What's Wrong With Lights, Motors, Action?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'm impressed by it, but it'd be so much better if they had a young adult, male IP to attach to it. Fast and Furious, Bourne, Bond... that kind of stuff.

Victor Kelly

After seeing it on TV, my wife and I were underwhelmed. Long walk in and out in hot Florida sun. Nothing really special about it. The drivers, are spectacular, no doubt about it. But if it goes away, no biggie. If Indy goes away, no biggie. The studios needs a much overdue shot in the arm, leg and butt. They need more attractions, and LMA and the last vestiges of the backlot tour take up a lot of real estate that can be used for Star Wars, Pixar, and other attractions.

Goofyernmost

After seeing it on TV, my wife and I were underwhelmed. Long walk in and out in hot Florida sun. Nothing really special about it. The drivers, are spectacular, no doubt about it. But if it goes away, no biggie. If Indy goes away, no biggie. The studios needs a much overdue shot in the arm, leg and butt. They need more attractions, and LMA and the last vestiges of the backlot tour take up a lot of real estate that can be used for Star Wars, Pixar, and other attractions.
I agree about LMA, but, I don't when it comes to Indy. It still fills that gigantic auditorium with every showing. Again, many have not seen it, but, very few aren't at least familiar with the franchise. It is a people eater and it is still fun to watch even though I have seen it at least 18 times.

Victor Kelly

I agree about LMA, but, I don't when it comes to Indy. It still fills that gigantic auditorium with every showing. Again, many have not seen it, but, very few aren't at least familiar with the franchise. It is a people eater and it is still fun to watch even though I have seen it at least 18 times.

I know it does, but they have gotten rid of so many parts that tied it in with the movies. And they can do another stunt show, that is more up to date. Heck they can do a Star Wars stunt show if they put their minds to it. Force jumps from level to level, Endor themed show.

Bairstow

I'm impressed by it, but it'd be so much better if they had a young adult, male IP to attach to it. Fast and Furious, Bourne, Bond... that kind of stuff.

If they went with the Bourne series, the seating bleachers would be replaced with a series of tilt-a-whirls which would go into motion as soon as the action on stage starts, to best simulate what trying to watch a Bourne movie is like.

bethymouse

My 10 year old boys love it! But, they don't mind if we skip it since it is the same show after all.:( Time for a replacement!:arghh:

mergatroid

I really like it and see the show at least once each time we come to Orlando. Mrs Merg 'tolerates it' as it's not a ride and gives her a rest in the shade. I think some of the 'filler' can get repetitive after several visits, however with a show that can often be the case. In many ways though, it does what people criticise the studios for not doing anymore and that is show how movies are made. Ok you're not quite watching a movie being made, but certainly it tries to explain and show how some car stunts are performed and the demonstrations are done very well.

I think it's very slick and they certainly don't seem to have cut any corners when designing it. Some of the driving is quite wonderful to watch and I genuinely enjoy every performance. The main problem I think it suffers from though is that if you don't enjoy cars doing stunts, then there's not really much in it for you. There's no lovable characters (for adults anyway) and no magical music scores from past movies you grew up with, compared to the Indie show for example. The only other downside to it is that I have to spend the same amount of time the show takes waiting for my wife in the shops as that's our deal :mad:

Last edited:

Bluewaves

It was a once and done for me, the stadium is hot, the chairs uncomfortable and the pacing of the show is glacially slow, the stunts are cool but the in between is what kills it for me, and while I know its a live show things go wrong, mechanical problems etc... Just doesn't have any repeat factor at all.

disneygeek90

I don't believe they have changed it much over the years. Perhaps if they've switched it up it would still be entertaining. I've seen it many times and it is now one I skip every time unless I am with someone who has never seen it. It is a good show, but I little redundant if you've seen it more than a couple times.

MikeTaylorSound

Saw it once and that was enough.

If they were to re-theme this to Star Wars somehow, it could be a huge revisit attraction that would eat up the crowds.

I can see this working out really well if there were 10 different shows a day (on the hour, from 10-7), each using select characters from the different versions of the films: original, millennium, and Disney.

It would translate better in a darker, contained area like Indiana Jones, where there's already the infrastructure for a show and capabilities for some immersive elements (more along the lines of Jedi Training Academy) incorporated into each show... how cool would it be to have a concealed zip line on a character and have Darth Vader "throw" them off stage with the force?

It seems to me like they could use that whole area in LMA better, like for a Planes flying coaster ;)

Goofyernmost

If they were to re-theme this to Star Wars somehow, it could be a huge revisit attraction that would eat up the crowds.
I'm not saying that Star Wars wouldn't be popular, but, do anyone of you realize that the obsession with Star Wars is as bad as Frozen? Not everyone is a fan of Star Wars and even some that are, mainly enjoy it, but, not obsessed by it. To you folks Star Wars is the end all, but, just like Frozen over exposure would not be good either.

I'm neither a fan nor against it. I enjoy exposure to a lot of properties that I am not intimately familiar with, but, I do fear that if they over do any of the proposed changes, it would be detrimental in the long run.

Matt_Black

I'm not saying that Star Wars wouldn't be popular, but, do anyone of you realize that the obsession with Star Wars is as bad as Frozen? Not everyone is a fan of Star Wars and even some that are, mainly enjoy it, but, not obsessed by it. To you folks Star Wars is the end all, but, just like Frozen over exposure would not be good either.

I'm neither a fan nor against it. I enjoy exposure to a lot of properties that I am not intimately familiar with, but, I do fear that if they over do any of the proposed changes, it would be detrimental in the long run.

Darth-Vader-I-FIND-YOUR-LACK-OF-FAITH-DISTURBING.jpg

JiminyandTink

I actually enjoy watching it once every trip for nostalgia alone (besides it is pretty cool), but I am more than willing to lose it for any of the rumoured expansions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom