What little things that WDW used to do/have do you miss?

Shadowgate

1.First and foremost great general care and upkeep of parks.
2. Discovery Island
3. River Country
4. Skyway in MK
5. 2000 Leagues under the sea Lagoon (especially at night)
6. Riding in the front of the monorail
7. Horizons
8. Original Imagination ride
9. Old fastpass system
10. Night time parade in MK

Sout' Side Irish

Common decency and courtesy for your fellow park goers. You are not the most important person there; everyone who goes there is.

It's hard for WDW or Disney to corral bad behavior among guests. By bad behavior, I mean lack of manners. I posted about some run ins I had with my wife and an "inquisitive" child and I felt bad having to be such an a$$ to his father, but it left me no choice. We are going back in November with my niece (she's never been, 13th birthday gift) and I'm already building up my ire to deal with people who will spare no personal decency to get "their" experience.

I hate to say this, but I sometimes wish it were more expensive to go. I wonder if that would rule out the uptick of classlessness that comes from the rank and file in the park these days.

cat2dragons

I'm not creating this thread to bash the current state of WDW, but there are a lot of things that used to be done that have been stopped or cut for various reasons. I'm just curious what some people miss.

Something for me was the little Mickey Mouse shaped butter at the restaurant in the castle and the after dinner mints that most sit down restaurants used to give out at the end of the meal.

I miss the civility and politeness the visitors used to have. I also miss the afternoon parades that the Studios and Animal Kingdom had. And it is really a shame there is no nighttime parade at MK anymore.

Diznan

I miss all the parades....Main Street Electrical, Jammin Jungle Parade, Stars and Motor Cars
Dole whip twist, vanilla and pineapple
Attractions...Horizons, Snow White Scary Adventure, Catastrophe Canyon, soon to be gone, Great Movie Ride...sad

I really miss The old Pleasure Island. Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse, now it's overpriced restaurants and expensive shopping..not fun

eliza61nyc

Common decency and courtesy for your fellow park goers. You are not the most important person there; everyone who goes there is.

It's hard for WDW or Disney to corral bad behavior among guests. By bad behavior, I mean lack of manners. I posted about some run ins I had with my wife and an "inquisitive" child and I felt bad having to be such an a$$ to his father, but it left me no choice. We are going back in November with my niece (she's never been, 13th birthday gift) and I'm already building up my ire to deal with people who will spare no personal decency to get "their" experience.

I hate to say this, but I sometimes wish it were more expensive to go. I wonder if that would rule out the uptick of classlessness that comes from the rank and file in the park these days.

No I think it will make it worse. I think one of the big problems is that Disney is so expensive for many and for many it's a once in a life time experience. So often they feel they "must" get the most out of it even to the expense of some one else because they know they will probably not be back again.

ChrisinOrl

I miss the Magic Kingdom Club
I miss the Strawberry Swirl
I miss riding in the front of the monorail
I miss Snickerdoodles at the Main St. Bakery
I miss Communicore and the Astuter Computer Revue
I miss not having FP and people were in a queue, not a million people milling about making the parks feel so congested.

dizneedebbie

I miss:
Mr Toad's Wild ride
Original Snow white ride
Original Epcot pavilions
Tapestry of Nations parade
DHS the way it was intended to be - including the Earful Tower!
When you could randomly meet characters without long lines or fast passes.
Original fast passes - when you could get several at a time
When you could be spontaneous with attractions and dining
When you could watch the fireworks without a million iPhones or iPads being held up to record it
Towel animals
Common courtesy among guests
When my kids were small and experiencing the magic for the first time !

CptRon

Customized keepsake maps (unless they've returned).

Reasonably sized pins, though I understand many folks like the larger ones.

danyoung56

I'd bet that the "classlessness" comes from all economic strata, not just those living from paycheck to paycheck. In fact, I'd be more of the bad behavior comes from those who have lots of money, and who are used to getting their own way.

Sonconato

IMO they should get rid of the monthly payment plan. I think that would help.

Judi Lombardi

I miss when Disney used to care about the upkeep of their attractions...ie the Footlight Parade scene, the Yeti etc etc etc
I miss all the things that made it special. I now see employees in costume in the wrong parts of the park or even leaving in the parking lot dressed in uniform.
I miss the asking for an autograph or just general friendliness of staff. Very robotic now.
I miss being able to go to a quick dining place and having something for everyone on the menu. Devastated over losing Pecos Bills in MK.
Disney made me feel special. Now it is just like any other company- looking for maximum profits! Sad!.

disneyworlddad

They were great, I cant draw at all and they made me look like I knew what I was doing and turned out a great drawing of Stitch! Marie

You can find some on youtube that are exactly like the drawing classes. I have done Mickey and Buzz and a couple others. I'm always surprised how well they turn out. Goes to show you what a little technique can do!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom