What was the most memorable trip report you ever read?

SSH

Original Poster
I LOVE reading trip reports! I am so appreciative to all of you who invest the effort of writing and posting them. They are such a fascinating window into all the different ways we can vacation in the same place and the tips are invaluable. Every single one deserves a big thank you.

However, there are a few authors that are special favorites - I re-read all theirs several times - especially before trips and actually bookmark them. It may be because of storytelling talent. Gorgeous pics. Or more often, just due to the person's personality that makes you see a familiar park in new ways or think: "Now that's someone I'd LOVE to do WDW with."

These gems get pushed to the back of the forum and lost as new reports are continuously posted. I was hoping this could be a "Throwback Thursday" sort of thing: perhaps a few people could chime in to volunteer their favorite authors or TRs - giving the writer a deserved extra shout out and offering newer members a chance to catch standouts they might have missed?

(If already done on the boards, my apologies: I did a search and it didn't come up. Just link me to that thread and I'll go away.) Otherwise...I'll go first...

Just three that are top of mind at the moment (There are others I love too, but I don't want to hog the thread...and many more I'm sure I've missed, just 'cause I didn't see them yet:)
Prfctly Impact
Longers
Draybook

Whose TR made the biggest impact on you? :)

BigHero4

SSH

Original Poster
Thanks S_A. I knew someone had to have already started a thread like this, but it didn't come up when I searched. Maybe we should move this conversation over there and keep that one going? Wish we could make it a sticky on the TRIP REPORTS forum, so people could keep nominating new favorites.

draybook

I'm with you. TR's help hold me over until our next trip. I started this thread earlier this year, it might help: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/share-your-favorite-trip-report.899102/#post-6681957

There are some great ones out there and a ton of folks that are very talented at writing & photography (@UnhealthilyObsessed, @BuddyThomas, @Tony the Tigger, @draybook, @fractal, @lostpro9het, @SeaweedCupcake )... just to name a few as there are many other great ones out there!

Thank you very much! I admit that we've gotten lazy when it comes to photos, but I'm hoping to rectify that on our next trip in February.

BuddyThomas

I'm with you. TR's help hold me over until our next trip. I started this thread earlier this year, it might help: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/share-your-favorite-trip-report.899102/#post-6681957

There are some great ones out there and a ton of folks that are very talented at writing & photography (@UnhealthilyObsessed, @BuddyThomas, @Tony the Tigger, @draybook, @fractal, @lostpro9het, @SeaweedCupcake )... just to name a few as there are many other great ones out there!
Thanks so much!

Longers

I LOVE reading trip reports! I am so appreciative to all of you who invest the effort of writing and posting them. They are such a fascinating window into all the different ways we can vacation in the same place and the tips are invaluable. Every single one deserves a big thank you.

However, there are a few authors that are special favorites - I re-read all theirs several times - especially before trips and actually bookmark them. It may be because of storytelling talent. Gorgeous pics. Or more often, just due to the person's personality that makes you see a familiar park in new ways or think: "Now that's someone I'd LOVE to do WDW with."

These gems get pushed to the back of the forum and lost as new reports are continuously posted. I was hoping this could be a "Throwback Thursday" sort of thing: perhaps a few people could chime in to volunteer their favorite authors or TRs - giving the writer a deserved extra shout out and offering newer members a chance to catch standouts they might have missed?

(If already done on the boards, my apologies: I did a search and it didn't come up. Just link me to that thread and I'll go away.) Otherwise...I'll go first...

Just three that are top of mind at the moment (There are others I love too, but I don't want to hog the thread...and many more I'm sure I've missed, just 'cause I didn't see them yet:)
Prfctly Impact
Longers
Draybook

Thank you - I don't think my most recent was as good as my first as there was a lot going on at work but I saw it through to the end. Glad you enjoyed them as (like you say) they take ages to do - so it's good to know people are reading.
For me it was @prfctlyximprct as her TR inspired me to join this forum and then to write my own report.

sweetpee_1993

I'd second @fractal.

Also enjoyed @sweetpee_1993 and @tiaragirl's reports too.
Thank you. That means a lot to me. My brother, Jerry, who was in my 1st report I did here + a handful of others thru the years passed away on the 19th of last month. You can imagine how precious those reports are now. I'm most happy knowing how much HE enjoyed reading the reports. He loved them so much. I think having lost my brother, my writing and the things I've logged take on a whole new level of importance.

sweetpee_1993

Thank you. That means a lot to me. My brother, Jerry, who was in my 1st report I did here + a handful of others thru the years passed away on the 19th of last month. You can imagine how precious those reports are now. I'm most happy knowing how much HE enjoyed reading the reports. He loved them so much. I think having lost my brother, my writing and the things I've logged take on a whole new level of importance.
Sorry. He passed on Nov. 19th. I keep thinking today is December already. LOL!

TheMouseFan

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I can't even imagine what you are going through. I know how much time and effort you put into those reports. I'm so glad you have those memories down on paper to help you and your family relive some of the wonderful times you had together.

fractal

I'm so sorry for your loss Kelly.

prfctlyximprct

Prfctly Impact
Longers
Draybook

thank you!!!! :)

prfctlyximprct

Thank you - I don't think my most recent was as good as my first as there was a lot going on at work but I saw it through to the end. Glad you enjoyed them as (like you say) they take ages to do - so it's good to know people are reading.
For me it was @prfctlyximprct as her TR inspired me to join this forum and then to write my own report.
And your reports are awesome!!! So glad you joined and reciprocated the magic!!! I love your reports!!!

Longers

So sorry for your loss. My brother is very special to me and I get to show him my Disney holiday next year. I can't imagine not having him around.
I hope you get some comfort from reading your TR's back and re living the memories you shared together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom