What will happen to the Electrical Parade after its current run?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
So I saw the Electrical Parade last night and not much has changed. It looks pretty clear that they want to make this the final run. So what will happen to it, will they store it, scrap it and save a few things? They removed the ballon from the tinker bell unit and added some flower pedals to the platform she stands on and now follows The ship and he old sign is back on the drum. They really didn't invest any money in this parade and didn't take the effort to have anything lead before Casey JR. They just brushed it up for this current run but that's about it.

Darkbeer1

About as close you get right now, the current TV ads for the parade in SoCal promoting it and the SoCal ticket specials says "ends June 18", nothing I have seen has clearly said "we are ending the parade for good" or words to that effect from Disney.

Darkbeer1

If this is "the last run" strap the big thunder TNT and let it Rip!

Come on, knowing Disney, they will recycle as much as they can, such as the float bodies, electrical devices, etc.... Just remove the Themed Show elements, seems like Block Party Bash! has similar shaped floats as Eureka!

No blowing up things that are worth money. Now if someone could come up with a special after hour event that made some money, maybe we could get one thing blowned up ;)

Phroobar

I agree. They will recycle it into other floats. Wouldn't it be cool if they took the floats to a dump in New Mexico in the middle of the night and buried them there just like Atari did with excess E.T. cartridges and other stuff. Then thirty years later some Disney fan site could launch some internet show to dig up the Main Street Electrical Parade.

Darkbeer1

In interviews from last night all the CM's interviewed kept mentioning June 18th... I think it truly will end then.

Once again, end in WHAT way..

As in never to be seen again at a DisneyParks location (aka figuratively blown up).

Or placed into storage as a replacement where needed, even if it is just for a refurb of the other Parade....

Back in the 90's when some of us bought/were given Light Bulbs, we were told that the parade was over for good (aka Blown Up). But it return, and maybe one reason why Disney words things the way they do today...

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Once again, end in WHAT way..

As in never to be seen again at a DisneyParks location (aka figuratively blown up).

Or placed into storage as a replacement where needed, even if it is just for a refurb of the other Parade....

Back in the 90's when some of us bought/were given Light Bulbs, we were told that the parade was over for good (aka Blown Up). But it return, and maybe one reason why Disney words things the way they do today...
Well if they said it was destroyed then that means Spectromagic could pop they those doors any day

D

Deleted member 107043

So I saw the Electrical Parade last night and not much has changed. It looks pretty clear that they want to make this the final run. So what will happen to it, will they store it, scrap it and save a few things? They removed the ballon from the tinker bell unit and added some flower pedals to the platform she stands on and now follows The ship and he old sign is back on the drum. They really didn't invest any money in this parade and didn't take the effort to have anything lead before Casey JR. They just brushed it up for this current run but that's about it.

Not surprised, and I wasn't expecting anything special about this run. I never thought I would say this, but frankly I'm done with the MSEP at any park, and I'm a little bit annoyed that Disney management went against its promise to never bring it back to Disneyland. Fingers crossed that Paint the Night comes back this summer and we're finally done with it.

AndyS2992

They should send it Disneyland Paris for the summer and have it be a part of the 25th anniversary as the Electrical Parade was part of DLP right from day one. And then they can destroy it.

Watch Paint the Night and look how clean and modern it all looks and then look at the Electrical Parade, it's so dated and tired and needs to be put down or given a huge modern overhaul with updated floats and characters.

Last edited:

doctornick

Whatever the plans are for the future, I hope it is retained and kept in usable condition somewhere. It is such a classic that it should continue to exist and be able to be enjoyed. I'm skeptical that Disney would want to spend the money in storage, but I'd love to see it come one a few times a year on special occasions.

IMFearless

I agree, it should be preserved for historic value and just be brought out for nostalgic celebrations from time to time.

Personally, I think the limited cost of storage would be worth it, as it is a big part of Disney history.

The issue is not really the electrical parade itself but the lack of a new parade.

I'm sure there is value in running it now and again for special occasions in the various castle parks worldwide - it is the fact that it has outstayed its welcome at WDW that has led to this feeling of wanting something new to see.

Personally, I would be delighted to see a brand new nighttime parade at MK now, but then to bring back the MSEP for a few months for WDW's 50th to celebrate how it all started.

There does not have to be an old vs new argument - we can enjoy the new and celebrate the old - it really needn't be either or.

It would be like saying that when you grow up and leave home, you may want to move on and try new things, but most people don't want to burn their childhood home to the ground and never return to it again. It's okay to move on and remember where you came from.

They're not going to completely end a parade that has been an icon parade for so long. Sure they will put it on hiatus and in storage until they feel people are itching to view it all again with maybe a few added touches in the future.

The MSEP was paid for forty years ago. I think they got their money out if it.
Still Disney in the past has a very difficult time just demolishing something, especially something that has brought enjoyment for so many years. Just go to Mickey's Backyard BBQ and take a stroll to the bathroom and walk a little further and you will see what i mean. There is the falling apart River Country right back there that you can sneak a peek at or at least you could several years back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom