What's it cost?

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Look around your local hometown for 5k and 10k's. Im not saying Disney is setting you up for failure, but you can participate in 10 local events for the price of 1 Disney event. You might also find some local people that are trying to achieve the same goal as you and meet some new people. It is easier to reach a goal for some if they have a little person motivation to meet for walk/run groups, and that Disney event that is so expensive that might get pushed back and back due to money. Local events for $20 does the same thing and I would bet you have the same satisfaction since most local events support charities.

Just a thought.

I did a 5k here last summer (walked it) and I'm doing the same 5k again this summer but maybe I can jog it this time. Our "fun run" 5k are $35-$55 each which is comparable to the Disney ones (except the expense of going to WDW). But I'd like to incorporate the Disney runs into my annual vacation to The World...eventually :)

ScarletBegonias

Holy cow these races are expensive! I've always thought about combining a race with our trip to WDW, but we are already spending so much on hotels, food, driving there. I have no idea if I could ever jusitfy these kind of race fees. My 2013 marathon price was $80. So almost $200 seems insane!

JillC LI

Holy cow these races are expensive! I've always thought about combining a race with our trip to WDW, but we are already spending so much on hotels, food, driving there. I have no idea if I could ever jusitfy these kind of race fees. My 2013 marathon price was $80. So almost $200 seems insane!

Just noticed your signature block - congratulations!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom