoucher here.)

However, a quick sign-in to Twitter and check of Joe's account verifies that the screenshot hasn't been edited.

Or, you know, you could have clicked the link to the tweet in my post.

Ralphlaw

There are few if any people who have experience in a comparable situation. That's kind of why the problem happened in the first place. As is the case with many things that go wrong in theme parks and other places.

Good point. They pushed the envelope and the envelope ripped. And for nearly a decade they can't find the scotch tape to fix it.

Long term, I fear this is one large reason why it now takes upwards of three years for them to build something new. The Ratatouille attraction, which already has a working version at Disney Land Paris, will take three years to complete in Epcot. Perhaps new builds are put through so much scrutiny, sign-offs, committees and other red tape because Rohde's precious yeti isn't working.

larandtra

from time to time we as fans miss the obvious. Sometimes when you work in a company and you try to do things quietly and without making things a huge issue, you accomplish what you are after. But, when noone seems to be listening and you are only able to fix small pieces of things in an area directly under your supervision while you look around and see every other department failing and not holding up its end to match your efforts, you may begin being a bit vocal in order to gain a level of control over other things. If I am a top level manager at a company and I have one department exceeding expectations even with limited resources and the rest of the departments lack that leadership and vision, I may grab the leader of the department that is doing so well and ask them to take some responsibility and influence for other areas. Just a thought. The squeaky wheel does get the grease if its done the right way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom