What should they do with Animation Courtyard?

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
When did that start?

And pop quiz beyond: what is under construction for wdw beyond that?
Start date? Estimated opening date?
The questions get more difficult after that…
Journey Of Water broke ground around June 2021, as did many of the Epcot projects, I believe, which are set to be finished by mid-fall.
There is also Tiana/Splash which started in January and is estimated to open in 2024.
See? It's not that difficult! And not too much construction in the parks is always preferred, of course!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Journey Of Water broke ground around June 2021, as did many of the Epcot projects, I believe, which are set to be finished by mid-fall.
There is also Tiana/Splash which started in January and is estimated to open in 2024.
See? It's not that difficult! And not too much construction in the parks is always preferred, of course!
Well I know you’re not lauding the splash thing…keep that box closed…

But do you see 6 years of stagnation starting now?
Look closely

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Well I know you’re not lauding the splash thing…keep that box closed…

But do you see 6 years of stagnation starting now?
Look closely
Sorry to say that I don't understand what some of those words mean, I am only 14 after all.
But after a quick Google search, I know what one of them means. I love the concept for Tiana, it seems super fun and a nice refresh from the constantly-broken Splash. So yes, I am lauding it.

What do you mean? 6 years of "not flowing or moving"? I don't understand. And lastly, look closely at what?

Cmdr_Crimson

It makes me wonder how they would have kept the Dick Tracy franchise alive if it was a successful film especially in this day in age..
49542a2dd5c38caebb1ceb05ed6acd3b.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry to say that I don't understand what some of those words mean, I am only 14 after all.
But after a quick Google search, I know what one of them means. I love the concept for Tiana, it seems super fun and a nice refresh from the constantly-broken Splash. So yes, I am lauding it.

What do you mean? 6 years of "not flowing or moving"? I don't understand. And lastly, look closely at what?
…oh you’re good then. Nice to have you here 👍🏻

For Animation Courtyard, i think there’s always been a huge untapped potential for that land. Right now it’s at its worst. Instead of creating a whole new land based on a singular franchise, i think they should breathe some life into Animation Courtyard. DHS is completely lacking in experiences with water. They also dont have a single play area for kids ever since Honey I Shrunk the kids went on the chopping block. (They barely even have rides that short kids can go on.)

I propose to have at the center of Animation Courtyard a water-based playground/ splash pad. This could look something like a Steamboat Willie splash pad since he was the beginning of Walt Disney Animation. Include some other animated characters like Luca, nemo, etc. I think they should use one of the buildings for an “Encanto Live on Stage.” The facades and insides of the buildings should look like the homes/ towns from various animated movies and shows. Kinda like Toontown. If they were to ever build a phineas and ferb backyard rollercoaster, this would be the place. They should build Vampirina’s house as a fun and spooky walk through attraction. For another ride, they should use lightning McQueen s racing academy as part of the queue for a lightning McQueen racing academy ride.

in the true spirit of DHS, they could build ”dream productions” from Inside Out. It could either be a dark ride or an attraction that you take part in. Pixar place should keep the Pixar sign, but be grouped into Animation Courtyard

i know this is so many ideas for a small space and there’s obviously a LOT more they could do with this. I just feel that “animation courtyard” has such a wealth of opportunity. Frankly, the world of Animation deserves a lot more.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

With mermaid returning, I think the best option would be to take out Launch Bay and expand behind taking out the old Animation Studio building and cast member parking. I would like this area to be themed to Disney animation proper with an E ticket trackless ride where guests teaming up with all the major Disney Animation characters multiverse style and fight off the Disney Villains throughout different eras of WDA. You can even update the media to have elements from the latest WDA film.

DonniePeverley

For Animation Courtyard, i think there’s always been a huge untapped potential for that land. Right now it’s at its worst. Instead of creating a whole new land based on a singular franchise, i think they should breathe some life into Animation Courtyard. DHS is completely lacking in experiences with water. They also dont have a single play area for kids ever since Honey I Shrunk the kids went on the chopping block. (They barely even have rides that short kids can go on.)

I propose to have at the center of Animation Courtyard a water-based playground/ splash pad. This could look something like a Steamboat Willie splash pad since he was the beginning of Walt Disney Animation. Include some other animated characters like Luca, nemo, etc. I think they should use one of the buildings for an “Encanto Live on Stage.” The facades and insides of the buildings should look like the homes/ towns from various animated movies and shows. Kinda like Toontown. If they were to ever build a phineas and ferb backyard rollercoaster, this would be the place. They should build Vampirina’s house as a fun and spooky walk through attraction. For another ride, they should use lightning McQueen s racing academy as part of the queue for a lightning McQueen racing academy ride.

in the true spirit of DHS, they could build ”dream productions” from Inside Out. It could either be a dark ride or an attraction that you take part in. Pixar place should keep the Pixar sign, but be grouped into Animation Courtyard

i know this is so many ideas for a small space and there’s obviously a LOT more they could do with this. I just feel that “animation courtyard” has such a wealth of opportunity. Frankly, the world of Animation deserves a lot more.

I'm relieved you are no where near any imagineering creator. That may well be the worst idea i have ever heard on this forum.

J4546

I wish they had developed a new ToonTown when they developed MMRR. Heres a quick MSPaint sketch to show just how much space is back there if they get rid of all buildings and parking structure. You could build a toon town with MMRR, a massive water attraction with Donald and Daisy ( I used splash mountain for scale) and have a massive indoor attraction in the residential area. (maybe a theater? maybe a small indoor spinner something? maybe a play area?) and a massive lake in the middle of the land with shows.

Attachments

• dhs11.jpg
    dhs11.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 55

Mireille

Premium Member
Make it Duckburg... Scrooge's money bin with a ride that has the Beagle Boys trying to rob it. Gyro Gearloose's lab with stuff for kids to do. Gizmoduck meet & greet. Huey, Dewey and Louie flat ride of some sort. Maybe a Darkwing thing of some sort with Launchpad. Magica De Spell, Flintheart Glomgold, the possibilities are endless. I want Duckburg!

Last edited:

Juaquin

I think toon town won’t work here but maybe in magic somewhere but I think that they should put in a Zootopia area with an areil monorail to add like citiness and a different story line of a Zootopia trackless dark ride

Moth

I'm relieved you are no where near any imagineering creator. That may well be the worst idea i have ever heard on this forum.
That idea is well thought out and competent. Frankly I'd rather ANYTHING go in there (yes, even a Moana thing) rather than let the land rot and make Hollywood Studios a bigger embarrassment.

Bocabear

For those who have never been to Disneyland, ToonTown is adorable... Lots of little things to see, great for younger kids, and Roger Rabbits CarToon Spin is a super fun, long dark ride... It would make sense to have the old Disney Animation courtyard fleshed out into a Toontown area...Fully set in the era of early Disney animation, Clone the Roger Rabbit ride but then add another couple attractions...a flat ride, a family coaster etc. then as you follow the path you end up in Toystoryland and Pixar Studios area....it would make sense within the layout of the park, and thematically fit the park aesthetic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom