What would you do?!

KTaylor

Original Poster
I promise this is the late thread I will make regarding food for this trip!!
Yesterday I booked our ADRS and since we couldn't get in Sanna and my whole family wants to eat together I booked what I thought would be 2 good choices for different reasons. So now I need to know which one to cancel! We will be in Animal Kingdom for the day and we don't have park hoppers because we never use them.

option 1:
Whispering Canyon Café @ 9:15PM. I have heard great things about whispering canyon and would love to try it, but we are staying at PORS and Animal Kingdom closes at 7 so we would have to find something to do for 2 hours and figure out how to get home after dinner at 10:30

option 2:
Boatwright's (PORS) @ 7:40PM. From what I have been reading the steaks are really good and the time is early enough that we could go putt-putt or swimming after dinner, but it seems a little I don't know...blah...for our first night at WDW.

So should we go for the safe bet and cancel WCC and explore our resort or have a late night with the kiddos for our first night?!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Cancel Boatwright's. It is by no means a bad restaurant, but there is noting all that special about it.

If you stay in the park until 7 you will be lucky to make it to WL by 8:00-8:30. You can check in early and most likely get a table earlier than your 9:15 ADR. Even if you don't get in early, it is very easy to kill an hour in the lobby.

The easiest way to get back will be a cab. WL is quite literally around the corner from PORS so it will probably be less than $20. If you want to use Disney Transportation take the boat to MK then a bus back to your resort.

Electricsoup

option 1:
Whispering Canyon Café @ 9:15PM. I have heard great things about whispering canyon and would love to try it, but we are staying at PORS and Animal Kingdom closes at 7 so we would have to find something to do for 2 hours and figure out how to get home after dinner at 10:30
!

If you're willing to play along with with the servers, then definitely do Whispering Canyon. It's one of our favorite places on property to eat, and the servers are fun, funny and they play with you all during dinner. Also, make sure you get something requiring ketchup.

KTaylor

Original Poster
If you're willing to play along with with the servers, then definitely do Whispering Canyon. It's one of our favorite places on property to eat, and the servers are fun, funny and they play with you all during dinner. Also, make sure you get something requiring ketchup.

We are a rather large and loud family so I think we would have a blast I only worry about it being so late.

sfeinst

Never ate at Boatwrights, but i have eaten at Whispering Canyon and it was fantastic. The food is good BBQ type food, but the waiters and waitresses made the day. They were very funny. Just be thin skinned and enjoy the fun.

belledream

Option 1 is exactly what we're doing after our AK day (though AK closes at 5 for us so we'll be a few hours ahead of you so I can't speak for the time issue). After you're done at AK, take the bus to WL and if you have time to kill, you can definitely do that WL. There are walking trails, a geyser, a really freakin' cool lobby, etc. You won't be bored. Afterwards, we're just planning to catch a bus from MK. Not the fastest journey, but we make do.

Another alternative since you're staying at PORS is to eat/shop/play at Downtown Disney after you're done at AK. Something for everyone and you're not pushing everyone to their limits after a long first day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom