What's your idea of the perfect Disney Honeymoon?

HoneyBee1991

We are going to honeymoon at WDW next December.

Our major "to-do's" are:
The wild Africa Trek
The Christmas Party
And (even though not WDW) Discovery Cove

What would your perfect WDW honeymoon look like?

Should we add something to our list?

JIMINYCR

The "perfect" honeymoon would be spending time at WDW with a spouse thats as thrilled and in love with Disney as I am.
I'd get ADR's at the dining spots that best suit your tastes and gives you great atmosphere. I'd start out with a memorable experience by dining in the Castle and also dine at BOG.
In Dec. I'd add the Candlelight procession into my list of things to do.
I'd get a personalized ornament at the Christmas shop as a memory to put on your Christmas tree every year.
I'd get a set of monogramed glasses for my home at the Main Street shop in MK.
I'd get monogramed towels and bath ware at DHS.
If cost isnt a problem I'd arrange to get a romance package or something else special at Disney Floral & gifts for the resort room.
i'd do a late night horse & carriage ride at POFQ.
Id do an evening fireworks cruise on Bay lake.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

DH and I went on our Disneymoon in October of 2013. I can say hands down, without a doubt just the best trip EVER. Of course because it was not just any trip, it was an extra special Disneymoon trip, but also because we went for 12 nights and this helps us really got a chance to slow down and relax, and we were finally married!

My biggest tip is sloooow down, enjoy your time there and your time together on your one and only Disneymoon. Soak up every moment, eat at some awesome places, don't rush or overwhelm yourself with plans, sleep in, and don't stress anything no matter what.

Have the best time! Early congrats and happy planning along the way!

Upvote 0

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. You all had awesome ideas!
I have thought about the carriage ride and now I'm loving the Christmas ornament idea!

We're staying 9 nights/10 days and getting 5 day park hopper tickets with memory maker.

One thing I keep seeing is to "splurge" on the hotel. Unfortunately, with staying 9 nights, that means an extra $1,000 going from a value to a moderate. I don't even want to know how expensive it would be for a deluxe. I can't justify that extra money when I could use it to buy a nice dinning plan.

Any suggestions on what value resort would be the best for adults? I've only ever stayed at All Star Sports so that is the only one I want to avoid.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

I have thought about the carriage ride and now I'm loving the Christmas ornament idea!

We're staying 9 nights/10 days and getting 5 day park hopper tickets with memory maker.

One thing I keep seeing is to "splurge" on the hotel. Unfortunately, with staying 9 nights, that means an extra $1,000 going from a value to a moderate. I don't even want to know how expensive it would be for a deluxe. I can't justify that extra money when I could use it to buy a nice dinning plan.

Any suggestions on what value resort would be the best for adults? I've only ever stayed at All Star Sports so that is the only one I want to avoid.
I totally hear you. Go for longer, spend less on the resort makes sense for sure.

I'm not well versed on values so I can't quite suggest much, but something I'll just throw out there for arguments sake: don't rule out getting a quote for renting a DVC studio room from a member. You may be surprised at the cost. I honestly don't know much about so I'd suggest asking a question about it in the DVC section if you're interested. They'll guide you well.

Upvote 0

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
I totally hear you. Go for longer, spend less on the resort makes sense for sure.

I'm not well versed on values so I can't quite suggest much, but something I'll just throw out there for arguments sake: don't rule out getting a quote for renting a DVC studio room from a member. You may be surprised at the cost. I honestly don't know much about so I'd suggest asking a question about it in the DVC section if you're interested. They'll guide you well.

Thank you, that isn't something I had thought about. It is worth looking into.

Upvote 0

belledream

We spent our Disneymoon at Pop Century and it was the best choice ever! It's such a precious time in your lives, so we took as much as it as we could get. Pop is nicer over the All Stars in that you can take a lovely stroll over the bridge and lake to Art of Animation, so even though you're 'stuck' in a Value resort, you can still 'get out' and see some unique views. Would highly recommend!

We did a Land & Sea Disneymoon, so we went on Bahamian cruise afterwards. It was truly the perfect bookend to rest our bodies in a way we couldn't in the parks, indulge in so much food, and do a little of that glamorous honeymoon beachin'.

Congrats!!

Upvote 0

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
We spent our Disneymoon at Pop Century and it was the best choice ever! It's such a precious time in your lives, so we took as much as it as we could get. Pop is nicer over the All Stars in that you can take a lovely stroll over the bridge and lake to Art of Animation, so even though you're 'stuck' in a Value resort, you can still 'get out' and see some unique views. Would highly recommend!

We did a Land & Sea Disneymoon, so we went on Bahamian cruise afterwards. It was truly the perfect bookend to rest our bodies in a way we couldn't in the parks, indulge in so much food, and do a little of that glamorous honeymoon beachin'.

Congrats!!

Thank you so much, this really does help!

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Congratulations!

We had the perfect Disney Honeymoon almost 17 years ago. We stayed at the Polynesian with concierge and a theme park view (back then it was just called lagoon). We enjoyed the parks, had a massage, spent a lot of time in the lounge, took advantage of the e-night orderings back then, and just relaxed. Town car took us to and from the airport as well. Not over planning worked well for us.

Upvote 0

Jess G

Good call on 9 nights w/ 5 day tickets. you will appreciate the slower days :) I would do AoA little mermaid rooms or POP

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom