What sort of roles available overnight?

awalkinthepark

Original Poster
Just so I have an idea when I call/visit casting....

I can work 8pm to 7am..perhaps a little later and can work any of the 7 days of the week..looking for full time. What sort of areas would have positions available? Are the openings few and far between? Off the top of my head I am thinking maintenance, merchandising, the resorts...what else goes on at night? Thanks in advance!

bsummer

Textile services...laundry has to be done 24 hours a day...costuming in some areas has people working 24 hours a day as well. Security of course. Both front desk and bell services as well as housekeeping. And I'm sure there are plenty others...I just really don't know.

awalkinthepark

Original Poster
Thanks for all of your replies. I called casting yesterday and I was told to discuss my availability with a recruiter at Casting. I went to Casting today and didn't get past the desk...which I half expected...but I had hope for a day or so.

I did get to stand behind 10 people in line waiting to get to the desk and the lobby was chock full of people waiting....so I guess Disney can demand 24/7 availability for $7 an hour....I just can't do it...hubby makes way more than I would and $7 would not cover daycare + gas + benefits....oh well....at least I can still win Disney sweepstakes and contests.

ImaYoyo

Thanks for all of your replies. I called casting yesterday and I was told to discuss my availability with a recruiter at Casting. I went to Casting today and didn't get past the desk...which I half expected...but I had hope for a day or so.

I did get to stand behind 10 people in line waiting to get to the desk and the lobby was chock full of people waiting....so I guess Disney can demand 24/7 availability for $7 an hour....I just can't do it...hubby makes way more than I would and $7 would not cover daycare + gas + benefits....oh well....at least I can still win Disney sweepstakes and contests.
Do you have a degree? Does it happen to be in a practical science field? There are PLENTY of 3rd shift engineering roles.

mom2of2

when you say you didn't get beyond the desk does that mean that they saw your availability and didn't have anything or there just wasn't anything you were interested in?

awalkinthepark

Original Poster
when you say you didn't get beyond the desk does that mean that they saw your availability and didn't have anything or there just wasn't anything you were interested in?

I am going back to work for benefits(hubby is self employed)...benefits only come with full time positions...according to the cast member I spoke with.... full time positions require 24/7 availability. Since moving to FL I have found many companies require this 24/7 availability...even with hubby self employed his hours are hard to predict and I never know where he is going to be one day to the next so that leaves me to manage the kids, school schedules and daycare business hours. I have a 10-12 hour window overnight that I don't have to worry about picking anyone up by a certain time and hubby is going to be home with the kids.

Part time would have allowed me to determine my own availability....but I am looking for health insurance without having to jump through hoops or pay inflated rates because I had a bad couple of years with migraines(food related). I have coverage lined up for everyone else...but I keep getting denials.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom