Whats Happened at CBR.?

coachwnh

Only stayed there once (pirate rooms over thanksgiving a few years back) and we liked it. We didn't mind the walks and our room was a good walk from the main pool area and lobby. Thought it was a relaxing and peaceful resort.

PhilharMagician

IMHO CBR is the last moderate resort to stay in. The rooms are way past refurb time, the Custom's house is way too far away from some areas and should have been more centered within the resort and the food options are the least appealing compared to PO and CSR. I have stayed there a few times and the first time was because I booked my vacation there the next few times was because we could not get a room in any other moderate. I would not stay there unless I had no other choice. The resort is not awful, but not up to par with it's comparable resorts.

NX2I85

I haven't stayed at CBR in years, but I can see where it would be in sore need of a makeover. When staying there I paid extra to be near Port Royale. It was a real treat to rest in the hammocks just outside the building we were staying in. The room itself was (even then) a bit below my expectations of what a WDW moderate should be. Having said that, if they are offering a discount of any substance on CBR then I am willing to try it again

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Question...Why has the CBR went down in price? Last year it was the most expensive moderate resort to stay at.But next year it's almost $1000 less than PORS or FQ. Thats based on 14 nights..:confused:
Simple answer? Cuz it suxx.

As you can probably tell we did not have a good time when we stayed there last year. It was a major disappointment. I would consider staying at a value resort before doing cbr again.

danpam1024

I priced out several stays last year and am pretty sure that, in the States, CBR always came out as the least expensive Moderate Resort. (My memory is foggy but I thought it was about $100 less for a week pricing just the room only.) Maybe they had different pricing for you U.K. folks!:D
When I did it CBR was $150 cheaper for 5 days. I would have to agree it is probably because it needs queen beds :)

Nemo14

Simple answer? Cuz it suxx.

As you can probably tell we did not have a good time when we stayed there last year. It was a major disappointment. I would consider staying at a value resort before doing cbr again.
we said the same thing last time. We had better bus service and better food at Pop for a lot less money.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
So what I'm hearing from some of you is that with regard to the upkeep and theming (Nemo? Really?) at CBR, Disney has really "shipped the bed"? ;)

This is an instant classic. I can't believe the execs at KMart approved this when it was brought to them, but I commend them for putting it through.
Marketing genius and funny as all he!!

RonAnnArbor

I'll pipe in to say that the only time I will stay at CBR is when POFQ or RIV are overbooked and not available which has been twice in the past 5 years -- While the rooms could use some refreshing, they are not horrible. They are clean and neat, and pretty much the way all the moderates have always been until the most recent refurb. People who have never been there before would never know the difference.

BUT -- the resort is so spread out and huge that from 80% of the rooms you need to take a shuttle bus just to get to breakfast or the pool -- its totally inconvenient. Even the furthest rooms at RIV for example are still only a short reasonable (and pretty) walk to the main building and even closer to the pool(s).

Plus, CBR is just huge -- its the last resort for most people who book moderates, so coupled with the fact that it has all those rooms and its the least popular, it usually has the best discounted rates.

For the record, for most of the year room discounts for passholders or bouncebacks run:
5 to 10% for POFQ (the most popular moderate by far, now that the secret is out, which I'm kinda sad about)
20% for RIV (sometimes 25-30% off peak)
30% for CBR and COR

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom