What to wear when boarding??

tink66

Original Poster
I was thinking of wearing my bathing suit with a dress/coverup. Should I wear regular clothes then change into bathing suit?? dont know what is appropriate

Disneyfalcon

I was thinking of wearing my bathing suit with a dress/coverup. Should I wear regular clothes then change into bathing suit?? dont know what is appropriate

It doesn't matter really, but you'll probably be more comfortable changing onboard. Not too many people board in their swimsuits. They will take a picture of you as you board too. :)

Tiggerfanatic

Glad you asked that question because I was wondering the same thing. I know you can't get into your room right away, so there are facilities for changing after you board?

Disneyfalcon

Glad you asked that question because I was wondering the same thing. I know you can't get into your room right away, so there are facilities for changing after you board?

Your rooms are ready at 1:30, so we've never wanted to change before then, but for the kids we just sent them into a bathroom by the pool to change. :)

216bruce

Maybe we've just been very lucky, but our room has always been ready when we get onboard. The luggage may not be there though so pack your change in a carry-on. There isn't a changing room per se by the pools, but you could use the restrooms in a pinch.

Tiggerfanatic

Your rooms are ready at 1:30, so we've never wanted to change before then, but for the kids we just sent them into a bathroom by the pool to change. :)
Thanks for the quick reply. That was one thing I forgot to ask during our chat the other night. I know we're still 5 months away, but I'm deep into planning & packing mode already!

Disneyfalcon

Thanks for the quick reply. That was one thing I forgot to ask during our chat the other night. I know we're still 5 months away, but I'm deep into planning & packing mode already!

I like it!! I'm packing for my June cruise! Then I will pack my entire house and move across the country. THEN I will pack for the girl's cruise!! :)

Sumrdog

I am already packing my caryon!! :) Its gonna be really heavy with water and wine!! !lo lol :) GUess I need to put in my bathing suit, coverup and sunscreen too :)
Awesome!
Since this last vacation was a surprise I didn't want to alert suspicion by packing...as a result I had a million lists on my work computer for months. I was mentally packing. But I didn't get it all put in bags until right before we left...it's a miracle I remembered all the essentials, even the kids swim goggles!

Disneyfalcon

Out of curiosity, how do they notify you to let you know your room is ready?

They don't really. They have ropes blocking the hallways until they open. The ropes have a sign on them that say the rooms will be done at 1:30. I've seen it say 2:00 once before but they were done closer to 1:30 and 1:30 is the norm. Around 1:25 you'll see people start to gather in the halls and wait for the "rope drop". :)

coilback

They don't really. They have ropes blocking the hallways until they open. The ropes have a sign on them that say the rooms will be done at 1:30. I've seen it say 2:00 once before but they were done closer to 1:30 and 1:30 is the norm. Around 1:25 you'll see people start to gather in the halls and wait for the "rope drop". :)

I'm guessing a train load of characters doesn't show up prior to that drop?

ChuckElias

On the Wonder, there was a locker room for changing/showering after your workout in the gym. I don't remember seeing locker facilities on the Dream/Fantasy, but there might be comfortable changing areas in the Senses spa.

durangojim

We boarded the Dream at around 11am and wished we had worn our suits. It wasn't a big deal because we went and had lunch at Cabanas but we probably could have hit the pool about 30 minutes sooner if we had just worn them. That's what we'll do next time.

BoarderPhreak

Like any cruise - something you'll be comfortable in for a while until your luggage is dropped off at the stateroom. Personally, I love pants that unzip at the knee into shorts. Pack a bathing suit and a t-shirt in your carry-on so you have it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom