When are you going to fix that yeti?

JMcMahonEsq

No. That arm coming down at you was the last thing you saw at the end and was incredibly impressive. People who've ridden since it stopped working have no idea what they are missing.
That’s the entire point! People who have ridden the ride for the years and years since it hasn’t work have no idea what they are missing. It is not such a huge feature for the ride that the tens/hundreds of thousands of people who have ridden the ride since the yeti hasn’t worked are sayin “boy something is missing here.”

yensidtlaw1969

That’s the entire point! People who have ridden the ride for the years and years since it hasn’t work have no idea what they are missing. It is not such a huge feature for the ride that the tens/hundreds of thousands of people who have ridden the ride since the yeti hasn’t worked are sayin “boy something is missing here.”
That may be your point, but it's also the problem.

Any guest who didn't ride the original Journey into Imagination has no idea what they're missing. But anyone who did knows that the current offering is a tragic waste compared to the once-realized potential.

If they're not going to charge less for a diminished experience - and in fact, they are very much charging more - than the onus should be on Disney to either maintain the show or offer a comparable alternative. It should not be on the guest to accept less or be left in ignorance of what once was.

Lilofan

Lots of the real Everest is a garbage dump of discarded climbing items, O2 tanks, human waste in plastic bags, and even dead bodies.
Perhaps the hair ties lend a sense of realism.
If the movie Everest the real life story of the climbers who died near the summit is accurate it was (1) outhouse toilet for all the people at base camp.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
IIRC, there was some kind of tagline with EE early on that said something about "an encounter with a yeti". 🤷‍♂️

If you didn't experience the Yeti in A-mode, you have no idea how thrilling it was to experience the AA *almost* being able to touch you as you rode under it. But hey, it's not important!! Just let it sit there with the strobe light because 99% of the dummies riding it these days don't know and don't care, so why bother? Good enough, right? It's not really bad show, is it?

Ayla

That may be your point, but it wasn't mine.

The people who have ridden in the decade plus it's been broken are missing out on that experience. I'm not going to excuse WDW for providing a subpar experience to millions of riders.

Bocabear

That may be your point, but it's also the problem.

Any guest who didn't ride the original Journey into Imagination has no idea what they're missing. But anyone who did knows that the current offering is a tragic waste compared to the once-realized potential.

If they're not going to charge less for a diminished experience - and in fact, they are very much charging more - than the onus should be on Disney to either maintain the show or offer a comparable alternative. It should not be on the guest to accept less or be left in ignorance of what once was.
but here is the problem...all of the posts saying they didn't see it so it doesn't matter...those that did, saying they feel it doesn't diminish the ride... they have given TDO the excuse to do absolutely nothing... and to continue to lessen the experiences around the parks.
Maybe if you could get the shareholders to start making noise about how Disney is managing their investments in the parks, they might put a little more thought into it....
but wow, people defending mediocrity is how the world is slowly devolving...

Lilofan

but here is the problem...all of the posts saying they didn't see it so it doesn't matter...those that did, saying they feel it doesn't diminish the ride... they have given TDO the excuse to do absolutely nothing... and to continue to lessen the experiences around the parks.
Maybe if you could get the shareholders to start making noise about how Disney is managing their investments in the parks, they might put a little more thought into it....
but wow, people defending mediocrity is how the world is slowly devolving...
Shareholders can raise issues at every shareholder meeting with Q&A with Iger but by choice rarely do.

rreading

No. That arm coming down at you was the last thing you saw at the end and was incredibly impressive. People who've ridden since it stopped working have no idea what they are missing.

Would be nice to see it. No argument there

Phil12

If you think that the state of WDW is mediocre, I would love to see your house

Pretty high standards, if you ask me…

“It was better in the past”. I was there in the Eighties; apart from SSE, Imagination, and the fact of Horizons, I wouldn’t necessarily agree
Very well said. I've been a guest at the various Disney parks since the 1960's and IMO the parks have never been better than they are today. I would be pleased if they got rid of IASW, CBJ, JC, the Tiki Room and some of the other boring old stinkers. However, there are obviously enough people who enjoy those attractions and that's good for me since it keeps them occupied.

erasure fan1

“It was better in the past”. I was there in the Eighties; apart from SSE, Imagination, and the fact of Horizons, I wouldn’t necessarily agree
I was there in the 80s as well. And to each their own, but 80s Epcot was hands down better in my opinion. Just from a complete concept and theme alone it wins. I might be in the minority, but 80s Epcot was inspiring. 20s Epcot is just kind of ruderless. If I had to pick what's better now, I'd say soarin was a great add. And I know people like guardians and frozen, but personally I don't think they make the park better.

Rodj

If you think that the state of WDW is mediocre, I would love to see your house

Pretty high standards, if you ask me…

What about Tower? It was perfectly fine up until Iger became CEO, which things started going downhill show effects wise, especially after 2008. Every few months in just the past few years, something else show effects wise breaks on the ride, with no attempts to fix it. Any remaining show effects are on their last legs with no one seeming to care. I can not name a single scene on the ride that is still working properly.

JoeCamel

I was there in the 80s as well. And to each their own, but 80s Epcot was hands down better in my opinion. Just from a complete concept and theme alone it wins. I might be in the minority, but 80s Epcot was inspiring. 20s Epcot is just kind of ruderless. If I had to pick what's better now, I'd say soarin was a great add. And I know people like guardians and frozen, but personally I don't think they make the park better.
I agree, it evoked the "World's Fair" vibe that I knew from my childhood. Not rides but amazing presentations and inventions.
Videophone? Check
Computers? Check
Other cultures? Check
Exhibitions? Check

Now you are paying for a chance to show conspicuous consumption at the festival place.

IanDLBZF

It was perfectly fine up until Iger became CEO, which things started going downhill show effects wise, especially after 2008. Every few months in just the past few years, something else show effects wise breaks on the ride, with no attempts to fix it. Any remaining show effects are on their last legs with no one seeming to care. I can not name a single scene on the ride that is still working properly.
I partially blame Meg Crofton and Tom Staggs too.

CampbellzSoup

I mean we don’t feel that with all the money poured into the development of the animatronic they should fix it? I know it doesn’t matter to some but man all the money poured into the creation of it.,,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom