What should be the next WS pavillion?

Kingdom WDW

Original Poster
What should be the next World Showcase? I have a hunch the next country will be Australia, and I would love to see that there.

Pooh88

Greece would be nice. Also no Eastern European countries are represented. Others that would be good would be Austalia or a Mid-to-South African country.

wickedfan07

Greece. An area like Athens, then the whitewashed buildings like on Santorini.

I think Greece would be an excellent addition, especially if the project included a ride of some sort based on mythology.

As others have said, I think other interesting additions would Australia, Ireland, and something from South America (maybe Brazil?). Wouldn't mind India either - that'd be a good addition from a culinary standpoint.

Hopefully we'll see plans for a new country soon.

ohioguy

I think it's been 20 years since the last country pavillion was built, right?
It really IS time for a new addition or two! How much land is really left, however? Viewing from LiveEarth, it looks like there may be space for, at most, 4 more countries....

India (Taj Mahal!), Australia (Outback Adventure!), Switzerland (Matterhorn!), Russia (Red Square!), Greece (Hercules tie-in!), Egypt (pyramid ride!) and Brazil (Amazon River Odyssey!) would be my top picks.

Monorail Lime

I think it's been 20 years since the last country pavillion was built, right?
It really IS time for a new addition or two! How much land is really left, however? Viewing from LiveEarth, it looks like there may be space for, at most, 4 more countries....
Really? I think there's room for one at most, in the obvious space between China and Germany. I suppose two would be possible by demolishing International Gateway. No loss there.

Anyway, why bother with another pavilion? Reopen Millennium Village (with a different name of course) and give dozens of non pavillon-worthy countries some representation! :)

Kingdom WDW

Original Poster
There were permits filed for an "Australia Pavillion". While this may be for Food&Wine Fest, but if it isn't it might be a preview pavillion for a new country.

Also, in the Unofficial Guide -ding- Jim Hill mentioned plans for another country with a thrill ride, an area for 18-24 year olds, and most of all, it might have been a country from Asia. Make of this what you can.

aladdin2007

I believe there is room for 6 to 8 more? Counting if you took away world showplace.
But I dont think there are any plans for any new countries sadly :( Disney charges too much it costs like 50 million to build one, read that somewhere, I think it was in an article a couple years ago when Spain or South Korea was strongly rumored and one of the original designers of world showcase stated that.
I think Russia would look amazing along the lagoon along with all those great attractions it was going to have, a ride and movie.:(
Maybe we can get Siemens to sponsor a country :wave:

aladdin2007

I just wanted to double check about my last post and the article was from the Orlando Sentinal in 2002 when Spain was in talks but anyway it says "all the pavilions share one financial characteristic, Disney doesnt pay to build them. Building a pavilion when Disney gives permission is at least a $50 million project" So no wonder why we havent had a new one, maybe its time Disney rethinks that plan.

cls4016

I think Australia would be better suited to AK. That would be a cool addition over by the Nemo musical (at least then it would fit in).

Greece, Russia and Brazil sound really good to me!

wickedfan07

I believe there is room for 6 to 8 more? Counting if you took away world showplace.

Without knowing anything about backstage Epcot, I'd say you're right. I made a little image showing the expansion locations as far as I can see. I know someone else around here must know more about this, and probably has a picture to go with it ;) . Even without changing World ShowPlace (which probably won't ever happen), there's a still a lot of expansion room for new pavilions, and new attractions within existing pavilions. Plenty of potential. :)

Anyway, here's a link to the image: http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/data/3667/medium/WSExpansion.JPG

Scott M

...I suppose two would be possible by demolishing International Gateway. No loss there...

If you've ever stayed at an Epcot resort (Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Swan or Dolphin) you might not have made such a statement. The International Gateway and the area between it and these resorts is one of the most beautiful and relaxing areas in all of Walt Disney World.

Scott

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom