What Makes You Come Back

nngrendel

I always enjoy how we are treated while at Disney. From the hotel staff to being smiled at from everyone at the parks. Everyone there seems to enjoy helping you with everything.

PatsRule

For me it's simple. I get very busy and can work long hours at work. Disney is my escape. It's my family's escape. There are not many things that a 20 year old and a 17 year old still want to do with their parents but my kids look forward to every trip. We've even brought one of my daughter's friends into the loop and she is hooked.

10Magic

Man, you summed it up nicely! For those of us who go often, it's hard to explain that pull to the "non-believers". It's about so more than the rides and attractions. The subtle smells and sounds are just magical. It's just a feeling that you get nowhere else. I notice the music more when you get home than when you're at WDW and it's more subliminal. You can take photos and videos and record the sounds, but they haven't found a way yet to bring those smells home and play them back!

EnchantedRose

1. Seeing the Castle! :eek:

2. Since becoming a Mommy, the look on my little mans face when sees Mickey! We will be taking him back to the world in 33 days he'll be 2 and half & it will be his THIRD trip & I cried the previous two trips! :cry:

3. That feeling you get in the pit of your stomach right before you drop on ToT! :D

4. The fact that for as long as you are there all your worries just disappear...now that Magic!

rodserling27

There are a few things that keep me coming back.

It really is the vacation kingdom of the world. Any time I think of something else that I want to do, Walt Disney World has it (and more).
"I want to relax on a beach and play golf." Got it.
"I want to do a trip to an amusement park for a day." Got it x4.
"I want to go somewhere sunny and warm, almost tropical." Florida, baby.
"I want to see what much of the rest of the world is like, and eat authentic cuisine." Hello EPCOT Center.
"I want to LIVE through my favorite movies!" Well golly, Beav.

It just beats everything else. I've been to WDW for almost every vacation I've ever taken, and it doesn't beat anywhere. It has everything I want, and I just have so many memories there; every new trip I take is a brand new one, and beautiful one to have forever.

dweezil78

What I always loved about WDW and don't really get to experience much out here at Disneyland is the crazy anticipation in getting into Disney property and eventually the parks.

Coming from South Florida, we used to have a 3-4 hour drive -- so already there was some build up just from that. As opposed to my little 45-1hr drive now. But once you got off the freeway, even before you reached Disney property, you could just feel it lurking there in the distance. You'd start to see the signs -- the billboards, the local shops selling all kinds of Disney merch/tickets, and then finally the official road signs. Each one you'd hit, the distance between you and Mickey would grow shorter and shorter until finally... KABOOM, everything changes around you. The touristy grossness all disappears and you're now in what appears to be a forest of DISNEY. Somewhere behind all those trees lies MAGIC.

Once we drove onto property, we'd hurriedly turn the radio on and search for the Disney AM station. Holy crap, we are finally here! We are listening to Disney World on the RADIO. But as close as you think you are, there's still even more build up!!! Parking, tram, tickets, monorail or ferry. SO MUCH BUILD UP!!! By the time you reach the main gate, the excitement has reached a fever pitch.

I used to cherish that entire part of the trip as a kid and still do today, although it's not exactly the same as it used to be when the property was more undeveloped. But to me, it's such a big part of the whole WDW experience.

To anyone that has never seen Martin's tribute to WDW Transportation, you really must because it captures so much of that and from the time I really remember it most.

mickeyforlife

why I love going to disney

It makes me feel like a kid again. I fell in love with disney world the first time and can't wait to go back each time. I get to share my love for disney with other people just like me. I can say HEY I LOVE DISNEY WORLD and instead of hearing your nuts! I hear ME TOO! You can feel free there from all worries, and where else can you visit so many countries in one day!:sohappy:

tiggermarie

1) Not having to THINK of work.
2) Becoming a kid again.
3) The rides.
4) The peaceful time to spend with my hubby.
5) No having to do House work.

That is about it for now.

the-reason14

Perfect thread for me to respond to as I will be heading there tomorrow. :sohappy::sohappy: I have been blessed to go to WDW many times throughout the years. And it's just something about it that makes me get all happy and start smiling more than I usually do a few days before I leave. Space mt is another reason, and the feeling of escape and just being youthful again.

PurpleDragon

My wife and I took our first trip to WDW for our honeymoon and have always gone back for our anniversary (7 years and counting). We arrive right after Thanksgiving and leave the second week in December. We love going at this time because everything is decorated for Christmas and it really kick starts the Holiday Season for both of us. That and the TTA People Mover........It's like your own little private couch. Always fun when Magic Mountain goes on the fritz and you get to roll through with the lights on. Plus pretty much everything already mentioned above. :)

Where is Magic Mountain? Is that a new attraction or does the TTA now go all the way to LA and run thru a Six Flags park? :confused::rolleyes:

Back on topic.

1.) Feeling the weight of the world lift once you arrive on property.
2.) Feeling like a kid again
3.) Seeing the smiles on my kids faces
4.) Sights, sounds, and smells that remind me of my childhood.
5.) Enjoying some good bonding time with my family.

tink65

For me it's the tradition! We've taken our daughter to Disney for her birthday every year since she turned three.....this year we will celebrate her Sweet 16. I just look back at the memories we've made through the years and look forward to adding to those every year! I feel that she has literally grown up at Disney! It never gets old, never gets boring......just gets more special every year! Gotta stop or I'll get all nostalgic and weepy!

foreverbelle

To many things to list...but lets see.

Its going on vacation and not worrying about my food allergies, knowing that I can go and not have to worry about being sick..

Its that feeling I get when I am there. Whether it is acting like a child again or putting the rest of the world behind..

Its in the faces of the kids and first timers, and knowing that I was once seeing things in their eyes

Its, the sights. The sounds and the feeling. And its the feeling I get knowing I can share this with my child(ren)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom