what would you do??????

bigmayn01

Original Poster
If you were given the opportunity to do anything at all at WDW, whether it be remove or add to the resort what would you do?

Personally,Id make a park and call it WDW:Classic and it would be specifically built for all the rides/attractions that were retired in the other parks.

wdwrules

1. have monorail extend to all parks

2. add bk to animal kingdom

3. i like the idea of combining the sea and land and adding a hurricane type ride

4. bring back timekeeper

Lance

I would make Animal Kingdom a much better park, add a lot more attractions!

An Arabian/Agrabah/Aladdin themed resort.

Monorail Expansion!

I also agree, I would concentrate on improving the current WDW parks.

And I would build a Private residence for myself in Fort Wilderness!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I'd set up my apartment in the 3 floor of Cinderella's Castle.. and I'd also remove speedway, bring back keel boats, remove timekeeper and put Dreamflight back there, bring back all of the cool old shops on main street, make toontown a REAL land, and bring back Mr. Toads.. and that's MK alone.. you can imagine the rest.

BTW.. i'd also bring back Toy Story Parade and have it run at 12 noon thru MGM.

what else.... think think think

i'd destroy ToD, and bring back ToN... and on weekends, no ToN.. instead the MSEP will start from the american adventure and venture around WS and end back @ AA.. however, I'd add a Small World unit to appease the rest of the world.

Grim Grinner

If I could, I would create a time machine that would allow visitors to visit their favorite year of the 'World. That way, you'd be able to ride both Imagination rides, Mr. Toad AND Pooh..... and end it all with a nice leisurely Skyway ride.

Call me a freak, but I love the older ride and more personal theming. As such, I'd remove Aladdin, as Adventureland was perfect without it. I must say that that land is always the first one I enter off of Main Street. Why? Because the nature of the attractions are more immersive... Aladdin is a ride and nothing more. Everything else is so much more...

I would add a Matterhorn to Epcot.

I would prevent Disney from over-extending itself by building parks in every country out there. It makes the company extremely vulnerable.

I would have custom rooms for all the WDWmagic members so we could easily find each other and talk and exchange cool Disney knowledge in person.

Would cloning Walt be an evil idea?

DigitalDisney

I'd ...
- Set up an exclusive apartment for me at all WDW resorts(esp Poly, WL, BC, and BW)
- Add Tokyo Disney Sea as a 5th park
- Modernize all of the old rides with new technology (new soundtracks, effects, AA, etc.)
- Reopen the Skyway
- Reopen 2KLeagues
- Move Mission Space to Tomorrowland (between Skyway and CoP) and leave Horizons
- Remove tombstones from Epcot entrance plaza
- Remove Ellen from Ellen's Energy Adventure :)
- Extend Test Track with another mile of high-speed turns and hills
- Bring back the original JII and Image Works, and modernize them with new effects and such
- Bring back the Millennium Pavilion in WS
- Add Switzerland and the Matternhorn to WS
- Add Africa to WS (a water ride through the jungles would be good here)
- Move the dang Sorcerer's Hat from the middle of MGM to the middle of Animation Courtyard
- Replace Doug with Superstar Television
- Add an Indy Jones coaster or dark ride to MGM
- Add BK and all concept rides/attractions to AK
- Leave AK open at night and introduce night-safaris

WDW-Imagineer

Since no one else seems to be going to the other thread... I'll add my two cents.

Update all existing parks.

Eventually Add Florida Disney Sea as the 5th park.

Upgrade the Monorail System

Add a couple more water parks

Add Matterhorn in Epcot

Add another land in MK with Fire Mountain

Add Beastly Kingdom.

Dizknee_Phreek

i would redo everything to where it was exactly how it was on May 2000...bring back the Millenium Celebration and all (the original TON!) of course, i'd make a few changes. bring JII back...was Horizons still around then? if not i'd bring that back. Animal Kingdom Lodge would already be built. i would have my own personal room at Dixie Landings, Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge. i'd bring back DreamFlight. and the way Innoventions was before the Millenium. lemme think.... :brick: hmmmmm....i would take out the 'tombstones' as someone called them in front of SSE and put the flowerbeds back, and i'd also take down the EPCOT thingy from SSE...the 2000 looked so great up there, but the Epcot thingy does nothing for me. every park would stay open until midnight every night. Star Wars Weekends would be at least a 2 month thing instead of a 1 month thing. i'd bring back SkyWay. and, of course, in May 2000 Adventureland was still the way i liked it, so no changes there.
AND last but most certainly not least, i would easily find the CM i've been searching for for over a year, lol ;)

- I forgot one little thing...I'd bring back my most fave WDW band, Nova Era! Nothing's the same without them at DW!! Italy just isn't as fun without them!

sillyspook13

Originally posted by DigitalDisney
I'd ...

- Leave AK open at night and introduce night-safaris

NNNOOOOO!!!!!!!! Night safaris are evil!!!! Trust me, my brother drove night safaris for the past two years.

MarkP8

Since DigitalDisney was so thorough, I would like to reiterate a couple of their recommendations:

- Remove tombstones from Epcot entrance plaza
- Move the dang Sorcerer's Hat from the middle of MGM to the middle of Animation Courtyard

And add a couple of my own:

- Bring back the crystal/acrylic sculpture in front of Spaceship Earth.
- Get rid of the signage on Spaceship Earth. It was fine for the Millennium Celebration, but now it's just plain tacky.
- Do something charming with the Bavarianesque Skyway entrance, but don't get rid of it. Even another shop (oh, the agony!) would do. Geppetto's Toy Shop, or something.

Above all, stop going by the capitalistic theory of "space available". Some of the most beautiful sites at WDW are becoming very cluttered, where beautiful open areas with flowers and topiary used to be.

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by MarkP8

Above all, stop going by the capitalistic theory of "space available". Some of the most beautiful sites at WDW are becoming very cluttered, where beautiful open areas with flowers and topiary used to be.

MarkP8, You've been reading my mind (now stop it!!:)) I would also like to have the open spaces back! I'm tired of them tearing down flowerbeds, fountains, etc and putting in more "revenue generating" areas!

Chris

I would extend the Monorail to all parks and resorts. The busses are kind of efficient but they take to long and can't carry enough people. I would also add more countries to EPCOT. I really enjoy the International Food and Wine Festival because there is a wider variety of international food to choose from. More countries would bring in a lot more great restaurants.

Debbie

Put back MrToad
Concentrate getting more countries in WS
Matterhorn in Epcot
The water ride previously mentioned with Africa joining WS
Rebuild World of Motion and Horizons
My own Polynesian Hut on Discovery Island/ with crawfish pond
Add Cajun Country to WS--- Put an alligator ride and Mardi Gras parade complete with beads, and cajun food---we cook the best!
Put 'star a day' back in MGM--remember when a celebrity would be there every day
Put Superstar television back
put Monster soundshow back complete with Chevy Chase and Martin Short
redo C of Progress utilize the blank room with just the name on the curtain and put another era in

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by MarkP8

I COMPLETELY agree!! and I must say, turning half of Adventureland into Agrabah and putting a magic carpet ride right in the middle of where everyone walks is a perfect example of this! it was a nifty concept, and the ride really is fun...but not for there! am i the only one that thinks Adventureland looks really stupid now? i mean, you have all the original tropical stuff, and right in the middle of that is a somewhat cartoony Agrabah? i'm sorry, but it just totally ruined the whole atmosphere for me. like i said, i loved the concept, but anywhere but there! they could've put it on the other side of the train tracks for all i care, but not where they did!! i used to love being in Adventureland and going to all the shops in the Traders of Timbuctu (sp?) area...but now i just stay on the Pirates end as much as i can, just to avoid the painful memories of what used to be :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom