What would you get rid of?

jayhawk2307

Original Poster
With so many threads out there asking questions like "What ride do you miss" and what ride you would bring back if you could etc. I'm going to go in the opposite direction and ask what ride would you get rid of at WDW. For me it would be Stitch's Great Escape its just such a huge downgrade from AE.

Gagesmom314

With so many threads out there asking questions like "What ride do you miss" and what ride you would bring back if you could etc. I'm going to go in the opposite direction and ask what ride would you get rid of at WDW. For me it would be Stitch's Great Escape its just such a huge downgrade from AE.

The Tomorrowland Speedway. I don't think it fits at all.

Off topic but GO KU!!!!!!!!!!

rimousefan84

I could not agree more with you on getting rid of Stitch's Great Escape! Call me sinister but I kind of enjoyed the crying kids as they got off of AE and the look that people gave the parents who brought them on the ride lol. But, since you already stole the one I would get rid of, I'm going to have to choose another one. Star Tours. I'm a bit of a star wars fan but no where neeeeeeear a fanatic. With that being said I have to say it is completely outdated and just not enjoyable to ride anymore. The ride is lucky that the options at MGM are limitted so people go on it because it is "something to do"

C&D

Another subjective thread, which eventually will end up in arguments and digression. Wouldn't it be better to look at this objectively, if in fact the object of the original thread is to lock onto the attractions that need to be closed, to look at the lines in the Parks to see who doesn't frequent which attraction when.

mpoppins76

I would also have to say Stitch. AE was awesome! And you kind of knew going in, that it was going to be really scary. Now that they've added the Stitch factor, I think alot more kids are going on it w/ the families thinking it's not going to be that scary.

happymom52003

Another subjective thread, which eventually will end up in arguments and digression. Wouldn't it be better to look at this objectively, if in fact the object of the original thread is to lock onto the attractions that need to be closed, to look at the lines in the Parks to see who doesn't frequent which attraction when.

Yeah, it will probably be the same posters who usually like to argue...we all know who they are.
I on the other hand, really like hypothetical questions like this. I think they are fun. I too would get rid of Stitches Great Escape.

MissM

My contentious pick: Country Bear Jamboree. *shudders* I find that thing terribly creepy. I know it's a favorite for a lot of people but man, not me.

My more waste-of-a-lot-space pick: Backlot Tour. Used to be cool. Now it's LAME and takes up valuable real estate in a park that doesn't have anywhere near enough to do. It's so sad right now, it's like watching something decay.

My makeover that failed pick: Stitch's Great Escape. Yes, they were trying to make it more kid friendly. In the process though, it's still frightening to kids but now it's boring to adults.

My just close it already pick: the entire Wonders of Life Pavilion. Just let the poor thing die already. Another case of wasted space and rotting corpse of a pavilion.

My "duh" pick: Sounds Dangerous. I mean, really. In a world of DTS at home, and iPods everywhere else, do we really need an attraction where you sit with headphones on in the dark and listen to sound effects that were cool 15 years ago? Um, no.

So, there's some of my choices.
-m

Eyorefan

I would agree with everything that has been said already so into the mix I would like to throw the Winnie the Pooh ride. The one in DL is so much better for no other reason than it doesn't have those stupid honey pots.

MTWR lives!!!

CThaddeus

Well, let's see, I think Stitch's Great Escape runs rings around Alien Encounter, I love Country Bear Jamboree, I enjoy Sounds Dangerous, and I'd love to see Wonders of Life reopened on a permanent basis (with TLC provided, of course). So, I'm going to go against the grain and list my top 5 "to be killed" attractions:
1. Lights, Motors, Action - Loud, dumb, hot, and a pointless waste of an hour.
2. Test Track - The worst attraction in Epcot. I drive a car to the Park, I don't want to wait in line to do the same thing IN the Park.
3. Under New Management - Loud, dumb, and a pointless waste of 15 minutes. Bring back the original. At least that had class.
4. Journey Into Your Imagination with Figment - Bring back the original. I think Eric Idle is great, but he's wasted here, and Figment's voice is like nails on a chalkboard.
5. The audio and preshow for Rock n' Rollercoaster. Aerosmith and Figment's voice are tied for most grating audio in the Parks. And their acting is like cardboard. Yikes. At least the roller coaster is decent, if short.

stephdanielle

The Tomorrowland Speedway. I don't think it fits at all.
quote]

Agreed. I waited SO long for this when I was younger and was let down by it then...and it's only gotten worse in my opinion.

I disagree with everyone saying Sounds Dangerous...I like it! It's not as exciting or fast paced as some other things but its entertaining.

wvdisneyfamily

Absolutely SGE!!! I never got to ride AE, but SGE is so boring. Also, while this is not an attraction really, the Pooh's Playful Spot. It is a waste of space.

Yensid_Robert9

My three choices:
1.)By far SGE has to go. I never have seen that line longer than 10 minutes except during the busy season when it reached a wopping 25! I mean I know AE was too scary then, but how about now? With the way our society is going kids are getting less afraid of what their parents were afraid of! AE was an amazing attraction. I went on it twice when I was pretty young. But I will never forget the feeling I got while walking into the chamber. I really hope the Imagineers haven't killed any thought of bringing it back.
2.)And I totally agree with Pooh's Playful Spot, I mean you're in a theme park I know if I had kids and paid the money for a park ticket I wouldn't let them play in a theme park playground until they got on all the other rides they wanted to. I mean come on, aren't there playgrounds at the resorts!
3.)And finally Journey into Imagination! I remember the first version with Figment and Dream Finder was pretty cool, then when they changed it to imagination institute, awesome! But when figment came back, it all went down the drain.
I know I said 3 but I have a #4: SD W/ DC just get rid of it, from what I hear most returning guests (not all) go back to take advantage of the very dark room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom