When are you going to fix that yeti?

rreading

Ok, I’ll bite, er flame…you meant to say insignificant expensive detail…meaning it doesn’t really matter…the big picture is this…yes I think everyone has wish lists and some are kinda insignificant (like the paint brushes at TSI), but don’t kill people for being passionate about details…that’s what made this swamp land so much better that the competition. Again, thank God we’re not on the Carowinds fan site complaining about THEIR problems…the ride is about the Yeti…the Yeti used to work…the Yeti DOESN’T work…the Yeti SHOULD work…flame out.
I don’t disagree about the paintbrushes at TSI…or the barrel bridge that’s *hopefully* getting fixed. They are details that make the experience immersive and memorable.

But I care much more about the barrel bridge than the yeti.

Of course, it would be lovely to see it work. Or improved. But imho there are bigger fish to fry.

Other bigger point is that just because someone on here has a different opinion doesn’t necessarily make them wrong. Unless we have to be the last bastion of correctness in the world.

In which case, take the site down with you…I’ll let it go as well

Smiley/OCD

I don’t disagree about the paintbrushes at TSI…or the barrel bridge that’s *hopefully* getting fixed. They are details that make the experience immersive and memorable.

But I care much more about the barrel bridge than the yeti.

Of course, it would be lovely to see it work. Or improved. But imho there are bigger fish to fry.

Other bigger point is that just because someone on here has a different opinion doesn’t necessarily make them wrong. Unless we have to be the last bastion of correctness in the world.

In which case, take the site down with you…I’ll let it go as well
Oh I agree…some people and subjects can be very toxic…me? I’d rather fight the fight on EE to send a few CM’s up with a shop vac to suck up all those damned hair ties… I’ve never been to the actual Mt.Everest but I don’t think there’s a plethora of them on the real mountain, but yeah, fix the damn Yeti.

Chi84

Premium Member
Okay…I’ve been a member here for more than a decade and a paying sub for at least 5 years.

And while this discussion has been going on for forever…I have to say that there are a lot of babies on here.

Who really cares! Honestly! You’re being childish in attacking a forum member who has a different opinion than yours

It’s not like the chick at the end of Navi, or Kylo on Rise or any other effect that we actively pay attention to as a focal point of the ride.

My kids for a decade swore that it moved in the strobe light. Fine! They didn’t see it in A-mode (nor did I- I was in medical school) - life goes on!

Sure, I would like it improved. But there are so many things that I wish were different at WDW (Imagination, Mary Poppins ride, Indiana Jones water ride, more low-key rides at HS) that I really don’t give a flip whether they bother with this detail. And it really is that: a significantly expensive detail.

Flame away! It’s what this site seems to have become
No, you’re pretty normal.

Incomudro

Oh I agree…some people and subjects can be very toxic…me? I’d rather fight the fight on EE to send a few CM’s up with a shop vac to suck up all those damned hair ties… I’ve never been to the actual Mt.Everest but I don’t think there’s a plethora of them on the real mountain, but yeah, fix the damn Yeti.
Lots of the real Everest is a garbage dump of discarded climbing items, O2 tanks, human waste in plastic bags, and even dead bodies.
Perhaps the hair ties lend a sense of realism.

yensidtlaw1969

From a story pov him working or not changes nothing. You are still escaping the mountain with the yeti almost getting you. From a story pov you can do that with sound or a static yeti.
Haunted mansion hatbox ghost.. removed, up for debate spider guy. Cannons at ROTR havent worked in months (which also was an amazing effect, that has no impact on the story.
IVe read the posts, you still have dozens of people wanting them to fix the yeti to original.

Im done debating it.
And yet from an experiential perspective, much does change.

The story remains that you're escaping the mountain with the Yeti almost getting you - and yet my first half-dozen rides on Everest felt like that so much more than any of the subsequent ones. If the Yeti made truly no difference they wouldn't have gone to the trouble of creating him in the first place.

By your logic, any animatronic or effect that can be at all considered extraneous to the "story" can afford to be removed from a ride, regardless of how negatively it would impact the experience.

Imagine if Pirates of the Caribbean removed all but 2 Pirate animatronics (to keep the plurality of "Pirates") - the story would still be that you're journeying through a Caribbean town ransacked by Pirates, but obviously the experience would be irreconcilably damaged.

Ayla

Did you ever see it work? 99 percent of the people on here havent.
Everyone has their own opinion, and you are certainly allowed to yours.
To me its still the best story coaster in the world. Especially for people that have no idea what the ride is and dont know it goes backwards or what will happen. The re-rideability is super high, its one of those rides that you can just go again and again. The theming is spot on. You could have the same effect with just sound through your headset in the seats, I think some disney fans just want to complain about something. To say that one effect makes it either at 10+ or a 2 is ludicrous.

Everest is still super popular and the yeti hasnt worked in decades, so clearly it hasnt hurt its popularity, and look at the smiles from the people that get off.
I first rode it in June of 2006. Yes, I've seen it when it was working.

BlakeW39

Who really cares! Honestly! You’re being childish in attacking a forum member who has a different opinion than yours

1. we should all care, as Disney fans...

2. no one is being childish or attacking anyone else for their beliefs. we are simply disagreeing, which is last I checked, very much allowed on this forum.

It’s not like the chick at the end of Navi, or Kylo on Rise or any other effect that we actively pay attention to as a focal point of the ride.

??? lol it's EXACTLY like that. Matter of fact I'd wager that the yeti is a bigger deal than either of those. On Rise there are other effects for the ride to rely on and Kylo's AA isn't that much of a focus. On EE, the yeti is THE focal point of the ride— it's the most important ride effect that it has. Now the Na'Vi woman on river journey is perhaps just as important as the yeti is on Everest.... but NRJ is a less important/beloved ride in general so if she was broken it wouldn't be as big of a deal as the yeti is, in my opinion.

Sure, I would like it improved. But there are so many things that I wish were different at WDW (Imagination, Mary Poppins ride, Indiana Jones water ride, more low-key rides at HS) that I really don’t give a flip whether they bother with this detail. And it really is that: a significantly expensive detail.

Am I living in a pocket dimension? The 25 foot tall giant yeti AA isn't some minor little detail, it's the primary focal point for the entire attraction. The premise of the entire ride is based on there being a yeti in the forbidden mountain, and the AA at the end is the only time you encounter it. The yeti not working is bad show and bad show always negatively affects ride experience.

Bocabear

How would Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride be with the mine scene just an empty cave set?
Did you notice that Mexico Pavilion's Where Is Donald? ride was suddenly 1000 times better just because they added the animatronics to the last scene?
These things are part of the storyline.. they are what makes going to a Disney park greater than others... Remove these moments from the attraction because they break down, and it is just a ride you could experience at the nearby Six Flags park.

erasure fan1

But it's not the focal point because it doesn't work. It should be just as important as those AAs mentioned. And if you care about the Kylo or Navi AA, you should care about the Yeti. The more complacency they see, the more likely when they decide that the Navi repair cost doesn't justify fixing, based on the rides "not that popular anyway". We get permanent screen mode.
That's part of the problem too. There's so many issues, that people let things like this slide. Because like I said earlier, the ride is still fun as a coaster, even if none of the effects work. So for a lot of fans, on their list of 573 things that need work, this ends up being number 496. Because hey, it's still fun. My problem with that way of thinking, is it gives Disney just too convenient of an out on issues like this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom