When are you going to fix that yeti?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Youre entitled to your opinion, clearly the fact that it doesnt work offends you. And it doesnt affect the ride. The ending is you escape the mountain with the yeti almost catching you. That still happens. It doesnt end in a cliffhanger. The story is much more there than the beloved potc, or hm. So story wise, it changes nothing. Should we get an improvement, once again yes. Does the original animatronic have to work or this is the worst ride of all time... no. Its the same enjoyable ride, with an effect that doesnt work, and isnt a cheap easily fixed repair. Unlike half of the rides at Disney parks that have broken effects that would be cheaply fixed, some of which do impact the story. I would say the cannons on ROTR (which is a timing issue) is a much cheaper fix that impacts the story just as much if not more.
The static cannons are still there and they used to move... wheres the outrage on that. And that could be fixed.. today.
Yes, it’s really that simple and they have just chosen to not run the cannons for a year. 🙄

You’re clearly happy with bad show. Keep rewarding Bob for taking the lowest possible road. Again.

flyerjab

No apologies for a billion dollar company not fixing attractions…full stop. We’ve all discussed this in these threads, time and time again. Inflation of the cost of a WDW trip has so far outpaced inflation in general over the last several decades it’s laughably outrageous at this point. Since that is the reality, then I expect most effects (especially the MAJOR effects) should be working. If they are telling people “hey, drop some cash for an ILL for RotR for a prime experience”, then every single major effect should be working or it lessens the enjoyment. How can that even be argued? I went on RotR the opening week. Man what a ride! When I went on it this past May? Hmmm…let’s see: Kyle not functioning on the bridge? Check. Kylo B-mode tie fighter sequence activated in lieu of non-functioning audioanimatronic? Check. Moving cannons not moving? Check. Lt. Beck not working right? Check. Inexcusable.

It tells me that Bob and Co. really don’t get what the word “theme” in the term theme park means. Yes, the bare bones coaster of EE is thrilling…No one denies that. But the massive yeti at the end is what separates DAK from Six Flags. THIS 👏 IS 👏 A 👏 THEME 👏 PARK 👏!!

It’s getting to the point that if Disney was selling me a car, they would charge me top dollar, only to find out that the passenger window doesn’t operate, the top gear doesn’t engage and the AC doesn’t function. It will get me where I need to go but the experience is diminished.

Incomudro

No apologies for a billion dollar company not fixing attractions…full stop. We’ve all discussed this in these threads, time and time again. Inflation of the cost of a WDW trip has so far outpaced inflation in general over the last several decades it’s laughably outrageous at this point. Since that is the reality, then I expect most effects (especially the MAJOR effects) should be working. If they are telling people “hey, drop some cash for an ILL for RotR for a prime experience”, then every single major effect should be working or it lessens the enjoyment. How can that even be argued? I went on RotR the opening week. Man what a ride! When I went on it this past May? Hmmm…let’s see: Kyle not functioning on the bridge? Check. Kylo B-mode tie fighter sequence activated in lieu of non-functioning audioanimatronic? Check. Moving cannons not moving? Check. Lt. Beck not working right? Check. Inexcusable.

It tells me that Bob and Co. really don’t get what the word “theme” in the term theme park means. Yes, the bare bones coaster of EE is thrilling…No one denies that. But the massive yeti at the end is what separates DAK from Six Flags. THIS 👏 IS 👏 A 👏 THEME 👏 PARK 👏!!

It’s getting to the point that if Disney was selling me a car, they would charge me top dollar, only to find out that the passenger window doesn’t operate, the top gear doesn’t engage and the AC doesn’t function. It will get me where I need to go but the experience is diminished.
I agree, except that the Yeti figure at the end of the ride isn't what separates the ride from a Six Flags ride.
Every element of EE separates it from a Six Flags ride.
But yes, that Yeti should be working or replaced with something that does work.
Every other thing that should work in these parks should be brought back up to working as quickly as possible too.
It's inexcusable.

Last edited:

JMcMahonEsq

Bad show is bad show. Stop excusing away their laziness.
It has nothing to do with laziness. It has to do with rightly prioritizing what to spend time and money on. Out of 100 guests 90+ wouldn’t notice the yeti or it’s working/not. Out of the 9-10 who would notice maybe 2-3 are “upset” about it. You don’t expend capex or shut down a major attraction for any significant period of time for 2-3% of your market.

Smiley/OCD

It has nothing to do with laziness. It has to do with rightly prioritizing what to spend time and money on. Out of 100 guests 90+ wouldn’t notice the yeti or it’s working/not. Out of the 9-10 who would notice maybe 2-3 are “upset” about it. You don’t expend capex or shut down a major attraction for any significant period of time for 2-3% of your market.
Ok, there’s approximately 553 AA’s on iasw…by your logic, how many of them should “go down” before TWDC spends the capex and starts repairs?
The leprechauns were broken the last 3 times we were there in the last 3 years…usually at least ONE ceiling display is in operable. To me, ONE is too many…but YMMV…I’m SOOOOO tired of hearing excuses about peeling paint, burnt out light bulbs, ONE AA out of dozens…they have a maintenance team…the amount of $$$ we’re paying to go through the gates demands that these things get addressed. I’m telling you, AA’s will go down on Tiana sooner rather than later and they won’t get immediately addressed like some on here think they will be.

JMcMahonEsq

Ok, there’s approximately 553 AA’s on iasw…by your logic, how many of them should “go down” before TWDC spends the capex and starts repairs?
The leprechauns were broken the last 3 times we were there in the last 3 years…usually at least ONE ceiling display is in operable. To me, ONE is too many…but YMMV…I’m SOOOOO tired of hearing excuses about peeling paint, burnt out light bulbs, ONE AA out of dozens…they have a maintenance team…the amount of $$$ we’re paying to go through the gates demands that these things get addressed. I’m telling you, AA’s will go down on Tiana sooner rather than later and they won’t get immediately addressed like some on here think they will be.
First from everything I have heard, fixing the yeti is not just a simple maintenance job. It will end up involving shutting down the ride for an extended period to time in order to do major repair. All for something that doesn’t effect the ride. If it was a 12 hour overnight fix I might be more behind going in and fixing it.

And sure things will go down with Tianna. To expect them them not to would be crazy. Anything involving moving parts that operate around 10-12 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year are going to break down. To expect anything else is to ignore reality. To think one item being down across the Disney parks at any given day is too many just isn’t reasonable or realistic.

lazyboy97o

First from everything I have heard, fixing the yeti is not just a simple maintenance job. It will end up involving shutting down the ride for an extended period to time in order to do major repair. All for something that doesn’t effect the ride. If it was a 12 hour overnight fix I might be more behind going in and fixing it.
This is not true and has been covered many times, including recently in this thread. The problem is with the figure itself which can be, and has been, removed during 3rd shift.

Lilofan

The previous exec , Jeff who ran WDW Engineering for many years obviously had no urgency to fix it. He's now the WDW President.

JMcMahonEsq

The previous exec , Jeff who ran WDW Engineering for many years obviously had no urgency to fix it. He's now the WDW President.
Yup. And I haven’t seen anything that would show there should be some urgency to fix it. It’s not 1) a health and safety issue; 2) taking away from the functionality of the ride: 3) reducing enjoyment of the ride where people aren’t riding it; 4) taking away from a revenue stream of the ride.

Magenta Panther

THE BOTTOM LINE IS...

Iger is refusing to fix a broken animatronic because he's cheap and thinks the ride is just fine without it. We peons have to be content with the dinky, unconvincing little cartoon in the middle of the ride that shows a shadowy yeti tearing up train tracks (and which occasionally displays the Windows logo).

There is NO excuse for such disrespect and contempt for the park guest. NONE. This is a desecration of Walt Disney's philosophy of quality and plussing. Anyone who defends Iger's cheapness, cynicism and neglect does not understand why the Disney parks were once top-of-the-line. Enjoy your broken ride, peon.

Smiley/OCD

THE BOTTOM LINE IS...

Iger is refusing to fix a broken animatronic because he's cheap and thinks the ride is just fine without it. We peons have to be content with the dinky, unconvincing little cartoon in the middle of the ride that shows a shadowy yeti tearing up train tracks (and which occasionally displays the Windows logo).

There is NO excuse for such disrespect and contempt for the park guest. NONE. This is a desecration of Walt Disney's philosophy of quality and plussing. Anyone who defends Iger's cheapness, cynicism and neglect does not understand why the Disney parks were once top-of-the-line. Enjoy your broken ride, peon.
Playing devils advocate, I guess it could be worse…ask Carowinds…now THATS a crack (no pun intended) maintenance crew…

rreading

Okay…I’ve been a member here for more than a decade and a paying sub for at least 5 years.

And while this discussion has been going on for forever…I have to say that there are a lot of babies on here.

Who really cares! Honestly! You’re being childish in attacking a forum member who has a different opinion than yours

It’s not like the chick at the end of Navi, or Kylo on Rise or any other effect that we actively pay attention to as a focal point of the ride.

My kids for a decade swore that it moved in the strobe light. Fine! They didn’t see it in A-mode (nor did I- I was in medical school) - life goes on!

Sure, I would like it improved. But there are so many things that I wish were different at WDW (Imagination, Mary Poppins ride, Indiana Jones water ride, more low-key rides at HS) that I really don’t give a flip whether they bother with this detail. And it really is that: a significantly expensive detail.

Flame away! It’s what this site seems to have become

Smiley/OCD

Okay…I’ve been a member here for more than a decade and a paying sub for at least 5 years.

And while this discussion has been going on for forever…I have to say that there are a lot of babies on here.

Who really cares! Honestly! You’re being childish in attacking a forum member who has a different opinion than yours

It’s not like the chick at the end of Navi, or Kylo on Rise or any other effect that we actively pay attention to as a focal point of the ride.

My kids for a decade swore that it moved in the strobe light. Fine! They didn’t see it in A-mode (nor did I- I was in medical school) - life goes on!

Sure, I would like it improved. But there are so many things that I wish were different at WDW (Imagination, Mary Poppins ride, Indiana Jones water ride, more low-key rides at HS) that I really don’t give a flip whether they bother with this detail. And it really is that: a significantly expensive detail.

Flame away! It’s what this site seems to have become
Ok, I’ll bite, er flame…you meant to say insignificant expensive detail…meaning it doesn’t really matter…the big picture is this…yes I think everyone has wish lists and some are kinda insignificant (like the paint brushes at TSI), but don’t kill people for being passionate about details…that’s what made this swamp land so much better that the competition. Again, thank God we’re not on the Carowinds fan site complaining about THEIR problems…the ride is about the Yeti…the Yeti used to work…the Yeti DOESN’T work…the Yeti SHOULD work…flame out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom