whats up with sci fi dine in theater?

xxbradonxx

Original Poster
i tried to book a reservation between nov 9 and 16 during my next visit and its showing no openings in that time. is it going under refurbishment or closing with the backlot?
thanks

BigTxEars

My ADRs there for Jan 2015 are still showing, so I guess it's not closing for good :) No ideal why you are having that issue though. Maybe they are just booked up, is free dinning going on at that time?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
It is most likely booked up. Every year all the restaurants in HS well most book up pretty early in the 180 day mark. There is only the handful of restaurants like MK so they stay pretty full. That is only about 45 days away so it will be harder to get something but keep trying and you should be able to hopefully get a ressie. We usually have to book any of the popular restaurants at HS right at 180 days including this year Mama Melrose went quick and so did 50's. We usually do Sci Fi but wanted to switch it up a bit. :)

ratherbeinwdw

I tried at 30 days out for Sci Fi and there was nothing available. I tried again today, and there were times each of the days we'll be there, but they were at 8:00. I wasn't going to do it this trip, but the way they are closing things, I didn't want to take a chance and not do it.

Cendure

You're only about 45 days out from your trip, so it's probably booked solid right now, but 45 days out is when people start cancelling packages as they have to be paid in full at the 45 day mark so I would certainly keep trying and see if something comes up.

StarWarsGirl

Just keep trying. Last trip we walked up for lunch. January we got Prime Time a few days in advance for a large party. Just keep trying and something may open up.

BigTxEars

You're only about 45 days out from your trip, so it's probably booked solid right now, but 45 days out is when people start cancelling packages as they have to be paid in full at the 45 day mark so I would certainly keep trying and see if something comes up.

Good advice.

Thumper14

I have reservations for 4 on Nov 14 at Sci Fi for dinner.
It took me a about a month of trying 2-3 times a day to grab the ADR.
They are offering the free Dining package during my visit. I thought that may be the issue.
Keep trying, you never know when an ADR will free up. Especially with the closures being announced.
I secured an elusive ADR for BOG on my anniversary in April, after trying several times a day.
Just be persistent! It is totally worth it!

My son's surprise Disney wedding in November!  

BigTxEars

I have reservations for 4 on Nov 14 at Sci Fi for dinner.
It took me a about a month of trying 2-3 times a day to grab the ADR.
They are offering the free Dining package during my visit. I thought that may be the issue.
Keep trying, you never know when an ADR will free up. Especially with the closures being announced.
I secured an elusive ADR for BOG on my anniversary in April, after trying several times a day.
Just be persistent! It is totally worth it!

My son's surprise Disney wedding in November!  

OK.......what is a surprise wedding? Is there a shotgun involved?

24144y9.jpg

Thumper14

OK.......what is a surprise wedding? Is there a shotgun involved?

24144y9.jpg
No, I am still waiting to be a grandma. They are both new professors at WVU and children are not in the plans yet. They met at a convention at Disney 2 years ago at this time before she came to WVU. Both were staying at the Dolphin.
So they are not going to get married at Disneyworld, but the Dolphin. I am going to Disneyworld. Booked my family suite at the Boardwalk Villas so I could still attend the wedding in between trips to the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom