What's next for Epcot 2024 and Beyond

Bocabear

From that image it looks even tighter than I had imagined... Outdoor queue and line them up inn the temple gallery room and then down the right side of the stairway and hug the left wall... that is about the only option...It is a shame there is no space to do a proper Coco ride with a small drop or two like Disneyland Pirates...

UNCgolf

From that image it looks even tighter than I had imagined... Outdoor queue and line them up inn the temple gallery room and then down the right side of the stairway and hug the left wall... that is about the only option...It is a shame there is no space to do a proper Coco ride with a small drop or two like Disneyland Pirates...

There's room at the Magic Kingdom! Which is a better fit anyways -- they certainly could make a Coco ride that would fit well into the World Showcase, but since they didn't really bother doing so with Ratatouille (not that this was a surprise since we always knew it was a clone) or (especially) Frozen, it's unlikely they'd do it with Coco either.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They could move the marketplace with the cheap souvenirs to a new shop next to the margarita place. Then move the jewelry shop to where the cheap souvenirs were. Then replace the jewelry shops into the queue whose overflow can go up the ramp and out the side entrance and snake down the outdoor stair if it had to.

1690849050284.png

Last edited:

Horizonsfan

Coco is a compelling property, but GFT seems to do okay pulling in crowds. That said, they absolutely should move the jewelry shop elsewhere and use that space for additional queue space.

If they're going to continue with IP in World Showcase, Greece & Herc are far and away the most compelling combo. Short of a new pavilion, there are three other properties that seem workable IMO:
- C/D-ticket Luca-inspired ride through Tuscany
- Big Hero 6 family thrill attraction in Japan
- a storybookland canal-esque indoor boat ride through German fairytale vignettes (Snow White, Tangled, etc)

WowFactor

Pavilions only get added if there is a country (unlikely) or a rich conglomerate in that country (more likely) that is a fan of Disney and wants to bankroll a pavilion representing their country and think they can make a profit with restaurants, shops, and maybe a ride (paying Disney to build it) all with Disney's approval.

Such was the case with the almost-Brazil, until the sponsorship pulled out.

Without a sponsor, who knows if Disney will actually take over and re-start Marrakesh.

In the end, it seems Disney has zero-desire to add a national pavilion without someone else paying for it.
It seems to me that this business model is broken. Do you know who could be the possible sponsor of Brazil back there in 2017?

Bocabear

They could move the marketplace with the cheap souvenirs to a new shop next to the margarita place. Then move the jewelry shop to where the cheap souvenirs were. Then replace the jewelry shops into move queue whose overflow can go up the ramp and out the side entrance and snake down the outdoor stair if it had to.

View attachment 734580
That is kind of what I was thinking... There has to be a way to make it happen, and Coco is a great fit for a lackluster attraction space...fits the pavilion perfectly...I just wish if they did this, they would expand the flume a bit like they did for Frozen...add a little more to it...though I have to say, from the plan, it is sure tight!! I don't believe Coco is a natural fit for MK though... There is no cultural Mexican presence in the MK currently at all...and now that Louisiana has been injected into Frontierland, it breaks that southwestern narrative even more.
The Mexico Pavilion is already established and could use a more compelling attraction.

DisneyOutsider

They could move the marketplace with the cheap souvenirs to a new shop next to the margarita place. Then move the jewelry shop to where the cheap souvenirs were. Then replace the jewelry shops into the queue whose overflow can go up the ramp and out the side entrance and snake down the outdoor stair if it had to.

View attachment 734580
And while they're at it, I think we've given San Angel Inn enough time and chances to come up with an edible menu to no avail. Out she goes.

Bocabear

No reason the outdoor area where the Margarita stand is could not host a few more small shops... like a village surrounding the base of the temple...and the entrance to the queue for the Coco Attraction beginning out there...if they really wanted to, they could do it

Bocabear

Sadly the most exciting thing is a renovated restaurant and gift shop and a water play area... Also a relandscaped hub.
I wonder how much money would have been saved without tearing down half of Communicore... They probably would have had the money to have added the Mary Poppins attraction and more.

J4546

Sadly the most exciting thing is a renovated restaurant and gift shop and a water play area... Also a relandscaped hub.
I wonder how much money would have been saved without tearing down half of Communicore... They probably would have had the money to have added the Mary Poppins attraction and more.
the mary poppins attraction was an indoor teacups like ride, not saying it couldnt be cool but honestly if they are gonna build a MP themed small ride, Id much rather see a carousel. They really need to concentrate on adding a ride to the SE area of the park, where the germany/harbour area is, to balance out the crowds imo.

Bocabear

A powered coaster/train ride through the German countryside and scenery half indoors half outdoors would have been fabulous....Get Lehmann Gross Bahn to sponsor it. They provided the trains for the outdoor train layout...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
There's room at the Magic Kingdom! Which is a better fit anyways -- they certainly could make a Coco ride that would fit well into the World Showcase, but since they didn't really bother doing so with Ratatouille (not that this was a surprise since we always knew it was a clone) or (especially) Frozen, it's unlikely they'd do it with Coco either.

I disagree that they didn't bother fitting Ratatouille well into World Showcase...we got an entirely new street area with other shops along with the ride and made the France pavilion a lot more interesting.

You can argue whether a ride based on a rodent at Disney is a bad thing, but it seems to be a pretty popular thing to do 😅

aladdin2007

I disagree that they didn't bother fitting Ratatouille well into World Showcase...we got an entirely new street area with other shops along with the ride and made the France pavilion a lot more interesting.

You can argue whether a ride based on a rodent at Disney is a bad thing, but it seems to be a pretty popular thing to do 😅
I agree, but they added no new shops in the design. The crepe place should have been the rat store, the pavilion did not need more dining. Instead they chuffed the merch into one small tight corner of an already existing shop nowhere near the ride. Just way too many people for that, they don't think this stuff through very well anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom