what was the best WDW guest meltdown you've observed

Superpocky

This was a few years ago at Akershus. In the boy's bathroom, I saw a father (I am assuming), yelling at his all dressed up (seems like dressed up at BBB) daughter, who looked like about 10 years old. She was crying so loudly. I just did my business and walked right out. Maybe i should've said something? :geek:

Raineman

This thread is definitive proof that, not only do kids have meltdowns at WDW, just as many, if not more, adults do, too. I don't understand it-I've been to WDW three times, and I can't recall ever even having a slight disagreement with my family, or getting angry at a CM or other WDW employee. Even if your vacation starts going wrong, there still has to be positives you can focus on. Of course, neither myself, my DW or my DD are entitled idiots, so that helps.

hoffman1

The worst meltdown I have seen lately was probably me :oops:
We spent a week at WDW with my husband's parents and his sister and her family. To say it was a very trying week is an understatement.
I was by myself doing the airline check in at the resort. When the lady weighed my bag, it was 1.2lbs over. I wasn't upset. I asked how much the fee was. She told me and I told her it was fine--I would pay it (I only had one other bag and it was full). She was trying to be helpful and offered to help me move some things around. I told her again, I just wanted to pay the fee. She still insists she will help me. She starts unzipping my bag and lays it down and proceeds to shuffle through my dirty clothes! At this point I had enough. I said in a very loud voice "I have had the worst week of my life and I just want to pay the fee and get out of this place!!"
I turn to see my husband and his parent's standing behind me :banghead:
The flight and ride home from the airport with his parents was a little tense.

rob0519

I think this happened in July of 2015. We (wife and 3 adult children) were staying at the GF and had a fairly early (8:15, I think) ADR at Chef Mickey's. We get to the monorail entrance and see a sign that says the monorail will not be running that morning. Ok, so we walk over to the bus stop and wait. We'r told there will be a dedicated bus for GF guests to the CR.

The only people at the bus stop are us, one other couple and some CM from transportation services. Anyway, the bus isn't coming and it's getting close to 8:00. The husband of the other couple starts to complain to the CM about being late for their ADR at Chef Mickey's. The CM says the bus is coming, please be patient. Well, patient was not on the menu that morning. He started screaming about being late and how nothing was going right on this 10,000 vacation and he wanted a bus now. From his accent I'm assuming he was from the UK.Unfortunately, a bus marked Magic Kingdom shows up and this guy walks right on. The driver and CM try to tell him it's not our bus, but he won't listen and now he's standing on the bus yelling at both of them and telling his wife to get her a## on the bus. The poor woman was totally shaken up. Finally the driver says he'll make a stop at the CR. The wife gets on the bus and off they go. Thirty seconds later our bus pulls up. We are the only people on it and get to the CR in like 5 minutes.

I looked for them at Chef Mickey's, but couldn't find them. I really hope the rest of that poor woman's vacation went better.

disneyspirit

I've seen some good ones over my visits and wondered why folks bring young ones to Disney and subject them to a forced march through the parks.
One time I was at Cosmic Rays when I hear this lady getting loud with the CM. They told her she couldn't sit down at the tables unless she had food. She starts yelling What??!!! Are you serious????!!! You know how much we paid to be here and we can't even sit down!? My husband is on line! And my little royal darlings are tired and hungry! Bad enough we couldn't even see Cinderella in her castle and now this!?
It was really something.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I saw a pretty good one last week in the Emporium. Absentee father has the kids in a stroller that he hardly knows while trophy wife is away, but on the phone with him, it's raining and he's cursing up a blue streak while the kids are crying . He pushes his way through the crowd past the toothpick holders knocking about 6 of them down completely oblivious as he's giving her the what for on the phone. He drives forward out into the downpour crying kids and all and vanishes towards the tunnel with a continuous stream of invective.

carriebeth

Couple weeks ago. At Main Street Barber Shop. We had a first haircut reservation booked 180 days in advance. When we arrived there were several other groups waiting their turns as well. About 10 minutes into waiting a lady from another waiting group begins to go on how ridiculous the wait was and how her child had just about enough of the wait. Well a chair opened and someone other than impatient lady was called. She begins to freak and march over to the check in area. She expresses her dismay that someone other than she should be next. Cast Member explains to her that everyone else in the room had made appointments in advance....she was a walk in and would have to wait. She freaks out and says the same thing happened last year when they were there (she didn't learn you should have a reservation??). She stormed out but the husband said they would be right back. He leaves and they return. When it does get to be their turn the whole time she complained loudly how last year the barber had no idea what they were doing and no idea how to deal with kids. The kid didn't get his hair cut that day and they waited a whole year without cutting it waiting to do it at disney. I guess the kid had autism although it wasn't really apparent while I was around him...maybe the mother's behavior just made it impossible to see any abnormal behavior in him. The kids was probably 3ish although huge and weighed well over 100 lbs. He resisted the haircut but did get it done. I would imagine if I wanted something like a haircut to go well with an autistic child getting it done like monthly so the child knows what to expect and it becomes routine would be better than attempting it once a year at Disney with 1 million other stimuli that are out of the normal. But I don't have an autistic child so maybe I don't know. It was a good little fit out of the mom, though

sublimesting

"
Several years ago, me & DH were standing in line to check in at AKL. There was a family consisting of Grandma, Mom, & two boys that I guess were in the age range of 10-13 walk up to the desk & get in the guest services line. They seemed to be arguing when they walked up, but I wasn't really paying attention. Older boy finally pops off & tells Grandma she better give him his money or else. Grandma says no, as he had already spent all of his money for the trip. The boy then starts yelling at Grandma accusing her of lying & she better produce his money right that minute. Grandma holds firm, "No, I told you, you spent it all already." Boy then starts yelling "You better give me my f***ing money right now or I'm going to call family services and report you." At this point, the younger one starts in with the same line of crap. Went on for a good 10 minutes & the language that was being used by all four involved was definitely not family friendly. We finally got called up to the desk to check in & the poor girl behind the desk was absolutely mortified & started apologizing to us. We told her, it was ok, some people just forgot that they were in the most magical place on earth. We were trying to put her at ease that we knew none of the scene was her fault or the hotel. A manager had come out at that point & was talking to the family and they had quieted down. We had reserved a standard view room. After checking in & getting our keys & map, we get to the room & the front desk had upgraded us to a Arusha Savanna room. Best room we ever got upgraded to!
I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!"

BAChicagoGal

I haven't read every word of this thread up to this point, but I am drawn to the title. "Best" meltdown? I recently visited WDW with another family, and I witnessed the meltdown of a handicapped child. This child could not handle the stimulation/atmosphere of the Magic Kingdom, and began shaking, crying, and wanting to leave. I felt for the child. However, it was the reaction of the mom that upset me more. Instead of comforting the child, she ridiculed the child. I lost a whole lot of respect for the mom at that point. "Worst" meltdown, by the mom, not the child.

NelsonRD

Can I say- as an actual woman - I'm not afraid of creeps in public restrooms. Its never been a problem.

What is a problem is the pushy manly-men who creep on me when I interview for a job, or try to get my car fixed, or from the patients I see at my job every day.

Now can we please stop talking about women like they can't handle themselves and get back to people going crazy at WDW?

Ok, every time I see this thread, I am always afraid that somebody will be describing something I did out of complete ignorance, and didn't know that I did something completely dumb!

Heffalump333

About 2 years ago we arrived at Epcot about 6pm as we had reservations at The Rose & Crown later that night during Illuminations. There was a lot of shouting ahead of us outside Club Cool and as we got closer we saw a guy pinned down on the floor with his face kissing the pavement. There was a crowd of people looking upset with him and shouting and pointing whilst the guy kneeling on his back looked like he knew what he was doing and wasn't going to let him go. A lady was on the floor nearby very upset and dazed and a cast member was coming out of Club Cool telling us all to stay calm, to leave the area and that security were on the way.

Turned out some guy had been drinking too much and gone on a drunken rampage assualting people for some reason. He'd firstly wondered backstage into a CM office and attacked somebody and taken a pvc pipe from somewhere. He'd then entered Club Cool with the pipe and attacked guests and a CM. Fortunately an off duty marine had been present and subdued and restrained him, ending his fun for the night. The story made the media the following day.
Oh man I'm dying after this one. lol! :joyfull:

The_Jobu

-Read thread title
-Remember amusing incident
-Click on thread
-See recent debate
JdZbDDF.gif

G00fyDad

It would be nice to leave the bathroom crap out of the thread as it has ZERO to do with the topic at hand.... meltdowns at Disney.

I witnessed an incident at Cosmic Rays once when a couple toting their two children came down to the lower seating area near Sonny Eclipse and went for an open table. Another guest apparently saw the open table as well and started walking toward it. They all got there at the same time and the guy sat down with his tray. At first I thought that they were all together until the father of the other group exploded and began yelling at the guy that sat down. He was yelling and losing his mind over an empty table. The guy that sat down just shook his head and kept eating. This whole thing was made even more uncomfortable because there were empty tables all over the place. It was not even close to busy. LOL The guy wins Father of the Year and it's another magical Disney vacation for that family! :D

copcarguyp71

I guess technically it counts as a guest meltdown. While waiting for our flight home at MCO a husband/wife with two children were going at each other...apparently husband was unaware of how many charges were made to the room until the last day and was kind of losing his mind in a reserved low tone way at the Mrs over the room bill. We did not sit anywhere near them on the plane but I can assure you it would have been interesting to be a fly on the wall.

I have also seen similar situations while on a cruise ship on the last day when they slip the "bad news" under your cabin door and it is realized exactly how much drinks, shore excursions, trips to the spa and shopping onboard amounted to... I've seen what can only be described as the beginnings of needed marriage counseling on the last day of several cruises while sitting in the lounge or atrium.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom