What's Up With These Boring Park Maps?

CaptainShortty

My mom was just in WDW for a few days and I asked her to bring us back some park maps for nostalgia sake. Wow I was really stunned at how boring and lifeless they are. No fun colors, pretty non descript (but maybe they always were?), and just plain boring looking in my opinion, compared to how they had been for a long time. We were just there less than a year ago and I don't remember them looking like this.

And the way the DHS one is positioned oddly and not true to the parks design. Instead of the parks entrance being depicted at the bottom of the map, it's off to the right which is confusing for any first timers I'd think.

What's the deal? I mean they're just maps, we will survive, Im just surprised at the lack of detail. Maybe it's just not in the budget....

The direction of the park entrance on the map is in coloration to the MyDisneyExperience App. The entrances are placed at true north now instead of at the bottom of the page.

roj2323

The direction of the park entrance on the map is in coloration to the MyDisneyExperience App. The entrances are placed at true north now instead of at the bottom of the page.

How many people do you know that walk around with a compass in their pocket?

Last edited:

iluvMainStMagic

Does anyone know if the free customized maps are still available to order? if so, are they the "old map" designs, or have they been changed to the new look, too? Thanks! Just curious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom