What SHOULD be in the Castle?

fmingo36

Original Poster
Cinderella's Castle is an world-known icon. Looking at it from the beginning
of Main Street brings me to tears. It is MAGICAL!
But then we walk through it, I am always disappointed. Don't get me wrong, the murals are beautiful and eating at Cinderella's Royal Table is an experience everyone should do at least once in their lifetime.
(I love the decor and eating with all the fan-fare)
And I would LOVE a night in the suite but that's NEVER going to happen for me or the majority of guests that visit.
But I hate the fact that there's a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in the castle. I mean when did Disney princesses start having colorful hair extensions and hussy make-up? And there is already at BBB at DTD.
Shopping in the castle seems so mundane.
Shouldn't there be something special is the castle, something that you can only do or see because you are at the Castle.

What would you like to see in the Castle?

Penelope

Some of the things I thought the Castle needed it would appear are going into Beast Castle....but I'd love to see while walking through perhaps the glass slipper in a case, and a "Castle Tour" walk through would have been really neat. As if you were touring B__________gham Palace. I suspect there is no room for such an edition though. I am not up on the original set up of the Castle or Walt's intents for it.

As I've never been to Disneyland, does it offer something beyond what Cinderella's does?

Lee

Adventurer
A high-quality signature dining location on par with Mythos or Blue Bayou

Oh, wait....they used to have that in there...:rolleyes:

Californian Elitist

Some of the things I thought the Castle needed it would appear are going into Beast Castle....but I'd love to see while walking through perhaps the glass slipper in a case, and a "Castle Tour" walk through would have been really neat. As if you were touring B__________gham Palace. I suspect there is no room for such an edition though. I am not up on the original set up of the Castle or Walt's intents for it.

As I've never been to Disneyland, does it offer something beyond what Cinderella's does?

Sleeping Beauty's Castle has a walk through attraction of the story of Sleeping Beauty, that is actually inside the castle. It's high tech and VERY cool.:)

fmingo36

Original Poster

Sleeping Beauty Castles offers Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough.

"Relive one of the most beloved Disney legends as you stroll through the iconic Sleeping Beauty Castle. Wander the winding passageways where the timeless tale of Princess Aurora and the evil Maleficent has been brought to life in 3-dimensional displays. Inspired by the original Eyvind Earle artwork used in the film, the classic attraction has been enhanced with fantastical features and stunning special effects"

I thought this was beautifully done and added something special to the Castle.

Disney Shib

I always thought the castle would be a great place to put older artifacts from past Fantasyland attractions. Let's be honest there are a ton of Disney fans who love checking out the movie props on the BLT at Hollywood Studios. Why not create a whimsical version for those folks in the castle? With the new FLE now is a perfect time I think. :shrug:

6laurac

I always thought that would be a great place to meet the all the princesses for a photo opp. I agree that there should be something extra special in there and not a hair place.

Timon

The restaurant could use a makeover with today's WDI eye for detail. Yes, a glass slipper, how about some other effects like ragitty old dress to a gown, magic mirrors in the bathrooms (on loan from Snow White), etc.

The stage has always troubled me the way they close the castle and the huge prop storage area in the castle corridor. Disneyland Paris has a stage on the side thus keeping the view and the castle open.

Move BBB shop somewhere and put in a more castle-ish store. I wish there was some way to get the Disneyland Paris spiral stairs down to the rocks at moat level, sort of a secret tunnel/dungeon feel.

Yeah, night in the suite, ultimate. Selection by a huge Victorian-mechanical lotto machine with steam and whistles. Something fun.

Well that's it, I decided against suggesting the indoor fireworks, too much smoke and screaming.

NiarrNDisney

I agree that something else should be in the castle even of it was just the M&G they are palnning for the Snow White space.
Personally I like what the Sleeping Beauty tour in Disneyland Resort and the villains thing in Disneyland Japan.

MMFanCipher

Well, back in 1990 there use to be a shop that sold swords and things.

You could put a dungeon in there with torture devices and a trash can with crumbled ginger bread cookies in it. Oh, wait .... sorry wrong movie. :p

MKCP 1985

I like it the way it is. :)

Yes, the restaurant could be improved but as it is, the castle houses arguably the Magic Kingdom's finest dining restaurant where you can, in fact, meet Cinderella before you eat. The restaurant features a view out over Fantasyland plus exquisite stained glass murals telling the story of Cinderella in the walkway. Add a couple of shops, regardless that one is a hair salon. For the very lucky, there is a private bedroom suite upstairs.

Now if anything stands to be given a major overhaul, let's talk about that hat at the Studios park. :dazzle:

captainkidd

P.S. I will never understand the appeal of Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. It's like the world's most expensive game of dress-up, and a gaudy one at that. Seems to me that you could do the same thing for a lot less money at home. Boggles my mind :shrug:

Same goes for Pirates's League. You spend $100 to dress your kid up like a pirate, and they wash the makeup off before lunch and never wear the clothes again.

Animaniac93-98

The appeal of BBB, or at least dressing up while in the park, is that your doing it when you're there. It's one thing to dress up at home, another to be in a "castle" or park full of pretend on a grand scale. Same with Pirates, were kids don't have Adventureland in their backyards or bedrooms. The same could explain the appeal of dressing up for conventions (but there's more of a celebration/apreciation angle).

Having said all of this, I was anything but happy to see the last of the "old-time" MK shops closed in favour of it, and I don't think the styles sold there are tastefully done, I just get the costume appeal angle.

Getting back to the OP's question, I'd also want at least one non-character meal at the Table again.

As neat as the walkthough at DL is, or the one TDL used to have, there isn't space to have more than the three existing offerings in that building. I'm fine with the idea of a shop, the Table and the apartment.

tdpolo26

i think a walk through would be cool!!!!!!

If that couldnt happen i think they should put a huge sorcerer's hat over the top of the castle....people really like that kinda thing /s

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom