What to do for a Bachelor Party!?

Dewey

Hello All,

Myself and seven other guys are headed to the Walt Disney World Resort this October for a Bachelor Party. The Groom has already planned out what he wants to do but the rest of us want to make sure this trip is a vacation he will never forget. The Groom goes to Disney about 3 weeks a year so he always does to normal rounds of Disney World, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, etc.

My question to you is what at the resort is unique or something that sometimes may be overlooked that is something a group of 8 men in their 20s can enjoy? Anything can help! I want to make sure this is the best time for one of the best guys I know. He knows his way around but anything to surprise him would be a HUGE hit. Thank you!!!

JohnD

How about a monorail crawl. I'm thinking starting off at Trader Sams Grog Grotto would be worth a visit. Speciality drinks are served along with music/sound effects depending on the drink ordered. Then Mizner's Lounge in GF. Optional: Hop into MK for several rides. Finish off with a dinner at California Grill followed by watching Wishes.

Or a character meal at Askerhaus visited by several Disney princesses. Sure, it's normally something for young girls but it could work for a bachelor party. Having fun with the ladies but Disnified enough that the bride wouldn't be upset. Not sure the other guests around you would appreciate your presence though. ;)

There's also the Food and Wine Festival going on while you're there. I can think of Party for the Senses and Burger Block Party as special events to do. Then there's the very family friendly Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. May not be an option for a Bachelor Party though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Trader Sam's is a good option, but often hard to get into.

Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk is great, but it is 21 and up, just in case "in their 20's" includes 20.

If you guys like golf, there are several courses on property.

If you don't mind heading off property, the surrounding area has a number of dinner theaters (eg Medieval Times, Capone's, etc) as well as a few escape rooms.

If you want to throw down for a nice dinner, there is Shula's, California Grill and a myriad of other places. Whispering Canyon is also a good, un-fancy place for a rowdy group.

Upvote 0

21stamps

I think the poster above me had some great suggestions. The 3 I'll add are-

Charter fishing.
Private fireworks cruise.
Jet ski rentals.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Like Master Yoda suggested, I'd say try going off property. If your friend has experiences yearly 3 weeks trips to Disney, I'd look to do something totally different, something hes not expecting. Medieval Times is a great show and something a group of guys will enjoy, and raise your voices. Capones is also a wonderful show as well. Theres lots of great things in the Orlando area that could give you guys a memorable time and help send him off to married life.

Upvote 0

Chezman1399

Monorail Bar hop as has been mentioned and Disney Springs are awesome right now for drinking and seeing the hotels and experiencing all different types of bars. Actually, I've seen some small parties like that at Trader Sam's. I'd also maybe see what concerts are at House of Blues.

I'm a late night at the Magic Kingdom dude myself if I was going to have a bachelor party. For something maybe out of the ordinary and depending on time of year, there are some different seminars (Food and Mixology) for Food and Wine which are awesome. La Cava in Mexico is a very fun Tequila bar and you don't have to worry about the weather. Some of the general Epcot Tours are pretty cool, I've done Dolphins in Depth (more of a gf/bf, husband/wife thing IMO), Behind the scenes tour are pretty cool if the groom is into that sort of stuff, and if anyone SCUBA dives Divequest is supposed to be awesome, even for those who can't participate they could watch from the outside. The Segway Tours used to be awesome too, but I don't think they are there anymore.

If you wanted to stay around a hotel, Boardwalk is awesome with a microbrewery, ESPN Club, the new Abracadabar, and various other restaurants. I don't know whether it's still as big as it used to be, but the Dueling Pianos at Jelly Rolls used to be huge when I worked down there.

That's about it for what I can think of, and yes there is a ton off property as well, of course Uni has their club areas too. Mostly I like JohnD's suggestions. Oh and one other thing I did last year which was really cool, my friend spearheaded the Wishes Ferrytale Cruise that happens for the Fireworks and last year she invited me on the maiden voyage and it was awesome. All you can drink, all you can eat deserts, basically an hour cruise, you get to see the night time water pageant from an optimal place and the fireworks are perfect from where they stop the boat.

Upvote 0

JohnD

That's about it for what I can think of, and yes there is a ton off property as well, of course Uni has their club areas too. Mostly I like JohnD's suggestions. Oh and one other thing I did last year which was really cool, my friend spearheaded the Wishes Ferrytale Cruise that happens for the Fireworks and last year she invited me on the maiden voyage and it was awesome. All you can drink, all you can eat deserts, basically an hour cruise, you get to see the night time water pageant from an optimal place and the fireworks are perfect from where they stop the boat.

You beat me to it. I was about to point out Ferrytale Wishes. In fact, I thought it ended until I saw it's still on MDE: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/ferrytale-wishes-dessert-cruise/

But Ferrytale Wishes is a general dessert party paid per guest. I think you're referring to the chartered boat. I'm reading p. 528 of the new Unofficial Guide right now where is says it costs $320 for up to 8, or just under $372 for 10. I think you can do the math. $37-$40/person is a GREAT deal. (Unlike Ferrytale Wishes @ $99/person but that isn't chartered.) The guide says to call 407-939-7529 to reserve. The caveat -- you need to call 180 days out. But you never know. . .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
How about a monorail crawl. I'm thinking starting off at Trader Sams Grog Grotto would be worth a visit. Speciality drinks are served along with music/sound effects depending on the drink ordered. Then Mizner's Lounge in GF. Optional: Hop into MK for several rides. Finish off with a dinner at California Grill followed by watching Wishes.

You can add the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness campground to that monorail crawl. Both are accessible by boat from either the Magic Kingdom or the Contemporary.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom