**What You Are Able To Take On Rides, HELP!**

birdie4015

I take my backpack on all the rides and have a great time. i have it packed full sometimes, depending on who I go with. If i go on something fast, or upside down I put my leg through the one arm part and it's fine.

Phonedave

IOne other big tip I tell people is that you may want to bring a plastic zip lock bag for your wallet, cellphones and other electronics on water rides just to keep them safe and dry.
Have a great trip :wave:

Good tip.

I tell people the same. However I am a big fan of Aloksacs

http://www.loksak.com/products

Basicly they are ziploc bags on steriods. They are designed and made to keep things dry. I use them all the time at things like my local pool, the beach, water parks, etc. I have put my cell phone in them and went swimming in the ocean - came out bone dry. When I am at the pools or a water park I stick my phone, some cash, and a credit card in one (and then use a pocket with a velcro closure :) )

The other thing about them is they are not expensive. Google for them, and you can find them all over the internet for about $2 or $3 a bag. Kind of expensive if you are going to use them to pack your lunch :) but they are a small investment to keep things dry. They also make bigger ones that you can stick a camera in (but not take pictures though, those bags with the lense panel cost more, and I still dont trust them - ill keep my waterproof case instead, thank you :) )

-dave

protiius

actually the lockers at universal are only free (for one hour) when they're next to a ride that you can't take bags on...if you choose to ride certain attractions (such as dudley doo-right etc) where you might get your bag wet then they will charge you (however, if you've got resort keys and can skip the queues then you will have enough time to drop your bags off outside duelling dragons and still make it to dudley doo-right)...

hope that helps...

RiversideBunny

Travel as light as you can. Use as small a backpack as you can get by with if you have to have one.

Inside the parks you can buy food and snacks.
Look at each item you plan to carry and imagine that it weighs 100 pounds. Would you really take it?

Good luck.
:)

Boray

They are free for one hour. :wave:

When I was there in October, the lockers (and this was told to me by some manager-type employee that was outside of The Mummy Ride) are on a code system that is based on the current wait time. It allows for 15 min. past the current posted wait time. I went on MIB with a posted wait time of 10 min. I put my backpack in the "free" locker and proceeded to ride the attraction. Well, it took 15 min to ride. I came back out and the system had locked everyone out and stated that everyone had to pay $2 to get their items out (every touch screen stand was affected in the MIB area) because they had "overstayed the free alloted time", which of course was untrue. The woman in front of me had locked her wallet in the locker and had no cash to get her locker open!!! I loaned her $2 and she was able to open her locker (yes, she paid me back) and I paid another $2 to open my locker. By this time, I was very angry. It had taken an additional 15 or so min to just get everything out. I went to complain but the employees working the area were so overwhelmed that I was going to have to wait a considerable amount of time to be heard by any of them.

We then proceeded to The Mummy where I explained all of this to the manager (as mentioned above) and expressed my extreme disappointment. He wrote up a reimbursement form for me (to take to guest services for my $2 refund) arranged for my family to have a free locker for an infinate amount of time, and then took us up the back stairs to get front of the line access to The Mummy. He apologized profusely and explained that the system had been having glitches recently. He did a great job of handing the situation. I did go to Guest Services about an hour later, only to be at the end of a 20+ person line. I think many of them were there for the same reason I was. I gave up on the reimbursement.

I would recommend taking the bare essentials and carrying everything on you for Universal / IOA. It's just not worth it to take a backpack.

krankenstein

When I was there in October, the lockers (and this was told to me by some manager-type employee that was outside of The Mummy Ride) are on a code system that is based on the current wait time. It allows for 15 min. past the current posted wait time. I went on MIB with a posted wait time of 10 min. I put my backpack in the "free" locker and proceeded to ride the attraction. Well, it took 15 min to ride. I came back out and the system had locked everyone out and stated that everyone had to pay $2 to get their items out (every touch screen stand was affected in the MIB area) because they had "overstayed the free alloted time", which of course was untrue. The woman in front of me had locked her wallet in the locker and had no cash to get her locker open!!! I loaned her $2 and she was able to open her locker (yes, she paid me back) and I paid another $2 to open my locker. By this time, I was very angry. It had taken an additional 15 or so min to just get everything out. I went to complain but the employees working the area were so overwhelmed that I was going to have to wait a considerable amount of time to be heard by any of them.

We then proceeded to The Mummy where I explained all of this to the manager (as mentioned above) and expressed my extreme disappointment. He wrote up a reimbursement form for me (to take to guest services for my $2 refund) arranged for my family to have a free locker for an infinate amount of time, and then took us up the back stairs to get front of the line access to The Mummy. He apologized profusely and explained that the system had been having glitches recently. He did a great job of handing the situation. I did go to Guest Services about an hour later, only to be at the end of a 20+ person line. I think many of them were there for the same reason I was. I gave up on the reimbursement.

I would recommend taking the bare essentials and carrying everything on you for Universal / IOA. It's just not worth it to take a backpack.

Huh, that's interesting! I haven't been to Universal in a few years (I'll be returning in a about a week). When I was last there, it was an hour, but I'm really glad you posted the policy change. That really puts a stop to me even thinking about taking a bag in. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom