what to wear on the flight???

moonchild

:p Hi everyone! I will be leaving for WDW from Philadelphia on January 28th. We are checking our bags and heading right to Animal Kingdom for the rest of the day. What should we wear ? We dont want to have to change our clothes. Its cold here...about mid 30's. WOO HOO! :sohappy: I cant wait......its my 1st time there:sohappy:

NowInc

Well.......if its 30 degrees where you are..pretty much everything you will wear here in FL will be too hot..lol

I say wear a t-shirt under a sweater....and when you get here...lose the sweatshirt....

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

I usually wear a light pair of cargo pants. I have a similar problem... sometimes you just have to wear light clothes and deal with the cold... just think, you'll be in 70-80° weather soon.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by moonchild
:lookaroun no pants????? hehe just kidding...will jeans bo too hot?

Do you wear jeans at all during the summer in PA? If you do, you will probably be fine wearing them here at this time of year. The highs are usually not above 85 (which would be considered above average) during Jan/Feb. You would, as Now suggested, want something short sleeved for touring, with a sweater/sweatshirt for covering up if the sun isn't out. The current temp in Jax is 58, which means about 68-70 in Orlando. (it's raining here, so won't get much warmer today)

Upvote 0

moonchild

Original Poster
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: Thanks everybody! we are staying at All Star Movies for 6 days. My boyfriend just got me a big Mickey bath robe, maybe Ill wear that! :lol:

Upvote 0

Camelot

First time to WDW...You are going to have a BLAST, moonchild !

Layering is the best thing, especially since you'll be leaving from very cold weather, and heading for warmer weather...how much warmer is the question, so log onto weather.com and you can get a 10-day forecast to find out the weather in Orlando, FL

Have a great time and let us know about your trip.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I wear those convertable cargo pants...the ones where the bottom half of the pant legs are zippered on. I zip off the bottom during my only breather b/t the ticket window and Mears...the monorail:) The rest of the time it's an all-out sprint to beat the others on my plane!

Upvote 0

tmfrankl

I LOVE my zip off cargo pants. They make it so easy to go from the Boston cold the the Orlando sun!

If you don't have them, don't get some though I would recommend packing a small bag with clothes to change into. Before you check your bags at the hotel use the lobby bathrooms to change really quick. That way you are plenty warm on the plane as well.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Actually....my family always stops at the bathroom in the airport after the flight (like every other family), so I just change in that bathroom and put a t-shirt in my carry-on bag and zip off the bottom of my pants...that way, I step out into the balmy air IN STYLE!

Upvote 0

wdwmaniac

I from New Jersey 1/2 hr away from Philly. I went in Dec. 2000. I would just wear a heavy jacket maybe, that's what I did becasue your not out side that much and jeans, It shouldn't be to hot just for one day with jeans. Also it real cool when you get off the plane in FL because it is in the 30's here but when you get there it feel like summer. Also don't forget to have your coat ready and long pants on for when you get back here it is a big change. I hope you have a great time.

Upvote 0

aprilgail

Originally posted by wdwmaniac
I from New Jersey 1/2 hr away from Philly. I went in Dec. 2000. I would just wear a heavy jacket maybe, that's what I did becasue your not out side that much and jeans, It shouldn't be to hot just for one day with jeans. Also it real cool when you get off the plane in FL because it is in the 30's here but when you get there it feel like summer. Also don't forget to have your coat ready and long pants on for when you get back here it is a big change. I hope you have a great time.

When we used to fly I would just leave my coat with whomever dropped me at the airport and they would bring it back with them so I didn't have to deal with it the whole vacation

Upvote 0

moonchild

Original Poster
:sohappy: WOO HOO 9 days and 13 hours till i leave for disney! im almost packed all the way.:sohappy: i cant wait to tell everyone how awesome it was........... what should i pack? ive got my cargo pants....thanks to kyle...... my Mickey robe....under-things.......sneakers....jeans and t shirts...b-thn-suit.....what else???????? :sohappy: :confused: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

shorts, camera, dinero, GUM FOR THE PLANE, BOTH THERE AND BACK...most of the tourism sections of orlando do not sell it, a back pack. I use my back pack as my carry on and bring it around all week to complete my tourist look...and so I don't have to carry around all those merchandise bags...a book for the flight...those free airplane magazines are DRY. Like Air...although some of the new inventions in there are interesting. Perhaps music for the flight, as the complementary music is...bad.
Kyle

Upvote 0

PrincessK

I'm from MA and just got back from Disney.

I wore jeans all week and alternated between light cotton long sleeves and short sleeves. I always kept a sweatshirt with me. As for your flight day, wear jeans and layered shirts. Then you can take them off as you get hotter.
Hope this helps!

Kristin

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by moonchild
:sohappy: WOO HOO 9 days and 13 hours till i leave for disney! im almost packed all the way.:sohappy: i cant wait to tell everyone how awesome it was........... what should i pack? ive got my cargo pants....thanks to kyle...... my Mickey robe....under-things.......sneakers....jeans and t shirts...b-thn-suit.....what else???????? :sohappy: :confused: :sohappy:

Hat , sunglasses, sunscreen, el-cheepo thin plastic poncho, water bottle (fill it as you go) and lots of money! ;)

Upvote 0

OldKeyWest24

well my mom has this thing with looking nice on th plane..goo figure..I always wear capris and a tee shirt with a little cardigan on top. We usally go in May so it pretty warm in Jersey. But when u gota leave at 4 in the morning for the plane its gets cold too. Juss wear layers so u can take em off as u go. and as for the eagles shirt...no way..Giants all the way baby!

Susan

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom