What's the most expensive thing you've ever bought from Mouse Surplus?

retroeric

Original Poster
I want to know so that I can feel better about shopping for my dad's Fathers Day present.

On the subject, how do they obtain their inventory anyways? Do they buy it from WDW, or just steal it from their dumpster when no one's looking?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Seems like I read somewhere that Disney actually pays them to haul it off !!

(Could be wrong though.)

One mans trash is another man's treasure.

tecowdw

retroeric said:
I want to know so that I can feel better about shopping for my dad's Fathers Day present.

On the subject, how do they obtain their inventory anyways? Do they buy it from WDW, or just steal it from their dumpster when no one's looking?
Never bought anything. Can't afford the shipping on the real neat stuff!
:lol:

Seriously...I was interested in a MM office chair but the shipping charge I was quoted by MouseSurplus was $95. :eek:
They don't designate how much shipping might be on their auctions which I bet can really surprise a winning bidder.

Main Street USA

Yeah, best to ask. They have entire bedroom sets from the Wilderness Lodge, and I saw them go for ony $699 or so, but I called on shipping and it was more than the item itself. Over $700.

I think I'll just build my own replica furniture for that price. :)

Rockin Roller

I have not bought anything. The shipping kills you. But my friend bought a Splash Mountain log, also this included the sighns that say You may Get Wet!
(I'm not 100% positive if he got it on mouse surplus.)

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I've been to their shop and they are good guys. Always see their truck on the road when I come into work. They get the stuff directly from WDW. Haven't found anything I've wanted yet but their warehouse is packed with goodies.

Main Street USA

JimboJones123 said:
Disneyland sign -- bought by John Stamos -- Shipping $14,000. YIKES!
See, that's a blatant ripoff (if you're not making it up). It doesn't cost $14,000 to ship anything anywhere in this country.

gatordoc

Bought the stop sign from Mr. Toad (fortunately, my wife thinks it's pretty cool). Paid a little over $700 with shipping (always be sure to get a shipping quote from them before buying - they tried to jack up the price after I bought it, but I had saved the prior communication, and they honored the initial shipping quote).
If I win the lottery this week, the wax Walt is mine :D

durangojim

Bought a Wilderness Lodge furniture set. Arrives here in Michigan tomorrow, price with shipping not too bad at just under 1100. Can't wait to setup the guestroom with it!

celestia

I always go direct to their warehouse- no high shipping costs!

so far I've only purchased a haunted mansion skirt for $20, and a adventurer's club yakoose juice mug.
They had a horizons logo sign for $60, I regret not buying it.

I have access to property control and always find my best deals there however.

maelstrom

I went right to the MouseSurplus warehouse in Orlando in December. I ended up buying only a few posters, nametags, cups, etc. We wanted some of the furniture from the Contemporary, but because we flew down we would've had to have it shipped and it would've been a lot. I regret not buying the Epcot logo signs off the old directional boards. :(

retroeric

Original Poster
SaratogaSlabes said:
Does anyone have the address for their warehouse? We'll be driving down next month & I'd like to drop in & see exactly what they have.

I went to their warehouse last week and was a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, the place is GIGANTIC. But about 75% of it is closed off to the public. You can sorta see what's going on (lots of large props and furniture) but you can't really take a close look at it. Only the left side (about 25%) of the warehouse is available to browse, and it's a lot of junk but if you look around you'll see some cool signage and props from the parks and resorts. Also, it's a great place to do you souveneir shopping if you don't mind having 2+ year old merchandise. Everything is 75% off. I got a nice Mickey fleece which had a WDW price tag of $59 for $16.

PianoManKD

Account Suspended
I don't get it, do these people at mousesurplus go to the garbage bins of WDW and take home the stuff that they don't use anymore? If so how did they gain access to this?

Really confusing, and im really jealous

maelstrom

PianoManKD said:
I don't get it, do these people at mousesurplus go to the garbage bins of WDW and take home the stuff that they don't use anymore? If so how did they gain access to this?

Do you really think Disney would allow that?

retroeric

Original Poster
PianoManKD said:

According to the owner (chatted with him when I was there) he buys it from WDW.

durangojim

When I ordered the WL set from them, they told me that they are a salvage company that has contracted with Disney to remove all sorts of items from Disney peoperty.

retroeric

Original Poster
durangojim said:
When I ordered the WL set from them, they told me that they are a salvage company that has contracted with Disney to remove all sorts of items from Disney peoperty.

Well then one of their people is lying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom