What time do you estimate I will land in the Magic Kingdom?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
:angelic: Ok so trying to remember but how long does it take once you land and hit Magical Express to actually get to your resort? I will have a few carryons that do not fit in Disney lockers so will be leaving them at the Wilderness Lodge concierge assuming our room will not yet be ready.....all else fails shouldn't I be able to get to park within 2 hours? Remind me of the logistics of the bus ride....I seem to recall it stops at Poly and GF prior to lodge.....:happy:

The Mom

Premium Member
:angelic: Ok so trying to remember but how long does it take once you land and hit Magical Express to actually get to your resort? I will have a few carryons that do not fit in Disney lockers so will be leaving them at the Wilderness Lodge concierge assuming our room will not yet be ready.....all else fails shouldn't I be able to get to park within 2 hours? Remind me of the logistics of the bus ride....I seem to recall it stops at Poly and GF prior to lodge.....:happy:

I wouldn't make any definite plans to be at the MK - hope for the best, but don't put any money on the line (if you're thinking about a dining reservation.) One traffic accident could destroy any plans you've made.

Tony the Tigger

Sometimes you wait 20 minutes for the bus to even depart, and end up with one other party on the bus with you.

I think it’s about a half hour to the resorts from there.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
True Mom....am wondering about FP....if I estimate 2 hours what is my window of opportunity once that time hits? Don't they honor fastpasses any time after the allotted time unless it is uber busy?:happy:

margybear

True Mom....am wondering about FP....if I estimate 2 hours what is my window of opportunity once that time hits? Don't they honor fastpasses any time after the allotted time unless it is uber busy?:happy:
There's a little bit of a grace period (10 minutes if I recall) for fastpasses, but when you scan your magic band, the cast member can see how late you are. It's really up to the cast member to let you through - I know some people I worked with would've just said no, especially when it was busy (but they might help you to book something else if it was available). I know if I saw 15-20 minutes, or the party had clearly ran to the ride/was flustered, I wasn't going to stop them getting on the ride. But I wouldn't take it as a guarantee!

TL;DR - Cast members will do their best but I'd give yourself time and a half! Better safe than sorry :)

correcaminos

We've had about an hour to get to the resort via DME and then up to almost 3 hours. I would personally give myself 3 hours from landing to planning any sort of FP if that is what you are thinking. Gives you 20-30 minutes from WL to MK, 90-120 minutes to get to the resort, and then wait time for dropping luggage off and such. FP are only honored 10 minutes (some CMs have said 15) after the window closes, so I wouldn't do anything you didn't mind missing for the first one.

Bus stops prior to the resort will vary a lot.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thanks all....then there's the chance my flight may be delayed or rescheduled prior to trip, even days before once!:angelic: Well if all else fails and I make FP's if I don't use them because I am not there... they disappear after the fact and should anything be available I can get others when I do arrive......right?

Minnie Mum

I've always tried to pad time estimates on arrival days. Better to err on the side of caution than aim for the minimum times under ideal conditions. So mine look something like this: 30 min to deplane and get to the DME desk. 15 min wait to board the bus, 90 min to get to the resort (assume the bus will stop at at least one other resort first), 15 min to drop bags with Bell Services, 30 min to boat to MK, 30 min to get thru security, park tapstiles, and walk to first attraction. Total: 210 min (3.5 hrs).

If you get there early, then great - you'll have time to do something else standby before your first FP window opens. You might also have time in there to stop for a bathroom break, or get something to eat or drink, or just take a deep breath and destress from all the rushing around you've just done.

slappy magoo

One of the perks about the MDE app is the ability to modify fastpasses - subject to availability of course.

So based on when you're scheduled to land, schedule your first FP for 2.5 hours after that...which gives you up to 3.5 hours with the window.

If you find yourself delayed upon take off or landing, or if DME is taking a while, modify your FPs. You might not get exactly what you want but you might get something.

Either that, or "expect the worst" and make fastpasses for later in the day, like the 3 hours closer to closing, and instead of hitting the ground running like a fiend to make FPs when you arrive, enjoy the scenery, go on things with lower or no waits and savor the fact you're on vacation.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
One of the perks about the MDE app is the ability to modify fastpasses - subject to availability of course.

So based on when you're scheduled to land, schedule your first FP for 2.5 hours after that...which gives you up to 3.5 hours with the window.

If you find yourself delayed upon take off or landing, or if DME is taking a while, modify your FPs. You might not get exactly what you want but you might get something.

Either that, or "expect the worst" and make fastpasses for later in the day, like the 3 hours closer to closing, and instead of hitting the ground running like a fiend to make FPs when you arrive, enjoy the scenery, go on things with lower or no waits and savor the fact you're on vacation.

Thanks Slappy I had no idea you could modify FP's....only used the new system once....so its not just simply whats available if anything, it actually lets you negotiate for more time? But lets you keep FP if you decide not good modification? Does it SAY modify? Thanks! :)

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Let's see.... Happily Ever After begins at 9 PM. Your cue to jump out of the castle happens at the 00:17:30 mark. So, you'll be landing in the MK at 9:18 PM.

TOooOoo funny but true! Think we fairies are rather negligible on the radar for flyovers, but must bring my luggage and the family along as well which could create noticeable bulk and don't want to end up in an unthemed cell beneath the kingdom. :happy::happy::happy:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So you know, thats how it used to be. You couldn't get on early, but you could go any time after it was valid for the rest of the day.

After many trips the navigation of planning rather blurs together and things that used to be still pop into the mix.....doesn't hurt to ask!

slappy magoo

Thanks Slappy I had no idea you could modify FP's....only used the new system once....so its not just simply whats available if anything, it actually lets you negotiate for more time? But lets you keep FP if you decide not good modification? Does it SAY modify? Thanks! :)
Yes, when you click on "My Plans" it shows you everything you have going on during your trip in chronological order, your check-in/out of your hotel, your meal reservations and your fastpasses. If you click on any one of your given fastpasses, you'll be given the option to "Cancel," "Find On Map" and "Modify." If you click on "Modify" it will ask which members of your party are you switching (in case some want to keep the original fastpass, but you can click on all of them). After that, if that attraction still has fastpasses remaining for the day, it'll list them first. There are half hour time increments you can click on at the top of the page if you want to specify a time frame. Below your original attraction, if it's a "Tier 1" attraction," like Slinky Dog Dash in DHS or Flight of Passage at AK, it'll list other available Tier 1 attractions with available fastpasses. Below THAT, it'll list all other attractions with available fastpasses in alphabetical order. Below THAT, it'll list all of the attractions whose fastpasses are accounted for ("sold out") for the day.

And if you opt to keep your original fastpass, just back out of there until you're back in "my plans" and nothing will change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom