What time are you allowed in your room??

Phonedave

There is also no need to check YOUR stateroom. It is kind of like rope drop - they all open at the same time. So there is no need to keep checking if yours is ready. If one is ready, they all are ready. You can easily tell beause the barricades in the elevator lobbies that block the stateroom hallways will be removed.

-dave

disneyfan1995

Usually around 1:30-2. Just go right up to deck 11 and hang out for a while. I recommend checking most of your bags and only bringing what you will absolutely need for the first couple of hours in your carry on.

LSU_Tigger

BUT! If you have a concierge room they get the room earlier, right? Even if their room is not ready, don't they have the concierge lounge to leave the carryon luggage. I believe this is correct but I'll probley never experience this because of the price. So Tammy does DCL usually offer discounts to people already booked? Just wondering, cause a discount would be my only option for a concierge room. LOL

sweetpee_1993

BUT! If you have a concierge room they get the room earlier, right? Even if their room is not ready, don't they have the concierge lounge to leave the carryon luggage. I believe this is correct but I'll probley never experience this because of the price. So Tammy does DCL usually offer discounts to people already booked? Just wondering, cause a discount would be my only option for a concierge room. LOL

We've stayed concierge twice on the Magic and once on the Dream. Not once was our stateroom ready earlier than the standard time. On the Dream I think they hold your carryons for you but we asked, it wasn't just offered. On the Magic they don't have a dedicated concierge lounge. We weren't comfortable leaving our bags in Sessions where they do the welcome reception. The access just isn't as limited.

Disney typically does not contact guests already booked to offer discounts. If you see one come out you can check to see if you can utilize it but they often release them AFTER the paid-in-full date. At that point you'd need to evaluate any possible penalties against the discount amount. You could try for a port upgrade. Try to get to the port early, check-in, then hurry to the supervisor's desk. If upgrades are available they'll have a list and price your cost to upgrade on a chart. The upgrades + your cruise cost are often considerably less than you would've paid if you'd paid regular price for that upgraded stateroom. ;)

Disneyfalcon

Kelly described it well! The port upgrade is definitely the best option, and discounts that do come out often don't apply to concierge!

sweetpee_1993

Kelly described it well! The port upgrade is definitely the best option, and discounts that do come out often don't apply to concierge!
That's true. I've never seen a discount that applies to concierge. Even onboard booking discounts don't apply. The only way I've ever seen discounting on concierge is thru port upgrades.

LSU_Tigger

Thanks Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Tammy for the info. So the only advantage is if we get their early and ask for an upgrade which would come at a price I'm sure, possibly cheaper. But the only perks would be to get off first at ports and a private lounge? I'm just asking because I thought I read that the rooms being ready early was one of the perks. I could be wrong cause my wife insists every day that I am wrong about something!:D
I guess I'll read a little more about the concierge because we will be there early with our 11:00 check in for the Fantasy on May 18th and who knows we may get lucky. Again, thank you ladies y'all are very helpful!

sweetpee_1993

Thanks Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Tammy for the info. So the only advantage is if we get their early and ask for an upgrade which would come at a price I'm sure, possibly cheaper. But the only perks would be to get off first at ports and a private lounge? I'm just asking because I thought I read that the rooms being ready early was one of the perks. I could be wrong cause my wife insists every day that I am wrong about something!:D
I guess I'll read a little more about the concierge because we will be there early with our 11:00 check in for the Fantasy on May 18th and who knows we may get lucky. Again, thank you ladies y'all are very helpful!

No, I wouldn't say the only perks are the lounge and off early at ports. It's like an overall step up in service. Hard to explain. Um, every guest on the ship should and most likely will have a great time. Concierge guests have a small team of what feels like magic-makers that create ways to add little touches to your cruise. They give you little gifts. They take care of the little things like an extra Wave phone (which normally you have to pay for but I've not paid for an extra yet in concierge) or booking your tastings, spa treatments, etc. The concierge team are like Fairy Godmothers in a way. They take care of you. THAT is what I love best about cruising concierge. Every little detail is taken care of for me, sometimes before I even know anything needs to be done at all.

The cost to upgrade to concierge at port if available WILL be considerably less than if you booked it from the start. Rule of thumb with port upgrades is the higher the room category you are upgrading to, the deeper the overall savings will be. Like I read a story once where a family checked for the upgrades and found a Royal suite offered for like $2700 in the summertime. Even if her family paid $7000 for a deluxe verandah room, $9700 for a room that would typically sell at more like $30,000 is a huuuuge savings. KWIM???

Disneyfalcon

I missed this! I'm with Kelly. It's more than those listed perks and Kelly described them well. The decor in the rooms are nicer, even in the same size rooms.

Here's the regular verandah room on the Fantasy:

Here's the concierge verandah. The door is open to the connecting room in this one:

LSU_Tigger

The concierge team are like Fairy Godmothers in a way. They take care of you. THAT is what I love best about cruising concierge. Every little detail is taken care of for me, sometimes before I even know anything needs to be done at all.

This is what I'm looking for!!!! Thanks Kelly.

Here's the regular verandah room on the Fantasy

Thanks for the pic's Tammy but I'm shooting for the Walt suit! LOL :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom