What land would you make???

Adam Snider

Original Poster
With all the new lands coming out like Star Wars land, Toy Story land, Avatar land; which movie would you like to see a whole land created for? What would you include?

bethymouse

I would just have a Zootopia or San Fransokyo. Perhaps replace/refurbish Tomorrowland.
Oh, and I would still bring Carsland to WDW. ( Yes I know all of you folks;))
Perhaps rename Dinoland USA to Dinosaurland ( retheme/total refurbish;)) Although I think there may be some sort of theme park by that name that must have a patent.:confused:
How about a Candyland? Oh.. Disney probably couldn't do that one either.;)

Adam Snider

Original Poster
I would just have a Zootopia or San Fransokyo. Perhaps replace/refurbish Tomorrowland.
Oh, and I would still bring Carsland to WDW. ( Yes I know all of you folks;))
Perhaps rename Dinoland USA to Dinosaurland ( retheme/total refurbish;)) Although I think there may be some sort of theme park by that name that must have a patent.:confused:
How about a Candyland? Oh.. Disney probably couldn't do that one either.;)
I like the idea of refurbish tomorrowland bc i feel like it needs some updates but the nostalgic factor and classics are there and one of my favorite lands. Also, i feel like a zootopia would be better than avatar land. I know they are far into it and plans were made before the movie probably (not sure), but Zootopia is a Disney movie and based on Animals so i see it as a perfect fit for Animal Kingdom.

cheesecake

I am definitely a proponent of fixing up the lands we already have before creating new ones! ;) Tomorrowland is on the top of that list. I agree that the classics should be preserved, because much of it was Walt's own creation. But our idea of tomorrow is vastly different, so it might be a good idea to represent that. (Step one: get rid of the Tomorrowland Speedway! I don't get what is futuristic about driving loud, noisy little race cars, other than the fact that the drivers will be real drivers in 10 years.)

I really liked Avatar, it was a great movie and I'm sure Pandora will be really cool. But frankly, it's old news. The sequels have gotten delayed so many times, and they're planning on releasing the first one in Dec. 2018. So it might be perfect timing and go over really well. Or the movies might be a flop and make people roll their eyes at the whole franchise. (Looking at you, Pirates of the Caribbean...) But I guess they kind of have no choice but to go through with it at this point.

Cars Land, Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land are all a good idea. I think it's good that they're focusing more on being gender neutral, and not as princessy (although I do love princessy).

My ideas: Pixar Place (might be a bit of a moot point now with two of Pixar's biggest franchises in their own land) Disney Junior Land (maybe not a whole land, but something more than just a character meal at Hollywood and Vine, and that show where you sit on the floor)

wwzesq

Oh no. You can't be serious about getting rid of the tomorrowland speedway. I went on my first trip to MK when I was 10 years old and it was one of my favorite rides. Flash forward 40 years and now it is my 11 year old son's favorite ride in the MK and has been for the last 8 years. Sure, it's loud, cheesy and smells obnoxious, but it is the most interactive ride at the park for the little guys (and girls). Where else would they get to drive a "real" race car?

mf1972

maybe they can gut SGE & turn it into a big hero 6 attraction. make it more of a slow moving vehicle ride instead of sitting in the dark in a circle, if space permits it.

Disneylover152

IN MAGIC KINGDOM:
- Indiana Jones Exploration Island (where "Tom Sawyer Island" was)

IN EPCOT
- Venezuela between "Norway
- Costa Rica between "Morocco" and "France"
- Switzerland between "Germany" and "Italy"

IN DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
- Cars Land
- Pixar Place

IN DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM
- The Seas With Nemo and Friends
- A Bugs Land

IN DISNEY SEA
- Mythical City
- Atlantis

IN WALT DISNEY STUDIOS
- MARVEL'S SUPERHERO CITY

cheesecake

Oh no. You can't be serious about getting rid of the tomorrowland speedway. I went on my first trip to MK when I was 10 years old and it was one of my favorite rides. Flash forward 40 years and now it is my 11 year old son's favorite ride in the MK and has been for the last 8 years. Sure, it's loud, cheesy and smells obnoxious, but it is the most interactive ride at the park for the little guys (and girls). Where else would they get to drive a "real" race car?

I can definitely appreciate the nostalgia of the ride, but I think at the very least it needs a reboot, or to find a home where it fits with the theme better. I also feel like it's kind of unsafe with the ever present possibility of someone bumping into another car, especially while the person ahead of them is exiting. It seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen, to be honest.

Suchomimus

Dobby wishes to see a Frontierland expansion behind Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Wonderland expansion where the Tomorowland Speedway is; Dobby also wishes to see a Weather Pavilion or new Space Pavilion in Future World, and Russia or Switzerland in World Showcase. For Hollywood Studios, Dobby wishes to see Monstropolis, Radiator Springs, and Superhero City. And for Animal Kingdom, Dobby would like to see, Zootopia, North or South America, and the Big Blue.

Last edited:

brb1006

I would add a new land/section at Animal Kingdom between Everest and River Rapids that is dedicated to woodland animals. After all we do have a deer as part of the carvings on the Tree Of Life. It would also give a break from most of the Jungle themed area and makes you feel like your in a deep peaceful and beautiful looking forest complete with a forest trail surrounded by flowers and a few rivers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom