What will we like about the Beach Club Villas?

dukehoopsfan

Original Poster
We own at SSR - but just booked our vacation for July at the Beach Club Villas. We are really excited - because I had heard that it was one place that was difficult to get into!

What will our family (myself, DH, DD-20, and DS-almost 14) like/love about the the BCV? What shouldn't we miss seeing/doing?

Thanks! :wave:

Computer Magic

1. Counter Service at Hannah Grill
  2. The pool
  3. Movie night on the beach
  4. Sea Racers
  5. Walk to Boardwalk
  6. Hair Cut
  7. Beaches n Cream for Ice Cream, Shakes, the kitchen sink, hamburgers
  8. Arcade
  9. The water slide

dvcnut39

Everything listed above plus-

1.) Cape May Buffet for dinner

2.) Just walking around The Boardwalk at night- my favorite

3.) Riding The Friendship boats- my dream job

4.) Checking out the beautiful artwork at Wyland's

Ghall

All of the above and it's a great location. It's only a 5/10 minute walk from the Villas to the International Gateway entrance to Epcot. It's only a 5 minute boat ride to Disney Hollywood Studies. The quite swimming pool at the Villas is great when Stormalong Bay gets to crowded. You have a great choice of restaurants in the Beach Club resort, Yacht Club and the Boardwalk, all within easy walking distance. Also you have the Beach Club Marketplace where you can purchase sundries, suncare, candy, some snacks etc. and where you can get refills on you resort refillable mugs. The Bayside Marina is great for boat rentals. You can walk around to the Boardwalk, rent one of the Surrey Bikes for 4/6 people. You can pedal your way around the Crescent lakeover to the Beach/Yacht Club.

dukehoopsfan

Original Poster
Thank you for the great lists and ideas! :sohappy: I have printed them and already have them in my vacation planning folder!

I told my son about movie night on the beach - and that is #1 on his list and close behind is trying a kitchen sink! We have wanted to try one the first time we saw Samantha Brown order one.

mags11

One of our favorite things about BCV, Going to see Illuminations and then while the thousands of spectators crowd toward the main entrance...you take a leisurely, uncrowded stroll with a few dozen others back to your resort. Really nice.
:animwink:

Ghall

The Kitchen Sink in Beaches and Cream is really good but you won't eat for a week after you order one! There was 5 of us and we couldn't finish it. When you order it, the server shouts out to the rest of the restaurant that these poor souls are going to attempt to eat a kitchen sink. We even had other diners taken pictures of our Kitchen Sink.

Computer Magic

The Kitchen Sink in Beaches and Cream is really good but you won't eat for a week after you order one! There was 5 of us and we couldn't finish it. When you order it, the server shouts out to the rest of the restaurant that these poor souls are going to attempt to eat a kitchen sink. We even had other diners taken pictures of our Kitchen Sink.
That's what makes me laugh when I saw Samantha Brown order one. The kitchen sink weighs more then her. :ROFLOL:

dukehoopsfan

Original Poster
We love the freshly-made Gelato at the Marketplace. When we stayed there we had at least one every day!

Well, that one just made it to #1 on my daughter's list!! She isn't a big "pool" person compared to our son - so I imagine her sitting outside in shade eating her Gelato while our son swims and slides!

TwoTigersMom

If you have the time and a little extra dough to spend, I highly recommend a fishing excursion fishing from the YC Marina. The 7am excursion takes you into EPCOT! It lasts right at 2 hours and everything you need will be provided. You'll catch a ton of fish. My 7 year old could barely get his line into the water before reeling in another 2-3 lb bass.

pacochran

Storm a long Bay swimming pool is great, my kids love it.

Also do Beaches N Cream and the Kitchen Sink. We did it this year and it was great.

Cape May we've done every year, but this past year for some reason we didn't find it as good as in prior years.

JohnWeckwerth

My daughters really liked the campfires on the beach and making smores. Then watching Camp Rock on the beach. That and the pools were great. Usually we go camping every year but skipped it for Disney so it was great that they were still able to do all their favorite camping activities.

dukehoopsfan

Original Poster
My daughters really liked the campfires on the beach and making smores. Then watching Camp Rock on the beach. That and the pools were great. Usually we go camping every year but skipped it for Disney so it was great that they were still able to do all their favorite camping activities.

Do they show different movies each evening? Or the same movie for a few nights in a row?

nybound

Since someone mentioned the Kitchen Sink, I thought I'd share.

Before

343641991_VFHDC-M.jpg

After

343642320_44yH2-M.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom