Whats Happened at CBR.?

MouseDreaming

Let's see, the only mod left with full sized beds, and if what we hear on these boards is true, rooms that need to be updated. That sort of discount is what it would take for me to at least look at that resort.

PUSH

It's the one moderate that has not been updated in the past year or two. PORS, POFQ, and I believe CSR have all been updated (including queen beds). It's still a decent resort (we have family members staying there in June while we stay at POR), but it's not up to par with the other moderates as of now.

ParentsOf4

Question...Why has the CBR went down in price? Last year it was the most expensive moderate resort to stay at.But next year it's almost $1000 less than PORS or FQ. Thats based on 14 nights..:confused:
I priced out several stays last year and am pretty sure that, in the States, CBR always came out as the least expensive Moderate Resort. (My memory is foggy but I thought it was about $100 less for a week pricing just the room only.) Maybe they had different pricing for you U.K. folks!:D

luv

The grounds are gorgeous. The landscaping, paint jobs, all of it...couldn't be nicer. But the rooms, which I haven't been in for over a year, needed some serious help when I was last in them.

The less popular places will always be cheaper. Word is out about the slightly garish, mildly run-down rooms at CBR. They should go back to the old, colorful bedspreads and get rid of all that Nemo stuff. And they need new carpet, new bars for the closets, new curtains (that don't clash).

CBR rooms need work.

But the place is wonderful to walk through. :)

mickey2008.1

CBR beautiful on the outside, but once you open the door to your room, close your eyes. Just run down and hit. Why would anyone want to stay there when you can stay at newly refurbed places that at the time were the same price. It's only $100 cheaper for seven nights, not good enough for me in that condition.

polymissy

All of the moderate resorts (with the exception of the cabins at FW) start with the same rack rate pricing for standard rooms. If you book a Royal Guest Room at POR, for example, it will cost significantly more than a standard room at CBR, but the stabdard rooms wpuld cost the same. Does the pricing you are looking at include a room discount? When Disney releases their special offers, they base the discounted percentage based on availability. With the large size of CBR, they have a much heftier summer discount this year than POFQ, which is only discounted 5%.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I have to whisper, so listen carefully, there are reasons. Stay with PORS. I hope none of the CBR lovers are online right now ;).
Should've quietly passed a note, I love CBR and I heard you!! :p In all seriousness we enjoy CBR a great deal. To us the atmosphere and location are wonderful. I realize it is our opinion alone however and tastes may vary. The only deluxe that really interests me, would be Wilderness Lodge although the wife would like to try GF. We gave one value a chance, Pop Century, and we didn't like it at all. I would like larger beds at CBR but we are pretty much park commandos so hardly move when we sleep anyway. I think it could be better, but we love it just the same.

luv

Should've quietly passed a note, I love CBR and I heard you!! :p In all seriousness we enjoy CBR a great deal. To us the atmosphere and location are wonderful. I realize it is our opinion alone however and tastes may vary. The only deluxe that really interests me, would be Wilderness Lodge although the wife would like to try GF. We gave one value a chance, Pop Century, and we didn't like it at all. I would like larger beds at CBR but we are pretty much park commandos so hardly move when we sleep anyway. I think it could be better, but we love it just the same.
It's a wonderful place! Except for the rooms, which need work, CBR is my overall favorite of the mods. :)

BoarderPhreak

CBR has a lot of potential, but it needs some TLC. While they're at it, they should take the Garish Factor(TM) down from 11 to maybe 7 or so. Leave for for the Pop resorts. ;)

Nevertheless, CBR is huuuge. It loses some of that intimacy that the other resorts have, IMO. It's also a bit of a pain to walk to the main buildings (food, shop, lobby) and bus stops. POR is better in this regard but not by a lot. It does beat CBR in probably all other ways though.

luv

CBR has a lot of potential, but it needs some TLC. While they're at it, they should take the Garish Factor(TM) down from 11 to maybe 7 or so.
Garish Factor. Lol. :)

Agreed. Before they changed the rooms into clashing, garish Nemo rooms, it was my favorite mod. And from the outside, it still is. :)

Nemo14

We stayed there with our kids several times when it was new, and we loved it, so DH and I went back alone a year or 2 ago. The grounds are still gorgeous, but the food court and bus service was terrible, and the rooms....YUCK!! I even asked them why a Nemo theme in a Caribbean resort, and they didn't understand the whole Australia thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom